Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Off Topic
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

Off Topic Discuss anything unrelated to Wyvern here, within reason.

Old 12-23-2011, 01:37 AM

Newnagaraga has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Computer Mouse Skyrim

Anyone feel like they are playing wyvern 3D (except playing by yourself)? Fighting dragons, going into caverns, enchanting weapons/armour and plenty of other stuff, it really reminds me of the fun times playing Wyvern. Has anyone else have an experience like this? It really takes me back...
Old 12-24-2011, 02:21 AM

Iro has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Not in the slightest. Skyrim's a good game, but no.
Old 12-24-2011, 04:39 AM

Harbringer Of Good Stuff is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones

Skyrim actually has a plot, its way too good to be even compared to Wyvern.

I look toward the day of being the best I can be.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:24 AM

Iro has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Skyrim didn't come close to the feeling of adventure/complexity Wyvern had.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:16 AM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbringer Of Good Stuff View Post
If you're referring to an overall backstory, Wyvern has a very detailed and extensive one. The problem is that it mostly exists in my head and in disconnected notes on various pieces of paper and text files. Gaining a consensus among wizards that it's the official history that we wanted to put forth, making tweaks/additions based on suggestions from other wizards, and compiling it all together into a comprehensive historical section for the website (with small stories that could be put into books found in-game to compliment it) was on the list.

While it has admittedly been on the list for awhile, (other things have taken priority since we were given the opportunity to make significant changes) I imagine you would have seen that this year if the game had remained up - Barring procrastination or some crisis coming up that re-focused my attention, that was the plan since we had slowed down on bug/balance updates.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:36 AM
Wizard

Valkon has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arilou View Post
The problem is that it mostly exists in my head and in disconnected notes on various pieces of paper and text files.
You mean the pieces of paper I... ehm someone put though the shredder, while sweeping your workroom.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:45 AM

Kama has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbringer Of Good Stuff View Post
Not to detract from/sidetrack this thread, but if that's how you feel, why are you even here?

Your statement comes off as if you're comparing Wyvern to the hundreds of Slash n' Bash games floating around the web, which it most certainly is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arilou
If you're referring to an overall backstory, Wyvern has a very detailed and extensive one. The problem is that it mostly exists in my head and in disconnected notes on various pieces of paper and text files. Gaining a consensus among wizards that it's official history that we wanted to put forth, making tweaks/additions based on suggestions from other wizards, and compiling it all together into a comprehensive historical section for the website (with small stories that could be put into books found in-game to compliment it) was on the list.

While it has admittedly been on the list for awhile, (other things have taken priority since we were given the opportunity to make significant changes) I imagine you would have seen that this year if the game had remained up - Barring procrastination or some crisis coming up that re-focused my attention, that was the plan since we had slowed down on bug/balance updates.
I would love to see that happen. The few bits of history and backstory on the website just aren't enough to satisfy my itch!

A bit more on topic - Haven't played Skyrim yet, since I can't justify spending all that money to not be able to play it until my laptop gets repaired. It looks awesome though, and what I've seen does remind me a bit of Wyvern. Just.. not as good.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:26 AM

thedib has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Tbh I prefer wyverns content to skyrims, first the whole social side, second skyrim is always going to be a basically static world, my personal hate is that it still feels like a morrowind expac =( adjustable difficulty levels are lame, esp when the games fairly weak on master =(, long story short, I was very unimpressed with skyrim, played it for 3? Weeks, but im still here checking these forums =P

And in skyrim you can get to lvl 22 using just barter, enchanting and blacksmithing with no fighting except your initial escape, very lame takes like 4 hours

Last edited by thedib : 12-25-2011 at 01:34 AM.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:38 PM

Gate has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I really like Skyrim but I don't really think its similar to Wyvern. Both are very good games in their own ways. *shrug*

Ps. Get enchanting maxed and you're pretty much unkillable btw >.>