Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 09-09-2008, 05:56 PM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand
Default Salkand's crazy rant bought and paid for by the annoy the wizards association.

Ok so I am going to take a little bit of time (Haha) and rant about my opinions on things within wyvern. I by no means guarantee that these ideas are good, and in fact I do not care. Do not complain to me about priority of what needs to be done, don't tell me you hate an idea, or that you like an idea, because I do not care. You may comment as you see fit, but the point of this rant is just to talk about wyvern in general. The focus is not on the idea itself but on the why.

Guilds

I would like to see not only more guilds within wyvern, but more variety within the current guilds. The Mages guild is a good example of this. You might be fighting a fire/water mage, maybe a fire/death mage, maybe an air mage, etc.
One way I think this is possible is to break the guilds into separate guilds. What this means is that, for example, instead of having a Mages guild, we would have several guilds such as:

War Magus' Guild-Which would focus on the greater ability to fight with magic, which would focus on the fire/water elements. It would also focus on the ability to use magic whip. So the members of this guild wouldn't be pure fire/water, but a mixture of fire/water/whip skills (Of course something would have to be done to insure a balance between them).

Enchanters Guild-Which would focus on the ability to enchant items. I would also like to see more spells geared towards enchanters. The ability to make scrolls, enchant gems and wands and such, and the ability to enchant other things. Of course this guild would be non-combatant for the most part.

Defenders Guild-Which would focus on the defense of magic, in particular, because there are no actual defensive magics, it would focus on air and life. Both elements that are supportive and hold many helpful spells.

I think you get the picture, it's not a guild for every element, a single guild might specialize in 1-5 elements that help it's function. (This would also be a good method of making clans in wyvern, as opposed to guilds).

The Paladin/Monk/Rouge etc. guilds would also be separated into functions that fit their guilds, although for obvious reasons they wouldn't be separated as much as mages.

Why is it called the Paladin's guild? They are more knight like than Paladin like? Make them the Knights guild and then actually MAKE a paladins guild?

One thing I would like to see are the negative equivalent of classes such as paladins. I suggested this as an idea once, and will repost link here for more classification on this subject. (http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/showt...=death+knights)

I would also like to see the equivalent of that idea, only for druids. I do not yet know which guild would fit the opposite of a druid.

I would also like to see more negatives in all the guilds. At the current moment, most people on wyvern think that to be strong you have to join a guild. The only people I can think of that disprove this are Kathy, and sometimes a stubborn player who just doesn't want to be associated with a guild. It is my opinion that being an adventurer should also have advantages over being in a guild.

I also believe that as opposed to more benefits, better balanced guild items would be nice. For example, when the Imperial Crown was still active, and easy to obtain, a wizard's cap was pointless for most mages because the Imperial crown was just better. In fact I eventually moved over to the wizard's cap because even though you didn't get see invis and x-ray, I got 1 extra skill point.

Spells

I have recently talked about spells, and would like to post that link here for anyone interested in my thoughts about that. (http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/showt...ghlight=spells)

I would like to pause right now for two things. One to apologize for the craziness of this rant, which must appear to you as nothing but mindless rambling. Another to ask you to take an intermission from reading, out and get something to eat.

Intermission!

Intermission!

Intermission!

Monsters

It is my great opinion that regardless of what level you are, there should be monsters that you can not defeat, at least not alone and without great risk. This means there should be monsters even Betty doesn't like fighting. One such creature I believe needs to be stronger are dragons, and I would like to post another link for that (Ok I couldn't find the link). But the idea is that all of wyverns current dragons be turned into baby dragons, we remove the dracolich and AD. Make new adult dragons which are rare in wyvern, and are the equivalent of a LQ monster. If you defeat them you would have a VERY RARE opportunity of looting their hoard (If you killed them) and finding a rare sword or something. Nothing as strong as a real LQ item but. . .

Ok, well, I can not go on ranting forever. . . and so I have ANOTHER link for you all, that leads to a wonderful PREVIOUS rant of mine. (http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/showt...agon#post24703)
Old 09-09-2008, 06:40 PM
Forum Admin

Binyamin has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

<<Considers whether or not to make it so *ALL* Sulkie posts have to be approved before being seen by the general public>>
Old 09-09-2008, 07:46 PM

Crier has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Crier

I would vote yes on the Biny.
"Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security would deserve neither and lose both." -Benjamin Franklin
Old 09-09-2008, 09:39 PM

Xae has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

salkand

About the mages guild i don't think you realize how flexible it is to allow you to really be what you want. People have defensive builds - pure attack builds - and "enchanter builds" (in that case it isn't the skills that are needed but the spells, so you have something going there)

About the paladin thing? yeah..look in a dictionary because it seems like you don't really know what a paladin is.

I've had characters in basically every guild in this game, I don't know if you've done so too. In case you haven't -- because I honestly don't know 1 of your ALTs..not that you don't have any, but make some -- your ideas will be better that way.

Not saying that your ideas suck, but for someone as ignorant as me calling them out? eehh...says something.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:30 AM

blazerv has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

YES! Please make a monster that would take a group to kill, that would make the game more exciting because you know there are monsters out there stronger than you so it gives you more of an incentive to train harder and it would be really fun to go in a group and kill a really strong monster. ONLY downside to that is, who gets the loot?

I think the who gets the loot question can be fixed by making the monster drop coins, which are only visible to each individual player so that no one can take them all. As for the other ideas that saltland posted, eh, w/e lol.

Last edited by blazerv : 09-10-2008 at 04:34 AM.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:07 AM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerv View Post
YES! Please make a monster that would take a group to kill, that would make the game more exciting because you know there are monsters out there stronger than you so it gives you more of an incentive to train harder and it would be really fun to go in a group and kill a really strong monster.
*cough* Morgos *cough*
Old 09-10-2008, 12:22 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arilou View Post
*cough* Morgos *cough*
Yes. Speaking of Morgos........................*taps foot*
Old 09-10-2008, 02:10 PM

Tanm has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I don't have an opinion on most of this stuff, but I certainly agree, in part, about dragons. I don't necessarily know what the best way to go about it is, but the dragons in Wyvern are pretty weak. There should certainly be much stronger dragons.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:01 PM

blazerv has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Ive never seen Morgos before and I bet morgos only comes out once every 5-6 months or something.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:11 PM
Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanm View Post
I don't have an opinion on most of this stuff, but I certainly agree, in part, about dragons. I don't necessarily know what the best way to go about it is, but the dragons in Wyvern are pretty weak. There should certainly be much stronger dragons.
Yes, this topic comes up a lot. Often by Salkand himself. Which is odd because we've explained to him repeatedly that we'd like to see some changes made with dragons in the future and it's on our mind as the game progresses forward. In fact, the idea he mentioned here is basically something we introduced him to as a possible solution. Which is even odder since the suggestion forum exists to suggest ideas for the wizards and he knows that all too well. Yet now he's using it to suggest our own ideas back to us. The ridiculousness of which is astounding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerv View Post
Ive never seen Morgos before and I bet morgos only comes out once every 5-6 months or something.
Morgos is a group monster that players helped test in the past. He is designed to exist within a group dungeon setting and as such is something you will be seeing in the game somewhere down the road. He will not be a lq monster, but instead will be something you can try to reach with a group of players at any time you so choose. Thus, you should be glad nobody had the time to take your bet as you would've lost.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:45 PM

Xae has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Just wondering, Arilou, would Morgos be watered down a bit? I fought the guy, he's a tough monkey.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:01 PM
Forum Admin

Some further changes will be made to take the spam healing fix into account. But your experience with him depends on which of the four tests you were apart of. Changes were made after each and he was a bit overpowered at first.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:57 AM

Narhalles has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I never tested morgus, but I have seen him.... and the gravestones he left in his wake... lols! I can't wait till he's in a dungeon to try to tackle him.

Narhalles - Rak Tiger - Cavies - level 22
Sihon - Stone Giant - Unguilded - level 21
LifeLine - Pixie Swords man - Unguilded - level 12
EgoMachine - Halfing Whipper - Unguilded - level 19
IC - Frost Giant - Unguilded - level 10
StaticS - Storm Giant - Unguilded - level 16