Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > General
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General For serious discussions about general Wyvern topics.

Old 11-28-2009, 09:47 AM

Flubbi has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default About balancing and being Flubbi nowadays

Hello guys... first of all my english skill is still not the best so ... big sorry if you don't understand what I try to tell you.
I read the news on cabochon.com ... and I thought pretty good lets try it.
I started the game and tried some really harmless things and now I am sure:
I understand the meaning of the balances... I understand the healing fixes and the spell fixes.
But:
You know guys being a pixie is not that easy but now it is almost unplayable.
I have 72 hitpoints... the good monsters like monos, ghasts, shoggoths ...kill me if they get to close. Spiders kill me if I have a lag...
Minor healing is not possible... ok then I try heal.. but wait ... I cast and there stands: You begin to cast heal on yourself. and I wait and wait and d'oh ... I am in a church.. You died you where killed by small air elemental
Ok than potions but wait i have to heal so often because every hit is close to death (72hps) ok than many potions... oh *** now I am overloaded...
ok than I have to play very carfully... the monsters should not reach me... so I get no damage...
Once upon a time I casted one fireball in every direction and survived...
now...
I have one fireball ... the monster in the south dead... the other three oh **** run little Flubbi.
Ok then firespray but wait if i move it doesn't work that way. ok than fireball around me... You died... you were killed by Flubbi.
Well sry guys but you made the pixie almost unplayable as mage.
ponly chance to survive was to be fast in casting and healing now... both isn't longer possible.

I understand your balancing and I know that some chars and some races where overpowered but ... well i go in my room take my box of tissues and cry a little...

Love the ex number 2 pixie Flubbi
Old 11-28-2009, 01:16 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flubbi View Post
Hello guys... first of all my english skill is still not the best so ... big sorry if you don't understand what I try to tell you.
I understand the meaning of the balances... I understand the healing fixes and the spell fixes.
But:
I have 72 hitpoints... the good monsters like monos, ghasts, shoggoths ...kill me if they get to close. Spiders kill me if I have a lag...
Minor healing is not possible... ok then I try heal.. but wait ... I cast and there stands: You begin to cast heal on yourself. and I wait and wait and d'oh ... I am in a church.. You died you where killed by small air elemental
Ok than potions but wait i have to heal so often because every hit is close to death (72hps) ok than many potions... oh *** now I am overloaded...
ok than I have to play very carfully... the monsters should not reach me... so I get no damage...
now...
I have one fireball ... the monster in the south dead... the other three oh **** run little Flubbi.
Ok then firespray but wait if i move it doesn't work that way. ok than fireball around me... You died... you were killed by Flubbi.
ponly chance to survive was to be fast in casting and healing now... both isn't longer possible.

I understand your balancing and I know that some chars and some races where overpowered but ... well i go in my room take my box of tissues and cry a little...

1: Mages are always going to die if they get hit by monsters. They arent supposed to get hit , stand further away and cast etc.
2:Mages were made much stronger actually.
3: Used to be that all spells damaged mages, now it is only ball spells. Use other spells, use ball spells only for the distance needed in point 1.
You got used to only using 1 spell. And that spell damages you. So you will have to expand your mage horizons.
As I said, mages were made stronger, but they cant stand in their own spell. Thats all.
4: healing is quite nice now you just have to put some skills into it to make it happen faster.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:21 AM

dmc has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

lol... so sad... yet so funny...
Old 12-27-2009, 05:45 PM

Trayr is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones

I agree. I laughed a little.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:03 PM

Zurgez has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Yeah, be a jerk all you want about her post but it doesn't change the fact that I haven't seen a single pixie online in the last 4 days I've checked.

I know because I was specifically looking for one after reading Flubbi's tale.

So maybe...hmm...
Old 01-05-2010, 11:54 AM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurgez View Post
Yeah, be a jerk all you want about her post but it doesn't change the fact that I haven't seen a single pixie online in the last 4 days I've checked.

So maybe...hmm...
There were 3 pixies online yesterday all about the same time, a new one, a hof and a mid range player. So apparently you need to look closer.
Mages are much stronger and have adjusted nicely and are even holding their own in PK.
But pixies have always been one of the more difficult races to play.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:03 PM
Wizard

Valkon has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

*gets up a flyswatter*

Too bad they don't make more than a mouthful.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:16 PM
Player Mod

Halloween has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurgez View Post

So maybe...hmm...
You must've missed me, then.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:17 PM

Ariful has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flubbi View Post
But:
now...

As a pixie "Mage" i die often but that is due to my inexperience, but usually i have gotten really much better and am able to down monsters faster and wiser, might be able to complete Ruins of Samhoc soon .

I recommend you to get rings of greater regeneration and spend a few points in healing if needed. Oh and Ghasts are fast, just try to be faster or get slow monster.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:43 PM
Player Mod

binsenkind has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

flubbi !!! *cheers*
Old 02-16-2010, 09:05 PM

blazerv has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Cutest post ever ! Funny too haha
Old 03-17-2010, 12:59 PM
Player Mod

Rarkvar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Well, it's a spell called mana shield.
Then skills such as life, healing, and meditation.
There is also types of armor to help you.

My human mage used to be centered around brute power because nothing hurt me and I didn't have to worry about anything. It took me about 300k gold and 5million exp to retrain to a skill set that works for me.

I used to get mad when Tesh called me a lazy player, now I know, and now I think you're a lazy player

It's evolution, those that learn to adapt live, those who fail to adapt die off and are exterminated. You are the weakest link, retrain.

But seriously, abobut 100k gold and you should be fine. Or get potions of mana shield until you can scrape together some money.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:15 AM

Fredd has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

First, ((Flubbi))
I know what you are talking about, my alt suffered about the same thing. 3 untimely deaths, not used to the new fixes. i think now all us old timers just need to start new players, and learn to cope with the with the new perks, and narsty restrictions. Sometimes I think all of us forgot game is still in beta.
well me started a new character fer fun, ands its okeys. Different playstyle, but it tis more challenging. Just keep faith in the Wizzies, they still tryin to tinker with the new changes. And by the way, *Cheers to Binsenkind, glad yee finally escaped frem Varak hoosegow*