Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 08-05-2008, 03:27 AM

Dioxide has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Joystick Did someone say addition to the teachers guild?

Well i don't know i was thinking of something to add to the teachers guild..oratory
it contains 5 levels, and each lvl gives +2 to oratory, and (top guild) gives +4
(i am not good with coming up with names so i just name them in levels)
This is how its gonna be each time they help a player, the player will have the right to give them as many points (up to five) based on how good there "aid" really was.
And also, it would be great to be able to type "teacherwho" to see the teachers whoa re currently online.

(lvl 5) (top guild) Orator: +4 to oratory -> 160 pts
(lvl 4):+2 to oratory-> 80 pts
(lvl 3):+2 to oratory-> 40 pts
(lvl 2):+2 to oratory-> 20 pts
(lvl 1):+2 to oratory-> 10 pts
ps: They don't have to be the exact numbers as you see there..you may tweak it to you liking
It is my fame
that put the gods in shame
I am the archangel of Death
2008-11-24 13:50:01 Dioxide – killed by a Poison property for dioxide
Old 08-05-2008, 08:47 AM

themadhobo has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Thats not a bad idea! I like it. Another possible change to the teachers guild would be giving them unlimited use of the help channel, while maintaining their normal shout points in other channels. Of course, this might mean abuse of the help channel...
Old 08-05-2008, 12:46 PM

Iro has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I'd rather the points be doubled, at the very least. One shouldn't go up a guild level by helping two people, minimum.

Keep in mind, people can make alts and use them to give their friends a bunch of points. How would you keep people from abusing this system?
Old 08-05-2008, 12:50 PM

themadhobo has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

It would be hard to prevent abuse in such a system... Maybe whenever a teachers guild member helps someone and a wizard sees it they can choose to award them a "shout cookie" or something of the sort that they can eat to replenish some shout points. That way the rewards would be completely random based on the mood of the wizard and the helpfulness of the teacher. Of course, a wizard would have to be interested in doing that and making a piece of food that replenishes shout points. I doubt that kind of thing is on the top of anyones list right now.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:39 PM
Player Mod

Jacksparow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I can see the Teacher's guild becoming the spammers guild if this is done.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:15 PM

Hamel has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

If you ask me, the teacher's guild should have a trivia quest that you have to finish to join, and a minimum level of 15.

So then we'd have less new players becoming teachers compared to experienced players, unlike now. :L
Old 08-05-2008, 03:28 PM

Jessikha has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

A level requirement is a great idea; no spammer would have the effort to reach level 20 just to advertise something. And yes, I think level 20 is a better idea than 15.

If a wizard would be willing to do this, they could make a new quest which involves answering Wyvern trivia, and make this quest a requirement to join the guild. It'd be like the tower of conundrum, but with item/game mechanics trivia instead. The wizards could potentially make this quest really easy or really hard (What's the level requirement of [Insert obscure item here]?) and I think it'd be a nice bonus for experienced players.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:40 PM
Player Mod

Clubbz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

nah don't give them something like oratory, give them something not useful for battle, and won't make much of a difference to a mid-high level player. Make the bonus zoology...
Old 08-05-2008, 04:08 PM

Joystick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessikha View Post
A level requirement is a great idea; no spammer would have the effort to reach level 20 just to advertise something. And yes, I think level 20 is a better idea than 15.

If a wizard would be willing to do this, they could make a new quest which involves answering Wyvern trivia, and make this quest a requirement to join the guild. It'd be like the tower of conundrum, but with item/game mechanics trivia instead. The wizards could potentially make this quest really easy or really hard (What's the level requirement of [Insert obscure item here]?) and I think it'd be a nice bonus for experienced players.
Great idea...thanks to everyone who posted what they tought
It is my fame
Old 08-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Player Mod

Clubbz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I would just like to point out that if you'd like my opinion on this matter, you can see the thread i made a long time ago, it was an epic fail that nobody responded to....

http://www.wyvernrpg.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1431
Old 08-05-2008, 05:50 PM

Joystick

Not a bad idea at all its a shame no one responded.
It is my fame