Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyverneers Archive > Misc
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

Misc Misc

Old 11-20-2006, 08:29 PM

Zeofar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Grah, I'd help you, but I'm on the wrong computer. >.<.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:01 PM

Fredd has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Furybreed, wouldn't it be possible to just drag, and drop the 4 views of the image into the folder you have made for your custom images. When I tinkered with the image files in the client, I just substituted the 4 new images for the old ones, and renamed them like the old ones.I.E. the Lady Blackrose incident, lol.
<image layer="-500" path="wiz\arch\Dwarf_axeman\image\dwarf_ champion.S.gif"/>.
If the drag and drop works, this seems it might be the command line,
<image layer="-500"path="wiz\furybreed\arch\ Insert name of picture folder\insert name of characters views folder"/>

Go open up your wyvern client. That will give you better understanding of the hierarchy of naming your paths. For example Arilous hof pics he uploaded. You open up Wizards folder, then Arilou folder, then Hof pics folder, then a characters folder to look at a pic.
The map editor choses which character view to show on screen, depending on its position, rather which direction it is facing.
If your making a custom image for a item, or a monster, after you open Arilou folder you open arch folder, insert a image folder containing the single view of images you made, then have folders inside the image folder for images with different views. Scuse me Arilou for takin yer name in vain, lol.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:16 AM

If you using a Wacom tablet, thats gonna save you lots of time, Sourcream.
Besides the shadows, hof pics need 4 views, if unanimated. Giants gonna need also 4 views of the dwarf form.Animated pics will need how so many frames of the image for each view. Keep animation under 3 frames, or it will lag considerably with slow connections. Most of the monster pics only need 2 views, unless you want to get happy, and make 4(Front,Rear,West,East).
Items, like rings, weapons,armor, etc., don't need to be in scale. Just use 32x32 dimensions for them.
All the images need to be indexed color, with a alpha transparency. Alpha is just a layer that allows the items to show, on another image, without the objects background showing.There are free programs to download, that can make the alpha layers.
They also need to be in gif format. Don't format the image in MS Paint. Rhialtos server cannot display the images formatted with MS. You can download some free programs, though,to handle the conversion to gifs.
And when you make a image, imagine the items gettin illuminated from the left side, with the light a little bit above it. So as you make the image, its left side will be a little shinier, and right side a little darker.
Old 12-09-2006, 12:00 AM

Sourcream, the 32x32 thingy is dimesions of the image. The smallest thing you can make is a pixel. so when you zoom in on a image, it is gonna look ragged. When image is enlarged, the viewers eyes cannot see every individual pixel, so thats how you trick viewers eyes into thinking its 3d. Use the tablet to get the basic outline of the figure, zoom in and use mouse to fill in tiny details.