Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 07-12-2008, 05:42 PM

anatil has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default New XP system

Recently I've been starting to think about the xp gaining system in wyvern.

In LQ's, the xp is split between anyone and everyone who participates. So the wimps who hit the monster once and the powerhouses that stayed and faced it head one...get the same amount of xp (correct me if I'm wrong on this, its how I understand the system works from a while back).

In general, whoever gets the kill...also gets the xp. So you so you can spend like 1-5 minutes pounding a really hard monster only to have some annoying pest run up and get the last hit and get the xp, while you get nothing...the person who did 99% of the damage gets no experience while the guy who made 1 hit gets all of it?

Anyways, onto my idea: XP per hit. With each hit you make you receive a small percent of the damage as xp (when you kill the monster, gaining xp while attacking would lag like crazy especially with hydras and mages)

Old 07-12-2008, 05:46 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by anatil View Post
Anyways, onto my idea: XP per hit. With each hit you make you receive a small percent of the damage as xp (when you kill the monster, gaining xp while attacking would lag like crazy especially with hydras and mages)
Totally useless for general use. 99% of all monster fighting should be done in claimable maps. People you choose to invite should be grouped with you or you should work out who kills what. If you are unable to do so, they should not be invited.

If a monster area is not claimable it usually shouldn't be or it's a lq and lqs do not exist for experience gain.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:42 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by anatil View Post
In general, whoever gets the kill...also gets the xp. So you so you can spend like 1-5 minutes pounding a really hard monster only to have some annoying pest run up and get the last hit and get the xp, while you get nothing...the person who did 99% of the damage gets no experience while the guy who made 1 hit gets all of it?
This is not the way lq works now. He who does the most damage gets the "win"/prize. He who does the most damage gets the credit via Town Crier. The xp is divided between those who did top damage because as Arilou said, Lqs are not XP events.

Tesh
Old 07-13-2008, 02:31 AM

anatil has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

The point of this system is more about RP than it is about the circumstances. What I'm trying to get across is that if you fight a long and difficult battle you should be able to get stronger from it...it just doesn't make sense that you fight tooth n' nail against a powerful monster and don't make any xp.

Old 07-13-2008, 03:43 AM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

It's not rpish for people to get a message saying they need to be invited in a map and yet that's the system Rhialto went with and that's the system we are keeping. A share xp system is redundant in Wyvern and is only needed in games where players end up fighting in the game dungeons because others come running in randomly. If you use the invite and group features of the game properly you won't have to worry about fighting a monster tooth and nail and not getting the xp. End of story.