Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:17 PM

igorith has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Healing idea

I just now read about the healing limits, and was a bit dismayed because I try to base my charecter largely on a balance of healing and armor. And since we cant cast healing spells in combat anymore, I was thinking that maybe the cost of healing potions/wands/ect. could go down a little. Not a major drop in cost but maybe 10 or 15 gp lower.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:51 AM

anatil has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Get merchant

Old 06-01-2009, 09:00 AM

iPop has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

How would that small price different help?
Old 06-01-2009, 09:16 AM
Player Mod

Clubbz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I disagree, being that I buy healing potions in bulk(100+ at a time), the current price is fine. If anything Healing and mana potions are priced a little too low. The fact that you're able to heal without any lore or meditation(or mana pots) is what makes them priced as they are. It is easily possible to train with just skill healing, potions are just an added bonus.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:48 AM

Hamel has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clubbz View Post
It is easily possible to train with just skill healing, potions are just an added bonus.
For giants, yes. For other races, at least some potions are practically a requirement if they plan on skill healing.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:11 PM

Crier has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Crier

I hardly use pots of healing on my dwarf when I train him....
"Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security would deserve neither and lose both." -Benjamin Franklin
Old 06-01-2009, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crier View Post
I hardly use pots of healing on my dwarf when I train him....
Training and exploring/questing are different things. Training isn't the time when you're normally going to use potions. I rarely used potions on my dwarf while training. But I used them all the time while questing.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:11 PM
Player Mod

Clubbz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamel View Post
For giants, yes. For other races, at least some potions are practically a requirement if they plan on skill healing.

I was not referring to giants, all races are easily made without potions, potions just ease the process. Races with more hp than sp can use mana shield with a mild amound of healing(my pixie for example uses 5 healing+regeneration when i feel like that 1 extra hp for a little while), while races with mediocre hp and sp can use a combination of mana shield and skill healing, or full skill healing, I have made a workable dwarf that just used skill healing and let his sp go to waste(i stopped using him when someone sent me to a google of his name...it was a rather terrible name after i saw that), but anyways, potions are just for easing the process and it is not overly difficult without them provided you're not bulldozing into an area much above your level ability, or unless you've severly murdered your skillset.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:09 AM

Ach, forgot about mana shield. >.<

The price on heal potions is fine, though. Especially now that they no longer heal fully and have a warm-up timer. I'm not sure if they'll provide much use, for me anyway, as I only used them in tight situations.