Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Off Topic
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

Off Topic Discuss anything unrelated to Wyvern here, within reason.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:52 PM

Zeofar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Rumble

Well, nobody said they wanted to try it yet, but I suppose I might attract more people this way.
Rumble is a game of superheroic brawling. You start with 100 energy to allocate to attacks and defense(The summed value of the attacks made against someone is checked against their set defense, and if the attacks are greater, the defender takes damage by losing energy), but before the game starts, you bid on powers which change the rules of the game as simply as letting you make one unblockable attack, and as drastically as allowing you to allocate your energy after everyone else, or allowing your attacks to be resolved with rock-paper-scissors. Here are the in depth rules: http://kevan.org/rumble.cgi (MUST READ)
I think we will stick to superhero for this one(there are ALOT of already super-themed powers) unless people really want to do an RPG-fantasy style.
A couple things -
1. No powers that say "If you win this, you win." There must be some other mechanic that involves "normal" gameplay, or everyone will just do a 99 bid stalemate.
2. I really want to play a game'o Rumble, so I'll be joining in. I won't look at your bids until I finalize my own. Ask anyone: I'm very trustworthy, right?
3. Try to comprehend how the game works, and send everything at the right time. Don't bid when you give me your powers etc. Don't tell me you thought that you automatically get the powers you suggest.
4. Some boneheads just don't get it - You CANNOT bid more than 100 energy total in the bidding round.
5. No, this is not the first game of Rumble I've run or played.

Okay, so, send me your two(2!) suggested powers, selected, made up, or randomly chosen. I'll start it when we have enough players to fill it out nicely. You can post or discuss whatever you want about the game in this thread.
Lets Rumble!
Old 06-25-2009, 10:15 PM

Default The Wizard's Rumble!

Well, I'm going to run a fake game here starring our favorite pals: The Wizards of Wyvern! They won't actually be participating of course, but I'll use their names, darn tootin'(Unless, of course, I get in trouble for this, in which case, I'll simply change a few things...)!
We have for our contestants today... Arilou! Teshuvah! Binyamin! Raeden!
I will bypass the bidding round and just give them the powers I want them to have since it would just be a convoluted way of doing the same thing. And yes, they do still start with 100 energy. They are Wizards, afterall.
Now - To the contestants!
  1. Arilou
    1. Gabrielle (Sidekick) - This being is obviously some sort of mindless creature from another plane. Gabrielle has 25 energy, and starts with all of Teshuvah's powers. If Gabrielle is defeated, so is Teshuvah. Both Teshuvah and Arilou may defend for Gabrielle. Arilou cannot attack Gabrielle. PS - 20
    2. Snide Remarks - Add 5 to an attack (Once per attack) during the resolution phase if you state a "snide joke" targeted at your opponent which you have said before. PS - 15
    3. Blendotron 3000 - Burn X/2, where X is this power's PS: Target another opponent. If they don't spend X next round to avoid this power, they are defeated. PS - 30
  2. Teshuvah
    1. Wand of Creation - Spend 20: A randomly chosen item is created. PS - 25. Items noted below.
      1. Crystal Ball - Spend 20: You may allocate the rest of your energy during the resolution phase. Powers need be allocated for regularly, though. This item dissapears after one use.
      2. Horn of Plenty - Spend 15: At the beginning of the next round, gain 10 health. This item dissapears after one use.
      3. Platinum Shield - Use this item during the allocation phase. Add 20 to your defense this round. This item dissapears after one use.
    2. Wand of Destruction - Burn X, where X is the PS of a chosen power: Remove that power from the game. PS - 25
  3. Binyamin
    1. Create Fiend - Spend 30: Randomly create a monstrous sidekick. Creatures noted below. PS - 35
      1. Mutant - Mutant has 25 energy, and starts with a random power from the Rumble Archive.
      2. Flying Pig - Flying Pig has 15 Energy.
      3. Failure - Failure has 1 energy, but may create more Fiends.
    2. Humiliate - Each round, you may humiliate an opponent. That opponent must attack you next round. PS - 5
  4. Raeden
    1. Electrofingers - Burn X: Roll X/2 six-sided dice and add the total to your attacks. PS - 15
    2. Thunderstorm - Spend 10: Add 30/X to each of your attacks, where X is the number of opponents you are attacking this round. Gain 2 energy for each opponent you attack. PS - 20
It looks like Binyamin may have a strong lead over the other competitors here, but we will see. The Rumble starts soon!

Last edited by Zeofar : 06-27-2009 at 08:14 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:20 AM

Our Wizards at the outset of this brawl!
Old 06-26-2009, 02:30 PM

Round 1 - Allocation

Arilou - 100. Spend 30 on defense. Defend Gabrielle for 20. Attack Binyamin for 50.
Gabrielle: 25. Defend for 5. Spend 20 to use Wand of Creation.
Teshuah - 100. Defend for 50. Defend Gabrielle for 10. Spend 40 to use Wand of Creation twice.

Binyamin - 100. Defend for 45. Attack Gabrielle for 25. Spend 30 to use Create Fiend. Humilliate Arilou.

Raeden - 100. Defend for 60. Attack Arilou for 10, Teshuvah for 5, Gabrielle for 5, and Binyamin for 10. Spend 10 to use Thunderstorm.

It looks like we have a conservative round here, with the Wizards preparing for an eventual all-out explosion of power.
Lets get to resolution!

Raeden - Raeden's attacks have been bumped up by 8 (Moderator ruling - Thunderstorm rounds up), giving them values of 18, 13, 13, and 18, respectively. Having attacked four enemies, and facing no attacks, Thunderstorm gies him 8 energy, for a total of 108.

Arilou - Raeden's 18 attack is easily thwarted by Arilou's 30 defense. Binyamin dumps a milkshake on Arilou - Arilou cannot avoid getting Binyamin back for that! Arilou settles with 100 energy!
Gabrielle - Gabrielle is struck by 38 damage - Just passing her 35 defence, striking her for three damage! Wand of Creation gives her a Horn of Plenty. She is reduced to 22 energy at the end of this round!
Teshuvah - Raeden's attack for 13 bounces off her defence! Wand of Creation gives her a Platinum Shield, and a Crystal ball! Teshuvah ends up with 100 health steady.

Binyamin - Arilou's wrath strikes Binny for 5 damage! Create Fiend nets Binyamin a..... Flying Pig! Binyamin finishes this round with 95 energy.

But wait! Arilou uses snide remarks! "Hey, Binny, did you forget to tell your mom that you got out again?".... But it has no effect of Binyamin!

Looks like Gabrielle, and Teshuvah, may be out soon!
Old 06-27-2009, 08:13 PM

Round 2: Allocation

Arilou - 100. Spend 35 on defense. Defend Gabrielle for 25. Attack Raeden for 35. Attack Teshuvah for 2. Attack Binyamin for 3.
Gabrielle - 22. Defend for 7. Spend 15 to use Horn of Plenty.
Tesuvah - 100. Spend 20 to use Crystal Ball. Spend 20 to use Wand of Creation. Teshuvah will allocate her remaining energy during the Resolution phase.

Binyamin - 95. Defend for 35. Spend 60 to use Create Fiend twice. Humiliate Arilou.
Flying Pig - 15. Attack Gabrielle for 15.
Raeden - 108. Attack Arilou, Gabrielle, Teshuvah, Binyamin, and Flying Pig for 5(25 total). Defend for 73. Spend 10 to use Thunderstorm.

PICTURE TO BE ADDED AT A LATER DATE

Round 2 - Resolution

Raeden - Raeden's attacks are boosted by 6 this round for a total of 11 each. Thunderstorm provides him with 10 energy for attacking 5 players this round. Arilou's 35 attack only tugs at the surface of Raeden's powerful 73 defense. Raeden ends the round with 118 energy.

Arilou - Raeden's attack for 11 is nullified by Arilou's 35 defence. Arilou ends the round with 100 energy. Binyamin tells a story about Arilou's stint in a Turkish prison - At Arilou's baby shower! Arilou is gonna get Binyamin next round for sure!
Gabrielle - Flying Pig and Raeden's combined 27 attack can't get past Gabrielle's 32 defense. Gabrielle ends the round with 22 energy, with the expectation of 32 next round.
Binyamin - Raeden's attack for 11 is beat by Binyamin's 35 defense, with the same fate for Arilou's for 3 damage. Create Fiend gives Binyamin a Mutant with Regeneration, and a Mutant with Aura Shackles(Moderator Ruling - Mutants' powers have a PS of 10). Binyamin finishes up with 95 energy.
Flying Pig - Flying Pig is reduced to 4 energy by Raeden's attack for 11.
But Wait - Arilou uses Snide Remarks! It looks like Arilou understands how his power works now!
"Hey Raeden, you stuff is stupid"
"Hey Teshuvah, why aren't you in the basement eating Doritos®?"
"Hey, Binny, did you forget to tell your mom that you got out again?"
The only one to have an effect is his repeated remark at Binyamin! The strength of Arilou's attack is raised to 8, but it still doesn't hit Binyamin!

Are we forgetting something? Of course - Teshuvah will now allocate her energy:
Teshuvah - (60 leftover). Defend for 13. Attack Raeden for 47.

Final Resolution -

Teshuvah - Teshuvah perfectly defends against Arilou and Raeden's attacks for 13. Wand of Creation provides Teshuvah with a Horn of Plenty. Teshuvah ends up with 100 energy.

Raeden - Arilou and Teshuvah's combined attack for 82 slams against Raeden's 73 defense - And penetrates it! Raeden takes 9 damage, taking him down to 109 energy.
(Mod Correction - Raeden's power, Electrofingers, reads "Burn X: Roll X/2 sided dice and add the total to your attacks." It should read "Burn X: Roll X/2 six-sided dice..." This has been corrected in proper post.)

Last edited by Zeofar : 06-27-2009 at 08:17 PM.