Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Off Topic
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

Off Topic Discuss anything unrelated to Wyvern here, within reason.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:31 AM

Kama has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default An Interesting Article

"The brains of people who regularly play computer games differ from those of infrequent gamers, research suggests."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-15720178

Just thought I'd share.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:30 PM
Wizard

Valkon has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

In my experience most players do not have a brain.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:19 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkon View Post
In my experience most players do not have a brain.
That's because Arilou ate them via the straw in the ear trick.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:30 PM

Kama has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Sadly, I can't argue with either of your posts. >.>
Old 11-17-2011, 10:54 PM

Zeofar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Pish posh. What does this prove except that gamers are obviously goal-oriented, highly driven people? I'm going to add "Gamer" to my resume now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kama View Post
Sadly, I can't argue with either of your posts. >.>
Ahah! But I can! One of them, at least.

Since Arilou himself suffers from the same condition, he could not have masterminded such a devious plot!

Need proof? One must be a fool to be to fantasize about being an omnipotent mad chaos god who slurps midgets straight from the blender. That's all the proof any of us should need.

Then again, I also think that I'm a jaunty man-panther who shoots fire from his hands. Which is comparable. And may discredit my entire argument.

Last edited by Zeofar : 11-17-2011 at 11:07 PM.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:45 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeofar View Post
Ahah! But I can! One of them, at least.

Since Arilou himself suffers from the same condition, he could not have masterminded such a devious plot!.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm not a big gamer. I never really played Wyvern, I quit MMOs before starting work "here," and the only gaming stations I own are a non-functional Atari, a Sega Genesis, and a Playstation 1 (plus a gameboy) - All of which have been sitting in my basement unused for who even remembers how long. Admittedly, I do tend to play games on my phone, but mostly just when I'm in public trying to pass the time while I wait for something. Then there's the computer, which okay, I play a quick game on here and there, but I tend not to have much time for anything too serious. When working with Wyvern I could pass it off as research and sometimes I did, but mostly I preferred to do "research" by reading lots and lots of fantasy books as I view reading as more worthwhile.

Quote:
Need proof? One must be a fool to be to fantasize about being an omnipotent mad chaos god who slurps midgets straight from the blender. That's all the proof any of us should need
I don't think of Arilou as a fantasy (not to totally burst your bubble, but we're kind of polar opposites in a lot of ways). Rather, I view him a character meant to entertain and to act as a counter force for the adventures of players - Not only does every hero need an opposing force that puts challenges in their way, but what better way to encourage people to play in your areas? You have someone taunting you with death via his monstrous creations and players go either out of curiousity (in a general sense or to see what came out of the mind of the self proclaimed mad alien typing to them) or because they want to "beat Arilou" in the only way they can... through his creations.

... I'm sorry, I mean... yeah! Let's get crazy and, uh, eat some brains! Brains... can't get enough of those. Um... yum. *awkwardly sticks my thumb into the air and tries to smile, but just walks off instead while mumbling about how I used to be better at this*