Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Wyvern Help
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

Wyvern Help Ask, answer, and provide information regarding the game or forum.

Old 02-17-2009, 04:48 AM

goonyton has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default auction houses

I have been wondering why everyone decided to use the MAH auction house? I go there because everyone else does, but why did everyone decide to use that one?

Back when the high level players could use the one in NV I could understand that choice. The MAH does not make so much sense to me, sure MITH does have fairly good access to the world map and does have a decent transport building.

Some of the other auction houses have those as well so why didn't people decide to go to the other auction houses?
Old 02-17-2009, 08:00 AM

bullsaxe has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Talking

I think it was like 2-3 years ago when i used to play, but i think tesh or some other wizard closed NV auction house or something and the players where forced to use the other one, if Nv auction got reintroduced i take it people are just too lazy?
Old 02-17-2009, 09:09 AM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonyton View Post
I have been wondering why everyone decided to use the MAH auction house? I go there because everyone else does, but why did everyone decide to use that one?

Back when the high level players could use the one in NV I could understand that choice. The MAH does not make so much sense to me, sure MITH does have fairly good access to the world map and does have a decent transport building.

Some of the other auction houses have those as well so why didn't people decide to go to the other auction houses?
Minath has always been the center of activity for players. The ease of the Inn next to the DoT, shops , and elves
So I'm assuming thats why.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:30 PM

Bitsey has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

there are elves Minath? Real elves, not those nasty dark guys? Where?

my peeps!

-bitsey
Old 02-17-2009, 08:01 PM

bloogah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

For a long time the NVA was where all the action was at, but when the Wizzies closed it off for the higher levels they had to relocate. MAH seemed like the reasonable choice for all the reasons Tesh stated.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:32 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloogah View Post
For a long time the NVA was where all the action was at, but when the Wizzies closed it off for the higher levels they had to relocate. MAH seemed like the reasonable choice for all the reasons Tesh stated.
Technically, for a brief time all there was, was the Almien auction house, then for a long time it was just the New Verden Auction house and the Almien auction house, then those two and the Coran one were all that existed until that went away...Anyway, the move to Minath wasn't just a reasonable choice, it was a push - The goal was to get you to go to Minath as before auction houses, Minath used to be a hot spot for high level players and the introduction of the auction house crowded you all together. The only other option for you guys at the time was Almien, which is too out of the way, so of course you'd guys go to Minath and now that you're all used to it, getting players to pick another main auction house would involve wizardly intervention again. But, of course, with all the other things in Minath, it's a good spot for it and I think players are generally happy with.