Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Wyvern Help
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wyvern Help Ask, answer, and provide information regarding the game or forum.

Old 09-06-2009, 05:18 PM

Rubinstein has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Some beginner questions

Hi folks,

I would appreciate if someone can answer a few questions of mine. I am very new and try to find my way thru Wyvern.

1) I'm a sword fighter. I keep my skills for sword/strenght/healing always at the level balance. At the moment I am level 5. Should I continue like this (at least with sword/strenght) and leave healing at 5 for the time being, and focus on other skills?

2) I have put some 3 points on dodging but I will not put more on it. Is this okay?

3) Would you put a lot of skill points on find weaknes or just like doging around 3 skill points?

4) I have put also 2 points on mearchant skill. Is this enought to make a kind of living?

5) My problem at the moment is money. When I go hunting I make max. 300-400 gold coins and spend to long time running thru tunnels/dungeons without gaining a cent (gettings aples and bananas). Can you maybe give me some hints where a level-5-sword-fighter with my skills could go for a fight and make besides of that I finanically nice (or at least worthy) living?

6) does it make any difference if I use a normal sword, broadsword or even elven sword? How do I check the difference? by checking how much a item is worth? I wanna see how much damage I can make.

7) if I wanna untrain some skills, where can i do this? and how much does this cost?

Ufff, that was a bunch of questions but I would very happy if someone could spend a minute or two to answer them. It isn't easy out there

Thanks folks and have a nice weekend
Rubinstein
Old 09-06-2009, 10:06 PM
Player Mod

Clubbz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Okay, I'll try to answer this in an orderly fashion

To->1)While this is a fairly good plan to go with in the beginning, what you train overall is dependent on your race. Now I dont know if you're a human or not, but I'll assume you are. ALWAYS keep swords at your level. As for healing, if your going to skill heal(with or without the addition of potions) at least 15 healing skill is reccommended. If possible try to get the healing skill up to 20. Now, seeing as you say you are a sword user, its assumed you will join the paladin's guild at some point. Because this should be your guild of choice, you really only need 8 strength, if you use a girdle of strength and potions of strength, seeing as you gain an additional 5 strength from the guild. Get 10 strength if you choose to use a girdle of constitution instead of a girdle of strength.

To->2)Training any points is not entirely reccommended, as you can get all the dodge you need from armour and other equipment. However, theres no need to worry, it should help you out a bit until you can retrain. But it is reccommended that you do untrain it and get agility gear as soon as possible.

To->3)Find weakness can be a very useful skill as it does increase your overall damage output. Most people choose to train it 20.

To->4)Again, this is assuming you are a human, but usually the regular for merchant(in those who choose to train it) is 5. It is a very usefull skill for people who need a little help making money, as it not only fetches you a better price for items, but it also raises the max price you can sell to shops at and gives you a small discount when buying from shops.

To->5)Assuming you are training in regular ****ie monster infested places, the only advice i have for you is collect everything you can and sell it all. Anything that wont sell(with the exception of spellbooks and wands) is usually cursed and should just be dropped and not identified. Also, try exploring, sure you may die a few times, but its better to die when the xp loss is much lower. If you find an area which seems to excel in yielding gold valued items, try going to it every once and a while(maps reset usually in around half an hour). Also delivery packages for the mail system is a good way to make a little bit of money, but the bigger advantage to it is it gets you to explore.

To->6)Honestly, the best way to check the power of a sword is to try using it and compare the damage(or how fast you kill monsters) to another sword. The value doesnt always have anything to do with the power of a sword, if the sword has enchantments like durability it will affect the price. For now I'd just reccoment using elven broadswords until you can get mithril swords.

To->7) Yes there is an untrainer, it costs 5k gold for each skill point you untrain. He is located in the western parts of the world map, honestly not that hard to find if you get a balloon.

Disclaimer-I am not the best player, or even a great player. I'm hardly an average player at best, so take any advice here at your own risk. This is just things I've learned from playing the game myself.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:27 PM

Fleizer has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

hey, I think I remember talking to you in-game, but you were on a different alt I believe.

1) Yeah keeping swords and strength to your level is a good plan. Swords always at your level. I would stop training strength at 13 (15 if girdle of constitution), because if you're new, you're most likely not going to guild for a long while, try to get gauntlets of strength too for that extra 2 strength boost. Get healing to level 15 to get a feel of how much you like it, then you may choose to raise it to 20. Personally, I stop at 15 because the cost after 15 is not worth it (64k, 68k...etc). Train find-weakness as you max out your other skills, because find-weakness only gives you a small damage boost (whereas strength increases carrying capacility and swords gives you a larger damage boost). Note that I'm not sure on how find-weakness works.

2) Try to untrain those 3 dodge asap, because 3 merchant/healing/swords/strength will give you far more benefits than 3 dodge will.

3) In my opinion, Find-Weakness is really a 20-or-none skill. I think I read somewhere that says it raises critial hit rate, but at lower levels your base damage is too low to take advantage of it (don't quote me on that). if you're a human, I would recommend training it after you're done with everything else

4) I usually try to get merchant to level 5 then stop with it, that gives you a max selling price of 1700 gold on your stuff, so I'm guessing it gives you a 1.7x increase in gold from loot, again, don't quote me on that.

5) I'm guessing you're around level 5-10, try the ruins in Khaytsi or Blackrose, and that pyramid north of Rakshasa Harmya is great for loot .

6) I would get an orcish or elven sword, just because they look stronger. When you get to level 10 get a mith sword, and level 20 get a diamond sword, they're definitely stronger than all the other ones at that level.

7) You can find untrainer on the world map, 5k.

Good luck.

Last edited by Fleizer : 09-07-2009 at 05:42 PM. Reason: clear up what I said about healing and find weakness