Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 03-26-2009, 02:14 PM

Latvis has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to Latvis
Default Latvis Thoughts

General Thoughts and Notes on stuff. Made it so I could post stuff without having to look for or make new topics.

Low Level gear

Adventurer's backpack-given free(quest) can hold about 5 bags of weight and cuts it down by about 20%. Make it fail working at level 10(no longer able to put stuff into it).Reason because at 10 you can join guild or alternate, it fails to work once you join a guild.

New skill and possible uses

Construction-Use this skill to make things such as bridges,barricades, and other wooden structures. Higher skill allows better and faster constructions.
Alchemy-Let's player mix together ingredients for use. Can sell what you make. Could combined with magic to make stuff such as throwing potions.
Tinkering-Allows player to make devices that can move or do things to the player effect. Would allow new guards(summons), traps, and anything a player could make.
Chant or prayer- Allows a sort of spell that doesn't use MANA. It uses shout points and gives a good reason to train in ocularly. More for the silent players, also should have a cast to turn or damage undead.

New makes and material

Mageweave-A super light cloth made through magic means.
Sharkskin-Rough leather-like armor with a light melee recoil.
Demon Hide- A harder-then-leather material cut right from the demon.
Void-Armors that prevent damage and weapons that ignores armor.

War party

A house where players may join to fight players of another house. Sort of like pk (possible requirement). They gain party points by killing members of warring parties. It could also be made into a sort of Pk killfest game( Like Tag :| but you die ) where players split into teams then teleport into the killing zone to earn points. Not unlike the summerfest battle but with teams and hopefully no crashing/mage lagg. Also the possibility that it can be started without a wizard there. The points can then be turned in for special party-only items. Each house is to have it's own special "item".

Evil guilds ???

Anti-Paladin guild-All that is against paladin, they must remain evil.(mostly I say this because it has been floating around for some time, though it pops-up less and less.)

Cultists- Death magic, prayer, and spirit travel. To stay in the guild you have to be evil, like a anti-paladin. They could get a cultist only summon spell(summon cult demon) and guild weapons such as sacrificial dagger(This dagger is tainted by the blood of innocent and helpless).

New Guild.

Guardsmen guild-The first guild to use polearms. Good health bonus,strength,healing, polearm, and dodging. Not friendly to magic and has heavy, bungling guild armor.

*Feel free to post your own thoughts I don't own the forum.

Last edited by Latvis : 03-26-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:19 AM

Morphan has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Looks a lot like RuneScape (Construction, Prayer, etc.) XD.

But, these are nice ideas.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:48 AM

I forgot all about RS. I was getting "Alchemy" and "Chant or prayer" more from crossfire.
Construction I was thinking more from advanced D&D Engineer. I didn't even remember to add the thought of making auto-fire towers that break after they run out of ammo.

Drop traps or runes- You carry it in the inventory and when you apply (trap) it is set on the tile. (Poison needle, fire rune, and etc.....)
Old 03-30-2009, 10:08 PM

Runes... -.-

Oh, but the Polearm guild wouldn't work. There's barely any polearm weapons, so it would be quite useless.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:35 AM

Clipce has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

doubt there would ever be a guild where you have to uphold an evil alignment...would be impossible to RD
Old 03-31-2009, 07:52 AM

Yea I guess that would be a guild killer. Runes as in a sense of D&D, crossfire, or MTG. As for the polearm guild it would likely have some guild weapons.

Weapon suggestions (polearm)
Fauchard
Vogue
Corseque
Bill or Billhook
War Scythe
Old 03-31-2009, 08:29 AM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvis View Post
Drop traps or runes- You carry it in the inventory and when you apply (trap) it is set on the tile. (Poison needle, fire rune, and etc.....)
There's a create trap spell.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:34 AM

themadhobo has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I think dropping bear traps would be really cool! That could be something special for the archers guild. Then you get to snag baddies and kill them the same way as you get thrashed when you get caught in a bear trap.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:27 AM

Isn't the traps spell random and pk only. I'm talking setting or making traps that you pick. Could be something only members of the Rogue Guild can buy. The runes I thought of as a "slip of paper" that would be like a Magic Mine.

New traps
Poison Needle-player that step on it suffer from poison and to a lesser extent pierce damage.
Caltrops-A sort of feet spikes. Look up for better description.
Snare-Catches players and does crush damage.(Drowning as wind is cut off?)
Old 03-31-2009, 11:40 AM
Forum Admin

Yes, it is a pk only spell, but it wasn't always. That was a change made after the game suffered problems from players being able to cast it anywhere. The same issue would be there with your idea, so it would have to face the same restriction. Meanwhile, the random aspect of the spell is for balance purposes. The spell could potentially allow you to specify a trap, but players would end up gravitating toward one that they find the most powerful or just fill an area with overly annoying traps (imagine a pk arena filled entirely with traps that stop you in place).
Old 03-31-2009, 02:59 PM

Logwad has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Logwad Send a message via MSN to Logwad

Quote:
...imagine a pk arena filled entirely with traps that stop you in place...
Archers might even be overpowered if that happened!
Old 04-02-2009, 01:17 AM

Same for mages! Anyways, Polearms = Epic Fail.

The "Polearm Guild" is probably not going to happen. There's currently only 2 or so polearm weapons, and the Guild Weapons will be expensive (guild weapons...)...

And runes won't happen either. Tibia or Runescape will have some issues with runes that make traps or spells or something (oh, and you said D&D too)...
Old 04-02-2009, 01:47 AM
Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphan View Post
And runes won't happen either. Tibia or Runescape will have some issues with runes that make traps or spells or something (oh, and you said D&D too)...
We've had graphics for rune traps forever. Although, at the moment, only one of them is in the game. You might have heard of it...It's a little thing known as an anti-magic trap. The others are sitting around, waiting for a trap to be made that can use them. Anyway, runic script having mystical properties is not something any game came up with.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:04 PM

Ariful has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I saw we rework the archers and rogues , and maybe add a tank class that is made to absorb damage and control monsters to attack the tank.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:43 PM

Hamel has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariful View Post
I saw we rework the archers and rogues , and maybe add a tank class that is made to absorb damage and control monsters to attack the tank.
We already have two guilds that make good tanks, Cavemen and Paladins.

And what do you mean rework the archers and rogues? Their guilds look well built to me.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arilou View Post
We've had graphics for rune traps forever. Although, at the moment, only one of them is in the game. You might have heard of it...It's a little thing known as an anti-magic trap. The others are sitting around, waiting for a trap to be made that can use them. Anyway, runic script having mystical properties is not something any game came up with.
Anti-magic trap!?? WHERE? Oh... Darnit... -.-

Oh, and agreed Hamel.