Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > General
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

General For serious discussions about general Wyvern topics.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:44 AM

Trayr is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones
Question Wyvern Fun

I have been playing wyvern for a while. Lately I have just been sitting in MAH doing minimal training because it is so boring. I am, however, very content sitting in MAH. This made me think, where is the fun at? I am bored fighting and normally just sit in MAH, yet I cant stay away from this wonderful game. So I want to know, what keeps you guys playing Wyvern.

Serious answers only please.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:08 AM

Obscure has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I usually stop playing a character when I lost interest. But, mostly delete characters. It gets boring playing one strategy all the time. That's why I experiment with many things, so I don't stay in Minath Auction House. For example, right now I am making a caveman. Because, I am pretty much done using Obscure for the time being. My suggestion would be, you should experiment with new races and classes for fun.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:28 PM

Trayr is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones

That is an interesting idea. For me, making new characters is a very tedious task(well not making so much as training) but I don't really experiment with too many races and classes. I will try this soon.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:10 PM

Kabroz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

The Hilarity of the playerbase and the wizards
Old 08-12-2009, 02:30 AM

Frosten has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabroz View Post
The Hilarity of the playerbase and the wizards
I agree. For years now fun has mostly come not in playing the actual game but the conversations that occur out of sheer boredom. That is why MAH is a good place for HoFs to sit and just talk and sometimes think of other things to do inside of the game. The latter not so much, of course, but if it wasn't for the players that i have grown accustomed to over the years I would have left for good a LONG time ago.

After playing this game for a fairly long time, I feel that I have experienced much of what Wyvern has to offer. I myself have felt no motivation to do anything for awhile until recently. Working on and finally guilding my rogue over the past week or so truly sparked more interest in playing the game and it made me realize that I still can learn a lot more about this game. Spontaneity and a craving to explore can take you a long way.

So, in conclusion, maybe what I am trying to convey to you, Trayr, is that maybe you need to try something new, something creative, original, and, most importantly, something you feel will be FUN. If that doesn't work, try taking some time off of the game. When you come back, your mind should have plenty of various ideas to try out. Not only that, but who knows how many updates will be coming down in even a couple weeks time. Over the past few years I have been leaving for weeks (or months) at a time and coming back, and every time I am more motivated to explore and try new things ingame. But don't forget, this is, when it is all said and done, a game--even though I believe quite a few of us (including myself) use it more as a chat room

P.S. I hope I didn't contradict myself too badly, and that this can at least indirectly benefit someone.

Glacio (Frost Giant Axeman) (level 30)
Then (Human Mage) (level 28)
Shoot (Rakshasa Caveman) (level 26)
Magiz (Halfling Enchanter) (level 26)
Patron (Human Conjurer) (level 25)
Dboss (Halfling Rogue) (level 25)
Old 08-12-2009, 02:50 AM

Kabroz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosten View Post
maybe you need to try something new, something creative, original, and, most importantly, something you feel will be FUN.
UP Is definitely fun, watching supposed OP players fall at your feet, by some miraculous chance is fun
Old 08-12-2009, 08:12 AM

rilian has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to rilian

As someone who has always been an off and back on again player since 02 I think its mostly the community and the fact that im still not very good at it that keeps me coming back.
If the game ever got too easy I would probably just get bored with it. But fortunately its not easy for me so I can still play.