Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > General
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

General For serious discussions about general Wyvern topics.

Old 12-21-2009, 01:01 PM

Godhand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Wyvern USED to be fun

Wyvern is a game, the most important thing should having fun.

This game was fun in 2002, it was so wild and chaotic, you can do 10x more stuff back then, pk in cities, massive pk battles, summon on world map, cast create trap in towns, you can give stuff to people,alts ect... now its just boring, you can't do anything, Pking is dumbed down so bad, there are restrictions on everything, then all the nerfs, and more spell nerfs, and wizards who silence, boot anyone over the slightest things, no wonder people are leaving, its no longer fun.

I havent explored many of the new maps, cause they are riddled with traps, levers and mazes, who wants to spend hours pushing levers and nagivating mazes? This is not fun, its time consuming.

I want to be able to enter a town and blast npcs, guards chasing after me, pk guild members with spells. Not get "a mysterious force blocks your spell" or trying to teleport in a map and getting "you cannot teleport here". "you cannot summon here".

The economy is pretty much dead too, I can understand not letting people give away stuff to others (people should be allow to do whatever they want with their stuff), but to make them repair their stuff so they can sell it in the auction?? and worst put a min and max on how much they can sell their stuff for??

Seriously, with all the restrictions now this game is no longer fun. I like balance and all, but balanced or not if the game is not fun, nobody is going to want to play. Also the wizards need to be less involved with some of the stuff that goes on in the game. Because if you get involved with every little thing and silence,boot people for minor things thats when it stops becomming a game and becoming preschool. I once said something in "say" and im pretty sure there was not anybody around near my area and got booted. When you have wizards spying on you, it definately makes you enjoy the game less.

In the end people play games for entertainment, if you take out the "entertainment" whats the point of playing a game?

One more thing Wyvern should never be a family game, it should be marketed towards teens and older, because if your making a family game with a steep learning curve like that of Wyvern, those little kids would quit before they even give it a chance (graphical MUD = not for little kids). In trying to make Wyvern a family game your just driving the majority of the population(teens+) away in trying to get little kids(which there is none) to play.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:16 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godhand View Post
Wyvern is a game, the most important thing should having fun.

This game was fun in 2002, it was so wild and chaotic, you can do 10x more stuff back then, pk in cities, massive pk battles, summon on world map, cast create trap in towns, you can give stuff to people,alts ect... now its just boring, you can't do anything, Pking is dumbed down so bad, there are restrictions on everything, then all the nerfs, and more spell nerfs, and wizards who silence, boot anyone over the slightest things, no wonder people are leaving, its no longer fun.

I havent explored many of the new maps, cause they are riddled with traps, levers and mazes, who wants to spend hours pushing levers and nagivating mazes? This is not fun, its time consuming.

I want to be able to enter a town and blast npcs, guards chasing after me, pk guild members with spells. Not get "a mysterious force blocks your spell" or trying to teleport in a map and getting "you cannot teleport here". "you cannot summon here".

The economy is pretty much dead too, I can understand not letting people give away stuff to others (people should be allow to do whatever they want with their stuff), but to make them repair their stuff so they can sell it in the auction?? and worst put a min and max on how much they can sell their stuff for??

Seriously, with all the restrictions now this game is no longer fun. I like balance and all, but balanced or not if the game is not fun, nobody is going to want to play. Also the wizards need to be less involved with some of the stuff that goes on in the game. Because if you get involved with every little thing and silence,boot people for minor things thats when it stops becomming a game and becoming preschool. I once said something in "say" and im pretty sure there was not anybody around near my area and got booted. When you have wizards spying on you, it definately makes you enjoy the game less.

In the end people play games for entertainment, if you take out the "entertainment" whats the point of playing a game?

One more thing Wyvern should never be a family game, it should be marketed towards teens and older, because if your making a family game with a steep learning curve like that of Wyvern, those little kids would quit before they even give it a chance (graphical MUD = not for little kids). In trying to make Wyvern a family game your just driving the majority of the population(teens+) away in trying to get little kids(which there is none) to play.
You know, you post the same thing in one variant or another about every few months. And that's all you post. It's getting old. Arilou has told you before to stop being a troll. So now Im telling you to stop being a troll.