Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyverneers Archive > Wyvern Help
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wyvern Help Got questions on how to play the game? Ask here

Old 01-13-2007, 07:34 AM

Drawcia has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Fire, lore, spirit, and meditation would help... Fire, lore, and spirit only if you heal/fire shield/mana shield. Meditation is to make actual use of your hydra forms. I hope I helped...
Old 01-13-2007, 08:01 AM

Default Re: Naga Build

[quote="fLAngel":ce610]
i wanna make a naga but im wonder could u [b:ce610]hydrabird it into a manashield[/b:ce610] with a flame shield or somthign like that ?

i know u need findweakness-fw and Str and unarmed but im not sure if they need resistance too ?
[/quote:ce610]
I was just trying to help...
Old 01-13-2007, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Naga Build

[quote="fLAngel":d1ea2]
i wanna make a naga but im wonder could u [color=red:d1ea2][size=18:d1ea2][b:d1ea2]hydrabird it into a manashield with a flame shield[/b:d1ea2][/size:d1ea2][/color:d1ea2] or somthign like that ?

i know u need findweakness-fw and Str and unarmed but im not sure if they need resistance too ?
[/quote:d1ea2]
Again I say, [b:d1ea2]WHO ASKED FOR THE MANASHIELD AND FLAMESHIELD ON A NAGA!?![/b:d1ea2] I just had to release all my anger by using capitals. And don't think your plan of getting me to quit wyvern so you can have all the training spots will work. I am still checking the forums you know?
Old 01-13-2007, 04:43 PM

Oh, thank you Silico! I mis-understand way to much things...
Old 01-15-2007, 12:02 AM

Oriso has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

You should probably just make a normal cavey naga and use prismatic shield potions -_-;.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:57 AM

I hope you are considering the constant sp drain from being in hydra form.. I think you need like 14 meditation or something just to be able to stay in it without spells.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:53 AM

I dont think theres a rod of prismatic shield, >_>
Old 01-18-2007, 10:00 AM

Does the fire skill help prismatic pots? o.o
Old 02-07-2007, 11:14 AM

Narhalles has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

On a naga just use an anti petri ring.

Narhalles - Rak Tiger - Cavies - level 22
Sihon - Stone Giant - Unguilded - level 21
LifeLine - Pixie Swords man - Unguilded - level 12
EgoMachine - Halfing Whipper - Unguilded - level 19
IC - Frost Giant - Unguilded - level 10
StaticS - Storm Giant - Unguilded - level 16
Old 02-08-2007, 12:55 PM

Veroule has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Let's run through this step by step with the assumption that hydra is the desired form.

First the minimum training requirements 20 unarmed(needed to hit diamond golems), 14 meditation(needed to maintain hydra). That leaves 26 skill points available to be determined for level 20.

Next mana shield requires either 3 lore or a potion. A potion works at the same level as having 5 spirit trained, if I recall 7 spirit provided the best possible return on mana shield, so a potion is a very viable option. Before we can determine which is better we have to look at guild choices though.

In order to make effective use of mana shield in hydra form, much more meditation will be required. This makes the mages guild quite attractive. Getting to guild level 5 isn't that hard and skill wise that would be the break even point for the mages guild. That would be +5 meditation and -5 unarmed. The other benefit here is that equipment choices are quite open, 5 imperial crowns and 5 amulets of spirit could be done to make 10 spirit solidly putting the top mana shield in place. The requirement of killing with spells though means more lore must be trained to get offensive spells.

The next choice is the monks guild. Here you can not wear imperial crowns without losing your guild bonuses, and penalties will still apply. This makes the potion option more attactive. It will require that meditation be trained much higher since the guild bonuses in meditation are extremely slim. You will also be spending fair amounts of gold buying potions.

Finally the cavies. The only way to do it with this guild is by way of a potion. The penalties to magic are just too high.

Next lets look at healing, even with a decent mana shield and enough meditation to keep up you will still need some. I always reccomended the Heal spell for hydra forms. First you don't need to train any life to have it be effective, second clovers cost just 1 gold and usually aren't all that hard to get a good stock of. As long as you are headed in a mage direction it usually ends up being only 3 points of lore from where you stop to get resistance and offensive spells, making an excellent choice. It is a very good choice for monk and unguilded hydras, only slightly more difficult to work in for cavies. Generally the training costs to make it effective end up less then the costs needed to do a spam healing design, because there is no need to train life.

So there are all the initial thoughts from one who was actually building a hydra mage.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:15 AM

First off, If you put mana shield on a hydra don't train more than 3 spirit.... 2 is more than enough.

With that much spirit your mana and HP will decrease at nearly the same rate. (Nagas have a 2/3 ratio nearly.) Which makes a 20% mana shield perfect.

OR.....

get 1 spirit and the heal spell. This way your mana will still block a little damage but you will still have enough to cast your heal spell when the hp gets low.

BUT! be careful....
Magic (especially fire) will eat your naga alive! and you cant do the giant solution of shrink healing. (unless you decide to be stupid and wear no rings, ammys, crowns, etc.) On the flip side, a naga really does not need to magic heal once they hit level 20. at that point they can get enough and wear enough get to get near immunity to magic and when the hp gets low the can jsut turn into a frog somewhere safe and let 5 or so levels of healing get them to full hp then switch to hydra and put the gear back on and continue.

(1 ring of fire, 1 ring of petrification, and 5 greater protection ammys.)

Old 02-09-2007, 02:01 AM

laugh all you want..... I never said that using mana sheild on a naga was really smart.... jsut stating how to best use mana sheild on a naga...

and anyways, I firmly believe that a 20-40% mana sheild is perfect. any more is a wast of mana and any less blocks too little.

Old 02-09-2007, 04:08 PM

well I read once somewhere that hydras could wear rings.

And in my experience a full mana shield is worthless.... first the damage goes to mana then to hp while with a partial shield some goes to mana and some goes to HP meaning that when your HP gets low you can cast minor healing or someother healing spell and recover all that HP. With my tests I can survive 3 hits from a Ghast with full mana shield (at level 10 pixie) with a partial mana shield (30%) and without lagging I can survive 5 or more. coincidence? I think not. infact a partial mana shield adds a slight buffer to the HP giving you time to react and hit your heal alias.

Old 02-09-2007, 04:56 PM

layzee has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

[quote:1c0d4]
And in my experience a full mana shield is worthless.... first the damage goes to mana then to hp while with a partial shield some goes to mana and some goes to HP meaning that when your HP gets low you can cast minor healing or someother healing spell and recover all that HP. With my tests I can survive 3 hits from a Ghast with full mana shield (at level 10 pixie) with a partial mana shield (30%) and without lagging I can survive 5 or more. coincidence? I think not. infact a partial mana shield adds a slight buffer to the HP giving you time to react and hit your heal alias.
[/quote:1c0d4]

mana shield is the last thing a player wants to do if they are going to heal - either no mana shield, or a full one

if a player is spam healing on a pixie, mana shielding even with 35 percent dramatically reduces ideal base spam healing hp by about 3850

>.>