Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyverneers Archive > General
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General All around wyvern-related chat

Old 08-31-2005, 08:41 PM

Moraath has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

[quote="King Of Dragons"]Second off, Charm Monster, Paralyze and those sorts of spells would be considered Defensive, as in, you are defending yourself by illing the monster. quote]

In that case all damaging spells are defensive, seeing as you are defending yourself by damaging the monster. Offensive means that you cast a spell with negative effect(s) as the main effect(s). Obviously, doing something to make the monster any worse at anything (fighting, for example), would be negative.

Secondly, I'm a meleer and I know that they should make people unable to cast resists on LQs. They took off healing so mages couldn't annoy everyone. So take off resists so everyone can't annoy mages.
Old 10-22-2006, 02:41 PM

Default !

Sirslash, you wouldn't like it if mages were still allowed to use heal on the monster. Doing so would just make half of the people get bored and start doing other things, like you said, "Cutting the competition in half." Obviously LQs aren't meant to be 'a race', like you said, otherwise they wouldn't have stopped allowing mages to cast heal on it. Even you might leave if you knew the monster was close to death and a mage cast heal on it, putting it right back to 100% again.
Evil.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:43 PM

ChikaoFG has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Hey, it was funny when Monya healed Archus! Everyone laughed! Even you did Ream!

And he only did it the once coz they'd fixed it.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:08 PM

Hey, just because it's legal doesn't make it nice. Mages healing wasn't prohibited for awhile, that didn't mean that it was fine for them to do so. People complained about it, and so they made it so you can't anymore. This is the same idea, just they haven't or aren't going to make people unable to cast resists on LQ monsters, doesn't mean that you need to be spiteful and do it anyway.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:58 PM

Mykenubie has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Re: !

[quote="Moraath":d5911]
Sirslash, you wouldn't like it if mages were still allowed to use heal on the monster. Doing so would just make half of the people get bored and start doing other things, like you said, "Cutting the competition in half." Obviously LQs aren't meant to be 'a race', like you said, otherwise they wouldn't have stopped allowing mages to cast heal on it. Even you might leave if you knew the monster was close to death and a mage cast heal on it, putting it right back to 100% again.
Evil.
[/quote:d5911]

You, sir, are a bloody moron for bringing back a topic that's been dead for [u:d5911][b:d5911]over a year[/b:d5911][/u:d5911].
Old 10-29-2006, 08:29 AM

And you, sir, missed the point entirely, or at least your post lead me to believe so.

Not that I participate in LQs, I just think it unfair, and rightly so.