Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyverneers Archive > Features and Ideas
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

Features and Ideas Suggestions on items, areas, quests etc

Old 06-03-2006, 01:40 AM

Zeofar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Decent idea, although it does NOT make sense for wolves to have more dodge than cats, also these are definitely not new ideas. They also should not have the same skills as other Rakshasa, becuase they are from diffrent lands, diffrent tribes ect.. also its rather easy to just come up with a diffrent animal, slap "rakshasazorztype" on it and then say it gets everytin cep difrunt hp/sp ya!so, how aobut this

Bears: +1 strength, +2 healing, -1 medatation, one more minues in everting other raks are negative in and no night eye ability and (possibly able to use shields although that may completely discredit them as rakshasa and you might as well play as a giant or dwarf?)

Wolves:+1 healing, and howl ability that has a 1% chance to scare monsters on every hit, the level that they can scare starting at level 5 when they are created, and for every level they gain it adds to their ability to scare, so at level 25 they can scare level 30 monsters (which at that point isn't that great)

Now, i'm not completely for this idea, but i'm just trying to improve it. If any of the bonuses were covered then please negate my stupidity.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:41 AM

Null has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I don't need new raks, but want tail armors...
Old 06-05-2006, 11:56 AM

I was thinking Tail Maces.... at least for Cavies
Old 06-06-2006, 11:43 AM

Linda has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

'Cause you can put so much force behind a blow caused by the muscles in a tail...?
Old 06-06-2006, 01:07 PM

Caveman = Extremely Strong. Thats about the extent of any reasoning in there >.<
Old 06-06-2006, 04:32 PM

ChikaoFG has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Tail weapons are pointless... Why not just give them tail armor so they can get more dodge?
Old 06-06-2006, 10:19 PM

I never said make it do alot of damage, my intention was for it to be slow and do about the damage of getting one or two extra unarmed, but it will still work even if you cannot train it any further or is too expensive for you to afford to do so. I imagined it to be more for a type of RP sort of thing or a novelty of it, and Rakshasa do have a slot for Tail. But yes, Tail armor is good too.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:54 AM

ChikaoFG has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

The tail weapon is really pointless, I think. Because in RP, I doubt anyone would turn their back on an opponent, and, for many creatures, tails have been a weakness. I'm not sure whether that applies to a Rakshasa or not, but if it does, then surely they could have tail armor to protect their weakness.

Coming from a gamer's PoV, I say the raks could do with 10 more dodge.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:37 PM

I was gonna say the thing about turning around but you beat me to it. Well anyways, i think Hydra tail weapons might be less reasonable if you look at the way they are made. Their bodies are made all wrong for it to work, and the Hydra would have to break its spine in half for it to come into length with the heads. It dosen't quite make sense the way see it. I can, however clearly imagine a few ways for a Rakshasa to hit someone with something on thier tail, the opportunities would be few, so like i said, it would be slow. ........ i had a mental cut-off.. can't say anything else now... more later...
Old 06-08-2006, 09:29 PM

First of all i doubt Hydra's could turn around very quickly, especialy compared to Dragons. Also, RP wise, a himan skilled in acrobatics could possibly jump or get out of the way quick enough. Also, there is a possiblity that they would take it as an opportunity to stab their swords (if they use swords) into the Hydra, and then climb it continualy stapping the sowrd in and taking it out. This would be a problem for Humans but an Elf could probably do this rather quickly, and a Rakshasa could do this even quicker simply becuase of using their claws which is much easier and they have spped and agility. And Arilou, there are, in at least an RP world, metals that are light but also durable. And also, like i said, they would have to be extremely strong (thinking cavemen here) to do anything like that with their tail anyways, but yes, it does not make a total deal of sense but as far as i know i am quoting you here "Realistic isn't always fun."
Old 06-09-2006, 02:28 AM

First of all, This is getting far away from the original topic. Second, its not forcing anything down anyones throats, its a thing on the side for that someone might like to use. Thirdly, it was a slight little blurb of an idea that i never thought was that great, and was actauly kindof a sarcastic mention to the comment about tail armor. Fourthly, if you think of how a REAL battle might actualy take place it is possible for it to exist just based on the fact if it was made of a light metal and the user had some amount of strength in their tail that it could be used, not be muscles, but by momentum, and not, not swing it around your head multiple times which would not work. Fifthly, The point wasn't simply to have smash damage for Rakshasa. Sixthly, These Aliens and "Soldiers from the future" (I assume you are referring to Raze) might have sufficient technology for it to be a valid idea, assuming on the off chance that for some reason they had a tail mace on their person. Seventhly, You've never took a poll of how many people thought that you created "senseless dribble" that was forced donw their throats. And Eigthly, Theres alot of things that are better in idea than the result, becuase imagining something is always so much more vivid and clear than actauly how it turns out when you make it. Go by yourself some X-Ray glasses pal, becuase they sure sound alot better in idea than what you get.