Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:35 PM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand
Default New Spell

Name: Death Spray
Lore: 20
Description: A small cone of death that shots from the caster's fingertips for as low as 3 and as far as 5 spaces ahead.
Reagent: [30 HP, Dragon Claw]

Larger Description: This spell is an advanced death ray, it comes out for as low as 3 and as large as 5 squares from the caster in a small cone. When you cast the spell you lose 30 HP and are unable to heal those 30 HP for 1 minute (60 seconds). You can cast the spell as many times as you like, until you have less than 30 HP where casting the spell can/will kill you.

I have debated with myself about the use of dragon claws as a reagent for this spell. Being high lore and having HP as a reagent might be enough. But I have added it for the sakes of those who would oppose a low reagent high lore spell.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:26 PM

Ovrlndnsea has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Sounds interesting, but too salkandy to be any good.

--Vuntic,
inventing new words.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:06 PM

Can you define salkandy?
Old 02-27-2008, 08:28 PM

themadhobo has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I think its a neat idea, but could use a cooler name for something so powerful... like apocalype blast or some such. Maybe instead of losing 30hp and a dragon claw make the spell halve your hp each cast, and make it death and fire or something. More death increases range, more fire decreases the % of life taken on casting.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:32 PM

Duender has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Seems a tad bit destructive, wouldn't you say? D:
Old 02-27-2008, 08:50 PM
Player Mod

Clubbz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I understand that people want more death element spells in the game, but this just seems over-powered. The only way it would make sense to make a 'death-spray' type spell would be to reduce the overall chance of it killing you significantly, because for certain players with incredible stats, this would just be a mass-murdering spell if it had the same magical potency.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:30 PM

Directed towards: Clubbz
I don't see how it's over powered. Naturally it's harder to avoid than the death ray spell, but I felt that it was made up for with several things.

1. Being a obsessive high lore.
2. Having a high cost reagent.
3. Having a very short range from the caster.
4. Having the risk of death to the caster if casting the spell too much.
5. Not being able to heal the lost HP directly afterwards.

I also fail to see how it can be used for mass murdering. with 100 HP you could cast this spell 3 times. Then a lv 15 fireball (with resist) could probably do enough damage to kill me. I personally think (and don't get mad) that you skimmed my post and didn't read a particular line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salkand
...it comes out for as low as 3 and as large as 5 squares from the caster in a small cone. ...
I appreciate the post though, this is the type of feedback I need, so please don't be discouraged to comment further.

Directed at:Themadhobo
It was generally meant as a pure death spell. Although being just an idea that is always open to change. It would help if you explained why you considered fire as a possible element. In terms of the HP taken away, I wanted the caster to at least be able to cast the spell twice and I have also considered pixies. It appeared unfair to me that a human would have to give up 50 HP when a pixie has to give up 35 HP for the same strength spell.

Then, I didn't want the range increased due to being overpowered, or the lifre % limited for the same reasons. Although that would be an issue of cost vs. power.

Directed at Duender: Destructive? Yes!
Old 02-27-2008, 11:16 PM

Jessikha has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

You could make it a Death and Life spell. Death increases the % of killing someone, and life would reduce the damage done to yourself. This is a good power balance because no other spells are a Life/Death mix. The only downside would be higher levels who could spare the skill points to train life up really high.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:59 PM

Better than fire/death as mentioned earlier. But as I said earlier, I tried to avoid giving someone a lower % of HP taken. I thought the spell would be too powerful if by just training some life you could suddenly cast it 100 times.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:54 PM

themadhobo has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

well what I meant by 50% of life taken was say you have 100/100, cast and it goes to 50/100, then 25/100, 12/100, 6/100 etc. I think that way you could cast a few times, each time making yourself significantly more vulnerable to dying.
The reason I chose fire as a secondary element is because fire is the most destructive of all elements, and this spell basically kills anything it can reach.

Oh and a new idea, another option for a required reagent could be something like 5 clovers + another reagent. I think that would create a level of balance in casting it because clovers are worth their weight in gold, and nobody would want to waste all their clovers casting any spell other than heal.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:28 PM
Player Mod

Jacksparow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Dragon hearts should be the reagent as currently they are kind of on the lame side for spells.