Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Wyvern Development
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wyvern Development Here you can discuss anything and everything involving creating your own content for Wyvern. Have a problem with an arch file or a map? Want to show off something you've been working on? If so this is the place for you.

Old 04-20-2009, 02:04 PM
Weezerd

Contrare has disabled reputation
Default Map Editor on a Macintosh

I have no idea if this works with the current version of Mac O/S's nor current versions of Java. If you can get the client to work on your mac, then the map editor should work as well. Basically you need to unpack it into the /wyvern/mapedit directory, just as it does in windows. Instead of running via the way windows does, you can execute the command (all one line):
Code:
java -cp mapedit.jar,jython.jar,skinlf.jar,xmlrpc.jar,.,wyvern -Dwyvern.home="/wyvern/mapedit/wyvern" wyvern.tools.editor.MapEdit
I have heard of problems running the current client on the newer mac laptops and I have had problems with the client on windows with java 1.6. So bare in mind that it may not work, even using the above command to start the map editor. I know this command has worked for at least 1 mac user.

Contrare
Old 04-20-2009, 08:46 PM

Havak has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

When I run that command in terminal, I get:

'Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: wyvern/tools/editor/MapEdit'

Does anyone have any guidance/knowledge about this? I feel that I am just missing a file or two or I dont have some stuff arranged in the right places.

thanks guys.

P.S. In my /wyvern/mapedit/ directory I have the 'mapedit.jar' file and all the other files and folders. In case that matters.

Last edited by Havak : 04-20-2009 at 08:51 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:26 PM
Weezerd

Also be sure you execute the command while in /wyvern/mapedit/wyvern. Otherwise it won't find the jar files listed.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrare View Post
Also be sure you execute the command while in /wyvern/mapedit/wyvern. Otherwise it won't find the jar files listed.
How do I run the command while in /wyvern/mapedit/wyvern? you mean just keep the directory window open in the background while I'm entering the command in terminal?
Old 04-21-2009, 04:26 AM

Bitsey has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I believe he means while in that directory - you haven't added it to your path, so it won't find it.

cd <location of the jar file>
then type the command...
Old 04-21-2009, 09:43 AM
Weezerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsey View Post
I believe he means while in that directory - you haven't added it to your path, so it won't find it.

cd <location of the jar file>
then type the command...
Correct. In this case since you need to put the files in the "default" location, you would type "cd /wyvern/mapedit/wyvern" before typing the java command.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:39 PM

ok thanks. I executed the command while in the directory and I still get the same error message.

Edit:

hey guys, I've got the Linix OS running on my mac by using 'virtualbox'. I've downloaded the map editor installer (linux version) on the linux guest os but when I click on it, it says 'there is no application installed for this file type'.

does anyone know of a program that opens up .bin installers?

Last edited by Havak : 04-24-2009 at 10:18 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:12 PM
Weezerd

You have to get the files by installing it on a windows machine and copying over the files to your mac. I am not aware of anyway to unpack the bin files directly on a mac.

Contrare
Old 04-24-2009, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrare View Post
You have to get the files by installing it on a windows machine and copying over the files to your mac. I am not aware of anyway to unpack the bin files directly on a mac.

Contrare
ok thank you. I will do that

Edit:

If any other mac user wants to follow my way of the "solution" for getting map editor to work, here are some links to get started with and remember, google is your friend

http://www.virtualbox.org/

http://lifehacker.com/5204434/the-be...ith-virtualbox

http://lifehacker.com/398328/how-to-...r-mac-for-free

Thanks goes to Revole for providing me with these links.

Last edited by Havak : 04-27-2009 at 03:49 AM.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:44 PM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand

Ok, I will now walk everyone through how to get the Map Editor to work on your mac.

Step 1: Back up your entire computer, this is not mandatory, but don't blame me if you make a mistake and lose everything.

Step 2: Go to "Go" then "Utilities" and find "Boot Camp Assistant." Open that up, and when prompted, divide your OS equally.

Step 3: When prompted, insert your "Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2." Yes this disc is required. If you do not have this, it can cost up to $200, but if anyone in your family uses a PC, you can use their disc (Also be sure to collect the product key).

Step 4: When you CD begins to install, it will prompt you to restart your Computer, do this. Your computer will start up from the windows installation disc. Follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 5: When the blue screen appears, select "Partition3 <BOOTCAMP> <FAT32> 27824 MB <27823 MB FREE> (WARNING-Do not delete any of the other partitions, doing so may delete all information from your Mac).

Step 5: When the next blue screen appears, select "Format the partition using the NTPS files system <quick>" I won't go into why, trust me that this is the best option for now.

Step 6: When windows starts, remove your SP2 disc and insert your mac installation disc 1. This will download all the utilities for windows like airport to get you online.

Step 7: When prompted, click on register, follow the proper steps, then enter your product key so that you can use your windows.

To change from windows to mac, just hold the "option" key upon start up and it will let you select which OS you want to start up with.

Step 8: Download the game, Download the Map Editor, and have fun.

For all these instructions and more, be sure to print the instructions when prompted after starting BOOTCAMP.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:58 PM

Trayr is trapped in an Inn behind a dozen clones

This sounds like you are installing Windows on your mac and then using the editor on Windows inside of a mac >.> . If you are going to do this you might as well *shudders* use Windows.
Old 06-21-2009, 01:45 AM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand

That is what you are doing. You are operating your bootcamp to use windows on your mac.

Not everyone wants to switch computers, so bleh.