Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Wyvern Help
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wyvern Help Ask, answer, and provide information regarding the game or forum.

Old 06-19-2009, 03:10 PM

Foghawk has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Reclaiming player name?

I created a character for Wyvern several years ago, but shortly lost interest upon realizing that I couldn't run the client on my computer (back then).
Recently, I discovered that I can now actually play - but in the intervening years, not only have I forgotten the password, but the email service I used at the time abruptly stopped providing mail, with no warning and no backups. I know the account that the character is registered to, so I can have the details sent to me, but I cannot access them as the server literally no longer exists. Likewise, I know the character name, but I cannot delete it with just that and the email, because I played at one point on a friends' computer, and I don't know the password.
The remaining option would be to create a new account, but I'm really rather attached to the name I was using. Given that I can supply the character details, is there a way for some kind wizard to manually delete it - and/or fix the email - so that I can play again?
Old 06-19-2009, 03:44 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foghawk View Post
I created a character for Wyvern several years ago, but shortly lost interest upon realizing that I couldn't run the client on my computer (back then).
Recently, I discovered that I can now actually play - but in the intervening years, not only have I forgotten the password, but the email service I used at the time abruptly stopped providing mail, with no warning and no backups. I know the account that the character is registered to, so I can have the details sent to me, but I cannot access them as the server literally no longer exists. Likewise, I know the character name, but I cannot delete it with just that and the email, because I played at one point on a friends' computer, and I don't know the password.
The remaining option would be to create a new account, but I'm really rather attached to the name I was using. Given that I can supply the character details, is there a way for some kind wizard to manually delete it - and/or fix the email - so that I can play again?

No Im sorry that isn't possible. without the email and/or the password the character is in limbo until you remember the password.