Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyverneers Archive > Features and Ideas
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Features and Ideas Suggestions on items, areas, quests etc

Old 12-03-2006, 05:30 PM

Linda has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Perhaps easier and better-looking on-screen would be to include in a character's close description (right-click) their physical status - at twenty-five per cent damage, it might read "<character name> is somewhat injured," while at fifty per cent it might me more along the lines of "<character name> is badly injured" all the way down to "<> is seriously injured" to "<> is near death."

Something you said in your post reminds me of a qualm I have with Wyvern - there is no place for a dedicated healer. Parties don't generally need them. Wyvern, actually, seems poorly built for the party mechanic, at that. There is little reason to create a character whose purpose isn't to deal massive amounts of damage while taking or avoiding reciprocal damage. There's little place for a Bard-like character in a party; no area-of-effect buffing spells beneficial to the party, such as increased to-hit, armour-rating, skill-checks . . . no Paladin or Cleric holy protective auras . . . . Perhaps a short-ranged (3x3) area-of-effect healing spell could help with this sort of thing, but it most certainly wouldn't be a huge fix. Decreasing the rate at which character's are able to heal - or finding other ways to subject them to harm (more deadly or debilitating poison damage, for example) could increase the effectiveness of the non-combatant healer character.

On a side-note, do healing spells currently damage creatures of the undead variety?
Old 12-03-2006, 05:42 PM

Zeofar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Yeah, thats also one of my gripes about Wyvern, nobody wants to be in a group. But actually, they are right in saying that because there isn't any real benefit to grouping- Part of the reason why making it guild specific with some kind of guild might actually be a good idea. Maybe spam healing is only avalible to people in certain guilds. Meh, I'm just rambling now, so I'll stop.

And as far as I know, the answer is no, although it would be nice to have one or two monster damaging life spells that don't require weapons.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:04 PM

Hm. That could certainly apply, although having only six status messages works well in Neverwinter Nights (Uninjured, Barely Injured, Injured, Badly Injured, and Near Death), so the number of status messages (many or few) is rather irrelevant to the concept of the idea.

I've always been partial to the Bard-type character, and I have a memory of the character creation page of the Wyvern website that said something to the effect of "If you want to make a Dwarf that sings songs and plays a lute, go ahead," but that sort of things is difficult to do in Wyvern and retain any playability other than chatting. A Bard-style class would be nifty . . . though a centralized Guild, as with the Monks, Paladins, etc., wouldn't fit with the archetype, as Bards tend to be very decentralized. Perhaps there could be scattered locations throughout the map where one could "join" . . . .

But I digress; I'm rather pulling this thread from its topic, am I not?
Old 12-03-2006, 10:41 PM

Oh. Then that's a good thing, yes?