Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > General
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General For serious discussions about general Wyvern topics.

Old 05-25-2008, 01:58 PM

Ploog has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to Ploog
Default My Formal complaint

I was just on Wyvern, not even 20 secs ago, and I witnessed something, that really upsets me.

A player had done something wrong the other day, and received a punishment for said wrongdoing.

Today, one of the Wizards, decides to provoke the player, my friend for a number of years, by shouting that he is a cheater. "It was not aimed at him" apparently, but it clearly was, since he was the only one shouting at the time. There is some sort of privacy rules in wyvern, and I would almost consider this to be a sort of harassment.

You can go ahead and lock this post, delete it, yell at me for interfering, but what some people do, is downright outrageous. The punishment should be the end of it, and that's that.
Old 05-25-2008, 02:14 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploog View Post
I was just on Wyvern, not even 20 secs ago, and I witnessed something, that really upsets me.

A player had done something wrong the other day, and received a punishment for said wrongdoing.

Today, one of the Wizards, decides to provoke the player, my friend for a number of years, by shouting that he is a cheater. "It was not aimed at him" apparently, but it clearly was, since he was the only one shouting at the time. There is some sort of privacy rules in wyvern, and I would almost consider this to be a sort of harassment.

You can go ahead and lock this post, delete it, yell at me for interfering, but what some people do, is downright outrageous. The punishment should be the end of it, and that's that.
I agree with your premise.
In this particular case this player had made it public all day in the AH.
Quite public I might add. So it was not out of the realm that when that player is constantly talking about it in public and denying his actions that we would say exactly what was said.
In this case, amazingly it wasnt aimed at the person it appeared to be.
I wont go into details but when a player gets the punishment he did instead of banishement and does nothing but bad mouth all day, *I* would have said what was said directly to him since he made it a public discussion for the past 6 hours.
The player should have been banished, especially after he then proceeded to bring the punishment back to the game players in public (which is expressly against the rules itself).
So yes provoking should not be done in shouts.
Banishment should have happened hours ago when it was brought into the game by the player and I thank you for reminding me of that. It would have avoided this entire thing.

T

I am locking this thread. Not because it is an invalid complaint, but because it will only turn into a mess.