Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyverneers Archive > Storytelling
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

Storytelling Share your mighty deeds on Wyvern

Old 12-08-2006, 09:34 PM

Fredd has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Doomed frem the start

When me was younger, I got dragged into one of them adventures that sure never will be told by them bards. It had been a early winter that year, snow was everywhere. Winter tis sorta nice, good excuse to repair yer armor, forge new axes, and visit the tavern to swap lies, and test out the autumn ale. And thats all me wanted to do, till spring. But nooooooooo, Binsenkind had heard that some miners had broken into a unknown system of tunnels, and wanted to go snooping. So he was hunting up bored dwarves, to go explore the new tunnels.
Now Binsenkind was in the Axeguild, so he figured it twas up to him to organize a mission. Them Axeguild fellers sorta okeys, but they get way too excited about new places. Never tell anyone, but all them Guild people get too happy about new stuff, that can wait till later.
Most of us Dwarves sorta like to explore some, no tellin what good junk yee can find. Also it is a good chance to practice yer orc whompin skills.Them varmints love old tunnels and the like.But why do it in winter? Me rather sit around a nice fire, with a mug of brew.
After about a hour of a big speech on dwarven bravery, Binsen said the key werd,"Loot". I tell yee what, it got our attention."What me gonner find in abandoned tunnels?", Furybreed asked him. He is a prime reason why yee need to wear a helmet."Theres no tellin, but I heard that a old rich dragon has a lair around here," which comment of Binsens really got us to talkin. An hour later, we decided that Binsen could use some help. There could be a horrendous monster that Varak might need saving from.
Besides the fact that Binsenkind promised to buy us 2 kegs when we go back, it seemed like a good ideer. Anyway, what stoopid monster gonna live in a abandoned tunnel. Boy, we sure guessed wrong.
Binsen told us to meet at the old Besar mine at dawn, with supplies to last a week. We all agreed, shook hands, and went back to our ale. Then me heard the voice of Doom. "Can I go with you?" Turnin around, I saw Doom's face.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:22 AM

Doom was a gal who would turn even a Paladin into a drunk. About 20 years ago, a couple of us were headed to New Verdan, to sell, and buy stuff in the Auction house. Actually it was a good excuse to escape our wimmen folks, and visit sweet Rosie, and her ale.
Halfway to Verdan, we saw smoke billowing from a stand of trees. Since it was the dead of winter, and snow was already a foot deep, it figured that a big fire was serta curious, so we went to see its cause. When we found the source, we found the cause. Orcs had attacked a party of halflings, and were havin a grand old time. They had kilt the halflings, and were rooting through the 2 wagons for loot. We 3 felt obliged to put a stop to the celebration. Two crossbolt bolts started the fun, but not for the orcs. Orcs are cowardly varmints, especially facing three sober dwarves. After a few chops with our axes, that bunch decided it was time to go home. Me and Soonsoo were all set to follow them, and send them to their god, but Binsenkind stopped us.
"Fellas, we got a problem." Looking at Binsen, he pointed at the problem.Seems like one of the halflings had survived, a little gal. Well, we couldn't go chasin after orcs, when the child might freeze, so we hadda tend to her. Soonsoo wrapped her up in a blanket, and me made some broth. Binsen finally got her to quit squallin, which helped our ears alot. After a long talk, we decided to head back to Varak. It was closer than New Verdan.
Now we were facing a dilemma, truth be told. The babe did not need to be in the cold, we could do with some ale, and our biggest fear was that we might need to change a diaper. So we high tailed it bach to Varak, with Doom in tow.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:13 PM

Editors Note: Sorry about the rambling, readers. Fredd showed up
at the scribes cubicle mighty blistered, so this story may ramble.

Well, we got the lass back to Varak, in pretty good shape. After begging Binsens Aunt Matilda to help us with the babe, she told us to get out of her house, she would take care of the child. So for 20 years, the lass was raised by us dwarves. Aunt Matilda took care of the diapers, Bless Reorx!
So she grew up around us, and least learnt good Dwarven manners, fer the most part. She turned into a decent smith, but twas too scrawny to wield a battle axe. Warrok taught her how to wield a sword, so least she could defend herself. He was a Paladin, so his brains not really that well cooked.
That girl never would admit to be a halfing, even when she was young. Several still have knots on our heads from when we called her a halfling. I tell you, she can throw a rock finestkind.
Since she was not tough as a dwarf, Warrok introduced her to a magic fella. Bah, that magic stuff sorta stinky. Only reason them folks use it cause they scairt to fight honorably.
She helped us out around the forges, so she could pay off that crook fer her magic lessons, and to buy a stinky diamond sword.
Them lessons, and the sword fund was was got her involved in our little adventure.