Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyverneers Archive > General
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

General All around wyvern-related chat

Old 02-06-2006, 04:59 PM

layzee has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Death and Find Weakness for Magic Whip (questions)

In my current time of training whip to level 30, when I do approach level 30 - i am quite stuck in a predicament - to weather or not train in find weakness. Through recent advise, however, has informed me that find weakness (fw) is one of those "train all, or none skills".

The effects of find weakness seem quite desirable, though - would require in untraining certain skills in order to reach the maximum possible level of 20. Now I have recalled from another post that skill of death magic does, in fact, increase the damage of magic whip - but not to the extent of the skills of whip alone. So I have thought if I should decrease the amount of death (to two, so I could wear ring of life magic, to get longer resists), for find weakness to present more consistent damage towards the enemy.

This is where I start to become confused. Due to the fact that magic whip attacks in "magic" - i wonder if find weakness would have any effects at all.

---

Before I ask the questions - please follow these parameters to as a measure to avoid misunderstandings. Thanks n.n

(a) I will not remove any armor to get resists

(b) whip [b:c8971]will[/b:c8971] be trained to 30 - just in case someone tells me to not train any to save for find weakness.

(c) no rings shall be worn (if you think i would save skill points by untraining fire and just wear two rings)

(d) magic whip will be the main weapon used.

---

Questions

I have compiled the questions in ordered form for easy reference. Note, that you don?t *have* to answer all of the questions, but that would certainly be nice. lol

(1) Does find weakness effect magic whip?

(2) Would decreasing death to 2 (0 with two rings of life magic) - give a significant decrease to magic whip? Duly note, that I will have 30 whip skill.

(3) Would maxing find weakness break through physical resistances of magic whip?

eg. Meaning even with 2 death, i would still see "stagger" on diamond golems - or riagors

(4) Does fw effect the damage applied through blade enchantments?

eg. Instead of seeing "scorch", I would see trails of "engulf" when maxed.

(5) Would I not train in find weakness, and train in death or air instead?

Any such answers would be accepted, thank you in advance. n.n
Old 02-06-2006, 06:33 PM

Yay, all questions answered - awesome, and thanks. n.n

[quote:7b8c1]
Last I knew every point in death increased the WC of the whip by one, the effect(of two death) would be like a sword user upgrading from a elven broadsword to a two-handed sword.
[/quote:7b8c1]

Hmm, so your saying untraining 9 death to make room for max find weakness would be a *very* bad idea? Because if you say is true, at 20 death or so and 30 whip, magic whip shall do loads - lol ><

Oh, and also by stagger - i know thats magical damage, but is just showing as stagger lol. sorry ><

Further more, what would be the acceptable amount of air to add in a few hits of magic whip? I have 0 currently, lol ><

thanks again n.n
Old 02-06-2006, 07:03 PM

Thanks alot, I might even train death when I level - that should certainly account to the 26 whip I have currently n.n