Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > General
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General For serious discussions about general Wyvern topics.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:03 AM

Lacuna has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Donations and the Future of Wyvern

Hello, my name is Lacuna, and I am a Wyvernite.

I've been playing this game off an on since 2003. I've put in more hours training, and socializing, and having a good time than in any other game--probably in all other games combined.

A lot of us have been on here for years off an on. It's a great game, a game that still has a lot to offer people in this world of huge, stifling, MMOs. Wyvern's simplicity is its strength.

So what have we paid for this awesome game that has given me so much joy and fun? Nothing. Yes, there's been one little dinky page hidden somewhere in the site, but this game has never been one to really ask for donations out front and center.

Here's what I propose: let's e-mail the founder, and let him know we're with him, we're willing to put our money where our mouths are, if he cares to continue.

I'm not going to post his e-mail. I figure if you're serious enough to donate, you're serious enough to do a little Googling.

Let's keep Wyvern going.

Last edited by Lacuna : 06-08-2011 at 01:52 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:07 AM

Odolf has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I completely agree and you have my full support.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:09 AM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand

If we can get a response from Rhialto concerning the game, and a definite answer that donations will guarantee the games return, then I will help as well.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:35 AM

I agree with you, Salky. But if what Teshuvah said was any indication, it's possible he's getting apathetic about the game. I think it's important for each and every serious Wyvern player to e-mail him (once, let's not spam the poor guy) and remind him that we're a very loyal fanbase.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:50 AM

Thonkhs has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Hm i totally agreee with Lacuna,

and played this game since 2004. and spend also lots of time and had lots of fun.
So if it would help. Then you would have my help.

* wave and greetings*
Old 06-08-2011, 12:11 PM

Lanterra has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I'd do what I can to. Idk what I could donate. Wyvern definatly must go on though. If the game itself cannot continue perhaps at least the dream and concept could go on.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:24 PM

Xerxes has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

In case you missed the first step ladies and gentlemen, find Rhialto's e-mail on the Internet, and send him a kind yet energetic letter expressing your gratitude and desire for the continuation of Wyvern.

I e-mailed him just now (time of this edit).

"Strike the earth!" - Dwarf Fortress

Xerxes the Human Hall of Famer (Level 28)
Shatter the Dwarven Hall of Famer (Level 28)
Rumor the Rakshasa Hall of Famer (Level 25)

Last edited by Xerxes : 06-08-2011 at 01:57 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:30 PM

Kama has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I'm with Lacuna 100% on this.

I've been playing Wyvern since almost the very beginning, and there will never be another game that can compete with it for me. I am, and always will be, a hopeless Wyvernite (<3). I'll do anything within my power to see that the game can return and 10 years doesn't become a 'good run'.

You have my full support.

Last edited by Kama : 06-08-2011 at 01:33 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:17 PM

Trayr is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones

From what Teshuvah said, I don't think money is the issue. I believe it is lack of interest and time. You guys might as well kiss Wyvern goodbye. I know it is hard for people to face the truth sometimes.

On another note, Xbox Live is doing great right now. Maybe you guys should look into that.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:17 PM
Player Mod

Halloween has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

You have my support as well. While I stopped playing my sister still enjoys this game (or enjoyed). It's a great game and should be continued.

I've been looking for contact information for Rhialto as well, and found some links.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wyvern_%28video_game%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Yegge

http://steve-yegge.blogspot.com/2008...ve-xemacs.html

Still unsure on how to get in contact. I'll keep digging.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trayr View Post
From what Teshuvah said, I don't think money is the issue. I believe it is lack of interest and time. You guys might as well kiss Wyvern goodbye. I know it is hard for people to face the truth sometimes.
In the same message, she also mentioned getting in touch with R referencing donations and such. So if Xbox is so great, why not stay on there and stop with the negativity?

Just a thought.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:05 PM
Player Mod

Rarkvar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

If Rhialto made an appearnance and addressed us on the issue, I would want to make a donation to see the game fixed.

From what I understand, it doesn't seem like the issue is too large. Hopefully its nothing that could be fixed at the cost of one or two weekends.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:42 PM

Baurus has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I haven't been around on Wyvern a long as some of you guys. I think I started just after the long downtime a while back. But from then til the minute the game went down I have been 1 of Wyvern's biggest fans and supporters (despite the "nefarious" acts i have done on the game before as acts of rage and stupidity >.>). Wyvern wasn't just a game, it really had an impact on me. For instance everyone knows (or should know) that me and my brother play this game, and we've never really been interested in a thing the other has done until Wyvern came along. Me and my brother actually grew a little closer as we watched our characters become the 2 powerhouses they are now. But I also met a very dear friend who although we are a few states apart are very much good friends and we play all kinds of online games together to this day. We've been doing so for the last 2-3 years. Also i've met so many other Wyvernites or Wyverneers which have all been great friends although many of you it's mostly an in-game relationship. Wyvern is a great game and environment to go to after a long day of work or to relieve some stress. If nothing can be worked out and we must bear the death of the greatest online game i've ever played then so be it, but I am willing to give it a fighting chance and you have my full support. I'd donate a hefty sum to see this game keep going on as long as possible. So Rhialto if you see this message then prepare to look at your e-mails! Because you'll have 1 from me soon (and hopefully the rest of Wyvern's community)!
Old 06-08-2011, 07:22 PM

Trayr is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacuna View Post
In the same message, she also mentioned getting in touch with R referencing donations and such. So if Xbox is so great, why not stay on there and stop with the negativity?

Just a thought.
Negativity? Nonsense, I am just trying to get everyone to accept the sad truth.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Player Mod

Rarkvar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trayr View Post
Negativity? Nonsense, I am just trying to get everyone to accept the sad truth.
But some people would much rather just keep believing in Santa Claus.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:37 AM

Iro has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

If donations will get the game back up and running, I'll donate.

Maybe it'd be better if we had the people who're willing to donate post a general amount they'd be comfortable parting with. We can then count it all and give Rhialto a roundhouse estimate of how much the community would be willing to donate in order to speed things along.

+ ~$20.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:45 AM
Player Mod

Clubbz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I'm with Trayr, partially anyways. It's most likely that money isn't the problem, life is either getting in the way, or he's just moved on. I won't say that's a definite answer, but it is most likely the case.

Although, I also agree with the idea of seeing if money is the problem, and offering to donate, seeing as it can't possibly hurt the situation any further. It's entirely possible that this could be the correct cause, though it's a longshot in my mind.

I'd also offer to donate, but I don't do any sort of online purchasing, or long distance transactions of any sort, so I'm kind of out of the question.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:41 AM

bonecrusher has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

i've been on wyvern for a few years,and i'd hate to see it go.it's hard to find a good online game these days.i've met alot of interesting players on wyvern,and i've had alot of fun playing with those of you i did play with.im a pretty loyal fan of wyvern,and refuse to accept it dieing for good.wyvern has always come back from the dead in it's past downtime's.hopefully it will rise again.hurry and come back wyvern! i miss bashing hordes of random monsters!
Old 06-09-2011, 12:00 PM

Enerath has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I haven't been on Wyvern very long but I have to say it's the funnest game I've ever played.
No there weren't any 3D graphics or a new customized battle feature but thats exactly what made it great to me.
And the playerbase...It was great.
If this is a matter of money then I'm willing to donate.
R can count on an email from me.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:28 PM

Exile has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silico View Post
If donations will get the game back up and running, I'll donate.

Maybe it'd be better if we had the people who're willing to donate post a general amount they'd be comfortable parting with. We can then count it all and give Rhialto a roundhouse estimate of how much the community would be willing to donate in order to speed things along.

+ ~$20.
I'd go in for around ~$400-500. But as other people have mentioned I don't think money is the issue here. R lost interest in his game a long time ago and hasn't been actively involved for awhile. It's sad to say, but it was bound to happen eventually.