Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 06-06-2009, 03:03 AM

anatil has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Quests idea

I've been thinking, so far most of the quests in wyvern are completely made up. As great as originality is, why not make quests that have some history or real myth and legend behind them?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been wanting to take on the task of seeking the holy grail.

While talking about quests, how about a new way of starting quests? I've got a few ideas:

For paladins, they are supposed to get their quests from the king or church, aren't they? Why not make a map, or extension to the guild with a castle or really fancy church where the paladins can go and get their quests.

Guild only LQ's and/or quests. Have the King or Bishop give the guilds quests? Make a pre-existing map into a quest area and send a random guild out to solve it. Keep the map a quest area as long as its interesting, for a day, or just until the boot ends. Make use of that lazy bum of a guildmaster! Have him announce the current guild only quests and activities (activities are a distant future suggestion...but fun to dream of, eh?)

Conquests. Join Alexander the Great's army! Hide out in the trojan horse! Wyvern has soldiers, knights, demons and monsters of unmentionable proportions...but no wars. The occasional LQ where a demon spawn crawls out of the deepest depths of hell is fun, but still. Doesn't quite satisfy the kind of mayhem a gigantic war map would have. Though I realize that a "gigantic war map" would kill the server, how about just a few really strong enemy soldiers in a series of small maps, like the archus LQ, where both players and monsters can move from map to map. No spell casters, just soldiers, well trained, armed and armored. Or a stratigic map where the player has to assassinate an enemy target: crawling around bushes, running from shadow to shadow, appearing and disappearing in the middle of the night (ie: rogues). Theres always room for a massive quests that throw logic and reason out the window and reduce everything to good ol' fassion killing sprees.

On an endnote, keep in mind I made this post/thread to entertain new general "quest" ideas, debates, and discussions. Some of these may or may not have been suggested already. This is just my brainstorm.

Old 06-06-2009, 11:20 PM

toxic has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Hahaha. Sweet idea. This might acutally be useful if the wizards think of uploading it. I really like this idea. Good job on thinking of this/or posting it.

-Toxic