Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyverneers Archive > Features and Ideas
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

Features and Ideas Suggestions on items, areas, quests etc

Old 09-12-2006, 08:03 PM

Linda has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

The Bounty Hunters' Guild should also have a level limit: If you're five levels above a player, then you can't kill them for a bounty.

I don't agree with making those four divisions of the Mages' Guild for several reasons: If the majority of people are Fire/Water mages, then instead of pandering further to them, give them more choices. Make an Earth and Air section of the Mages' Guild; I especially disagree with having Fire, Water, AND Fire/Water. Do away with the third, replace it with more.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:54 PM

Linda has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Maybe make the Bail for being captured by a Bounty Hunter more than however much money the Hunter gets for capturing you, and make the waiting time for being captured by a Bounty Hunter longer than usual?
Old 09-12-2006, 11:15 PM

Zeofar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

It is not RP like in any way, shape or form to get dodge in a polearms guild. Blocking and Dodging are TOTALLY diffrent things. First of all, Two handed weapons are more combersome, making it harder to move around, which has to do with dodging. Also, it could be argued that a larger weapon makes for better blocking, but it just really doesn't work, espeically for polearms. One of the reason why you see the usual image of a typical giant brute holding a claymore/two-handed weapon/giant club is becuase, since they focus and use all their energy on making huge attacks, and they are slow and have cumbersome weapons, they don't focus on doding attacks, which is why they need to be tough enough to take a beating, That and the fact that its just figured that large strong people use large strong weapons, but you get my point, even if I didn't quite say what I meant.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:55 AM

Fredd has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I can just see someone digging out all there alts,then tell their buddies where the alts gonna be hiding at, unarmed and unarmored.
Polearms were originally designed to counter charges by calvary. Pikes were used to stop the charge, halberdiers then closed, and hacked up the horsemen. Greek and roman soldiers did use long spears,but that was usually when in formation. If formation was broken up,they were fresh meat for the lighter armored foes. A pole arm does have the reach,but if you can get inside the swing of the weapon,they were basically defenseless
Old 09-13-2006, 01:19 AM

Fredd has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Would still cause massive money transfers, and with some of this bunch,it would become a profession,lol
Old 09-13-2006, 12:00 PM

quijote has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Well the bounty hunters guild seems to me like an alternative for the pk guild. I never joined and never will join the pk guild cause otherwise mages and other stuff will just pk me during lq's as for the bounty hunters guild nobody can pk me if i'm not wanted by the authorities.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:22 PM

quijote has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

That's the idea I believe.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:39 PM

Zeofar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

For polearms guild to REALLY be good, They need to fix hurled, give them a hurled bonus, then add Guild only javelins and spears.