Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Wyvern Help
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

Wyvern Help Ask, answer, and provide information regarding the game or forum.

Old 11-04-2008, 02:57 PM

palimach has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default New to Wyvern and kind of lost

Hello and good day,

I like to introduce myself to all of you as a new player to Wyvern. I have followed the conversation in the forum and I have read myself true the Player Manual and hints on the website. I am almost ready to create my char and start playing, but first I have a few questions to the experienced players out there. Pls help me with some answer to ease the pain of a new player.

I like to create a new char as a sword fighter. I am not interested in a lot of mage stuff except some healing spells. Can you pls help me in giving me some advice regarding race and which skills to focus as a sword fighter for

a) level 1-10
b) level 10 and up

I ask this because I am a little bit confused about the different skills. Some skills (for instance agility) are not even mentioned in the Player Manual. I don't wanna loose time, money and skill points on skills you would not recommend for a simple sword fighter.

Thank you very much and hope to see you soon in-game.
Best regards
Palimach
Old 11-04-2008, 05:01 PM

themadhobo has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Two really solid choices for sword fighters are fire giants, and humans. Fire giants have lots of health, but gain only three trainable skill points per level, where humans have less health and no starting abilities, but gain 4 skills per level.

I suggest starting with a giant because they die far less often. As for your other questions... well Im not sure, I generally play mages and axemen. You can get advice from people who are online pretty easily so just go ahead and make a guy and ask for help!
Old 11-04-2008, 06:26 PM

Location: Somewhere where internet connection will not support wyvern
Mustard has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Well if you were like me and were too lazy to read the tutorial signs...let me tell you now, GO Through it! I played a naga as my first character and did the stupid thing of not knowing what to train. I didn't have any unarmed skill and only trained strength skill so I peaked at lvl 16, I could do absolutely no damage.

The skills that you want to train for a meleer are:
(weapons)ie swords, axe, blunt, unarmed,whips .etc
Strength<- helps carrying capacity
Find Weakness<-I hear this helps, not as much for giant (2+ tiles) characters, however get max strength first.
(Max strength and find weakness are both 20) Every skill maxes at 50

Those skills will boost damage

Magic
Lore-you need this to learn spells. Spell levels and points in lore are equivalent.
Meditation-helps you recover mana which you need to cast spells.
Arts (still part of magic)All arts reduce the amount of mana taken up by a spell. so a lore 1 spell takes 10 SP or MP (i don't know which one they use) training 1 point in an art will make it 8 SP instead.

Incantation-mostly for healing, (positive spells, thats what i like to think, these spells help you)
Enchantment-Resists, and bonuses (more positive, these spells help you)
Conjuration- (destructive)- exactly what it says, it conjures stuff, from food, water to monsters (such as a ghast once you get enough of an element)
Evocation-(destructive)-shoots out spells like fireball

Elements-These determine how strong a spell is
Fire
Water
Air
Earth
Mind
Spirit
Death
Life- usually associated with durations of spells ie resists 1 point=1 minute

One skill that every character MUST HAVE
at least 1 Merchant-helps you make money soooo much faster, you can untrain it at later levels when money is not an issue, and you need more power.

these next ones are some skills that you will NEVER NEED!(will add more when i think of them)
Dodge-reason? you can get all 50 points from armor
Zoology-i think this is fun to do, i tried it on my archer...though i ended up deleting him.

These skills are only for characters you're done with(retired from training) or have more skill points than you can use
Tanning

Jeweler-not sure if this does anything at all yet.
Blacksmith

That's all I have to say, read the website and the tutorial well, everything else as hobo said you can ask players.

Last edited by Mustard : 11-05-2008 at 06:24 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:58 PM
Razen

Default well

Follow this if you make a fire giant:

Train swords, strength, and healing in the beginning. I knowit is hard but try your best to keep them at your combat level until you reach 9 or 10. After that start training merchant, 5 is good but if you are willing to sacrifce the cash to gain cash later train 10. Fire giants don't have a lot of mana so train healing and shrink so you have less hp that needs healing(when you grow again you will have max) later get some portables holes, vry useful.
As far as find weakness, it didn't help me so I wouldn't train it, butyoucan if you really want to. At about level 6 you should be able to kill elves(or at least I was) they are great for XP and money at lower levels. I am only level 18 now so I don't have anything to tell you about higher levels. If you have any questions for me PM me or find Rint im-game.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:08 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

[quote=palimach;28226]
I ask this because I am a little bit confused about the different skills. Some skills (for instance agility) are not even mentioned in the Player Manual. QUOTE]

Just FYI, agility in is the player manual, it's just called "dodge".

Hope that helps.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:00 PM
Player Mod

Halloween has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard
These skills are only for characters you're done with(retired from training) or have more skill points than you can use
Tanning
Pelting
Jeweler-not sure if this does anything at all yet.
Blacksmith
Pelting cannot be trained. You have to buy a certain piece of equipment to pelt.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:24 PM

Location: Somewhere where internet connection will not support wyvern
Mustard has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I apologize, that has been revised. I haven't played for a year so give me a break. and it's tanner's tools and pelting knife, both found in Bandar Gaah or Jbel...forget which... both in the same area though