Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 04-10-2009, 03:25 PM

Mentalcase has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Backpack Bug Collecting

This randomly popped into my head while I was fishing in Maiye . How about some bug collecting!

Travel about the land of Wyvern hunting for bugs, trying to find something like an Ultra Rare Golden Dung Beetle!

Anyway, there could be different level of nets needed to catch certain bugs, sorta like the fishing rods, or just different net sizes, certain net sizes won't work with certain bugs. You could have a bug box you can put your little buggy friends in (possibly with its own autobag command built in sorta like the coin purse). When it comes to catching butterflies you could make the Main Bug Catching Headquarters have a place where you can mount them (for a small price) to a plaque to show off your handy work at catching these crafty critters. For displaying other bugs you could probably have something like larger single bug boxes.

The Main Bug Catching Headquarters. Here's where my idea gets a bit more complex and could probably be left out, but what the hey worth adding this suggestion. It could have a mini guild type thing, sorta like PK or Teachers. For a smallish fee (something like 10k) you could free bug mounting and get some joke titles next to your name, which change the amount of bugs you catch, stuff like "Fly Swatter", "Net Flailer", "Uncle Ant", "Monarchy Moth", "Jester Bee", "Newspaper Wielder". If you catch all the different bugs you get a special title like "Entomologist Supreme" or something. ^^; Or it could have a larger fee (maybe even a full price of a normal guild) and it'd give you +1 Zoology for every guild level (and still be able to be in other guilds as well.).

I still get the feeling bug catching has already been thought upon but still just decided to throw it out there (and if its already in the game I am really going to feel like a dolt XD). I just wanted to keep it cheap enough for anyone to join in, sorta like fishing, keeping joining the guild optional or not there at all. Or just simplify everything altogether, like no mounting, no special nets etc., basically fishing but with bugs.

Let me know what you think ^^ *bows*
Old 04-10-2009, 09:36 PM

Morphan has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Meh, not bad idea. But, it should be a mini-guild if it is made as guild-guilds have SOME bonus which helps you fight (melee skills, meditation, ranged, etc.). Zoology is one of the extra skills that is not needed to fight well (only efficiently).