Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Off Topic
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Discuss anything unrelated to Wyvern here, within reason.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:34 AM

Penny has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to Penny
Default Other MMOS

So what is everyone playing while Wyvern is down?

For the most part I don't really want to play MMOs anymore.. but I atleast need something to do until I move again. :/
Old 04-11-2011, 12:59 PM
Player Mod

Clubbz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I thought you played WoW?

But yeah, anyways, I haven't really playing any MMO's on a computer. I've been spending a lot of time playing my PS3, and reading instead.

I've been playing:

Call of Duty: Black Ops --It's really not as bad as everyone flames it to be
Demon's Souls -- Pure fun for me
Borderlands --It's somewhat old, but its one of my all time favorite games

Not to mention various RPG's I've yet to get into.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:37 PM

hofod has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clubbz View Post
I thought you played WoW?

But yeah, anyways, I haven't really playing any MMO's on a computer. I've been spending a lot of time playing my PS3, and reading instead.

I've been playing:

Call of Duty: Black Ops --It's really not as bad as everyone flames it to be
Demon's Souls -- Pure fun for me
Borderlands --It's somewhat old, but its one of my all time favorite games

Not to mention various RPG's I've yet to get into.
hey man if you play online add me! PSN is Magucchi!
Old 04-11-2011, 03:11 PM
Player Mod

My PSN is Noseter

I'm not great at most games, I usually ride the line of average. I'll add you when I get a chance, I'm trying to fix my VCR right now. I was watching some old movies that I haven't updgraded to DVD yet and my VCR gimped up and I can't get the tape out.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:18 PM

Played WoW for a couple of years but I got tired of it.

I loved Borderlands. Kind of ran out of things to do, but Borderlands was a very ideal game for me since it's both an FPS and RPG. I have an Xbox though.. tempted to trade it in for a PS3.

I'm not very good at a lot of games either. xD I was a great healer and DPS in WoW and decent at PvP, but I realized I'm usually not that great at most games lol. Dunno if I was good at Borderlands or if it was just because Lilith's OP.. played as Mordecai some too though.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:38 PM
Player Mod

Irlazy has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

If you don't mind downloading clients try Shaiya, Rappelz, Perfect World, or Cabal. They are all relatively fun. I have played shaiya and cabal the most of them but rappelz seems to have a lot more depth then those two. I liked perfect world but it seemed more confusing to start then the others. Other then that I have been playing borderlands like crazy...
Old 04-12-2011, 10:46 PM
Player Mod

Borderlands can be easy or hard depending more on how you play rather than the character. I typically always play as mordecai(I made a roland once for supporting people online). But if you do all the sidequests before the main missions, the story missions are incredibly easy. However, if you skip all the sidequests and stick to the story, borderlands can be quite challenging. I always wished I could stop myself from overleveling because then the game got to easy. It also doesnt help to keep it challenging if you farm for super-powered weapons.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:17 PM

I actually tried Shaiya briefly but couldn't get into it... I don't know. I mostly just don't like being new and not knowing anyone. I've been considering Perfect World but I don't really know anything about the others.
I'm about ready to just renew my Aion account; it was the most enjoyable imo but I wanted to try and find a game I could play with people I know... which sounds somewhat silly because ideally I should be able to just make new friends but I don't know.
I'm somewhat of a sociopath; only had friends in Wyvern because it was such a small community, and I only made friends in WoW because I was a guild leader.

Yeah, that's definitely true, Clubbz. Strictly following the story made it fustratingly difficult (not quite to the point of Nintendo hard though :P), but on the other hand I complained out of boredom if I could kill everything in 1/2 a second.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:57 PM

Thonkhs has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Wink

dragon age, final fantasy, oblivion, fabel.
just for example... some games......

But nothing like wyvern in the end.
That was a really funny great time to spend on that game.. hm i nearly was addicted to that game.. *sinickers*

Last edited by Thonkhs : 04-13-2011 at 02:03 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:34 PM
Player Mod

I sort of agree with you penny. It's no fun playing a game without either people you know, or a regular group of people you can get to know easily. It's one of the reasons I don't play quite a few PS3 games anymore, I got them to play with other people, but they moved on to newer games and now the old ones collect dust. The same goes for MMO's, I have no interest in playing a MMO without people I know. I've tried numerous MMO's by myself, all which had their pro's and cons, but without familiar faces I lost interest.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:55 PM

Oh Fable is fun. Only have Fable 2 though... was a neutral shock and wind "hero" with a little bit of melee.

Take those old games into GameStop. :P (I shouldn't be talking though.. I can't part with ANY of my games EVER) I never had anyone to play console games with until I met my husband. ^_^ But he's getting deployed. So the console dies yet again...
Old 04-13-2011, 04:11 PM

Frosten has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Diablo 2. Join me and crier.

Glacio (Frost Giant Axeman) (level 30)
Then (Human Mage) (level 28)
Shoot (Rakshasa Caveman) (level 26)
Magiz (Halfling Enchanter) (level 26)
Patron (Human Conjurer) (level 25)
Dboss (Halfling Rogue) (level 25)
Old 04-13-2011, 05:00 PM

Vozka has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Since I started using Steam this winter, I never run out of games, I mainly play Team Fortress 2 and oh so many interesting indie games, but I guess for most wyverneers this advice is useless (but I can recommend some of my favourite indie games if anybody wants). I strongly recommend Dwarf Fortress, when you learn the basics (for the love of god, google some up-to-date tutorial first), it's as addicting as wyvern, although without the social factor. Also Minecraft with some mods can be absolutely incredible with a group of friends and it has some some wannabe-MMO features, but it costs money.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:05 PM

Diablo 2 might be a good idea. I don't want to pay for anything else though, lol. I'm kind of upset that my husband and I wasted our money buying Cataclysm... way over priced and highly disappointing imo. Their pathetic attempt to make me feel like I was more a part of the game really just ruined it... the grade-D animation and prolonged, boring cut scenes (and that wretched ship dialogue that you couldn't even skip, ugh) destroyed any room for imagination. Aion did this stuff much better and Blizzard sold out when they chose to poorly attempt to copy them.. I couldn't appreciate any of it. The cut scenes were baaaaadd, and spamming the same 4-second cast over and over will never be fun. They took away all the fun of heal-priesting and left us with an only slightly amusing ability that (with some creativity) we could use to whipe raids.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:58 PM

diablo 2 is great fun, i love it too. but i have the new windows 7 and the patch isnīt working. if i could play diablo i would ...

fabel wasnīt that good i thought it might be. but dragon age. but i agree with clubbz. playing together with some other ppl is much more fun. but its like it is. i send you all some greetings and hope you all have a good time. we will meet a ma sooner or later.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:38 PM

kiez has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

MY WIFE AND I ARE PEEING OURSELVES IN ANTICIPATION OF SKYRIM.

It is not actually an MMO, but it is an RPG. That is all. Thank you.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:38 PM

felorn has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Theres that new game Rift or Dungeons and Dragons Online. But mainly since Wyvern is down I'm playing Crysis 2, Halo Reach, and Left 4 Dead 2. But I can't wait for Diablo 3!
Old 04-15-2011, 02:42 AM

Gate has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I've heard Rift is actually really good but I don't have the computer to support it so yeah... but Dragon Age Origins is awesome! I haven't played the second one yet though :O
Old 04-15-2011, 12:10 PM

Default hm right

aye kiez,
that games are all no mmo`s. but i havenīt found a game, i was as interested in, like wyvern. and games like wow, last chaos and some more. that all are notthe kind of game, i am looking for.

so what....

hm we still wait for that game we all spend lost of years in. hm donīt we?

aye dragon age is awsome. gate.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:26 PM

Frosten has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thonkhs View Post
diablo 2 is great fun, i love it too. but i have the new windows 7 and the patch isnīt working. if i could play diablo i would ...
Try running diablo 2 as an administrator, that's what me and crier have to do to play.

Glacio (Frost Giant Axeman) (level 30)
Then (Human Mage) (level 28)
Shoot (Rakshasa Caveman) (level 26)
Magiz (Halfling Enchanter) (level 26)
Patron (Human Conjurer) (level 25)
Dboss (Halfling Rogue) (level 25)