Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Off Topic
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

Off Topic Discuss anything unrelated to Wyvern here, within reason.

Old 01-04-2012, 06:25 AM

Newnagaraga has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Computer Mouse Dark Souls

Has anyone ever play this game? A friend of mine bought this as a gift for me a few days ago and I must say It is a very difficult game.

Basically its an RPG with some very special elements. When you kill a creature in the game you collect the creatures soul, which are basically points in the game. When you have a certain amount of soul (like 5000 for example). You have a choice of either buying weapons/armour with the soul, or you can use it to level up your character, so you really have to be smart when spending your soul that you collect.

There are also "checkpoints" called bonfires, which heal you and let you do various other things like levelling up your character and such. However there is one major disadvantage with the bonfire. Once you use a bonfire, ALL enemies that you have slain rise up again. (Except for bosses and mini-bosses).

Another interesting aspect of the game is humanity, which are basically little black sprites. When you start the game, you are "hollow" or undead. However
if you find one of theses rare little black sprites, you are able to become human, which leads me to one of the most interesting parts of the game, which is the multiplayer experience.

When you become a human are connected online (Xbox Live in my case) you are able to see writing on the floors that are like little hints/tips on where you are heading. These messages have been left by players that have entered the area before. The thing you must be worried about is that the hints or instructions on the writing could be false, and could be an attempt from players to trick others that enter the area.

Another thing you can do when you are playing online is the ability to summon other players. Basically, if someone has placed a summoning sign in an area, you can summon that player to help fight with you. This can be VERY helpful against boss battles, as this game is mind crushingly hard at many, many points of the game.

However, while people are able to help you, there are some that will try to kill you. There is a possibility that another player takes the form of a dark spirit (basically a red/black figure) that will attempt to kill you in order to take your souls. They enter randomly, and cannot choose their targets. I have had this happen to me around 3 times, with 2 of the invaders being much more powerful than I was.

A really amazing game, a very difficult game, and a very lengthy game. It has basically cured my addiction from Battlefield 3 (An addiction curing an addicting= a new addiction) .

If anyone does have Xbox live however, my gamertag is :Yashar1994

I have Black Ops, NHL 12, Battlefield 3 and of course, Dark Souls.