Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:48 AM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand
Default From the Desk of Salkand

I am now going to post a bunch of ideas from my notes. Keep in mind that most of these ideas have either been ignored, or I decided not to post them for one reason or another. Actually, they are all ideas that I decided wern't worth posting for one reason or another. There is very little need to reply to this idea, I am doing this simply as a means of giving other players ideas so that they may come up with something worthwhile.
Also be sure to take note that I have a lot of jumbled ideas and unfinished ideas in my notes, which thankfully I won't be posting.
Also, this might be a long read, so if you don't feel like wasting several minutes, I suggest you turn back now. Furthermore, not all ideas are fully prepared to be posted, and might be but a few words (one such reason these might have been ignored, was due to a high possibility of suggestions to the same idea. So I don't want to hear complaints about anything)

Dream Walkers as a new playable race.

Instead of limiting rings to 2 per player, give each ring a Power Rating. You can wear as many rings as you want up to the power rating of 100. Ex. Ring of OmniMagic has a power rating of 50, hence you can wear 2.
(2X50=100) Ex2. Ring of the perfect whipsman has a power rating of 45, while ring of see invis has a power rating of 10. You can wear 2 rings of the perfect whipsman, and 1 ring of see invisible. (45X2+10=100). Also, the more rings you were the harder it becomes to use a weapon. Meaning if you use 10 weak rings and are wearing all 10, You won't be able to wield a sword, whip, or any other type of weapon. Also, it effects certain spells that require complex hand movement. So although you can wear the rings, you have to consider if it's worth it or not.

The Abyss Just a large grey map; what makes the map interesting is that, if you return to it and go the same direction as the last time you were using the map, you will end up in a different "Demons" territory, as it is randomized. The idea is that the Demons in the abyss are all custom made creatures, each one possessing the strength of a LQ monster if not stronger. It isn't intended as a map you can train in all day, as you could walk in one direction and go no where for a long time. As the map is pretty much all grey, you will have a hard time telling that you are even moving.
The only real maps in this map might be castles...etc. Just so you have a place to fight each respective demon. Again, this isn't meant for real training, but as a means to vanquish powerful demons, more for bragging rights.

Void Spells are similar to death magic, in order to even learn a void spell you must have 25 in the death skill. Then you are allowed to train the void skill which makes the spells stronger. Yes, the skill would max out at 15.
The basic concept behind this idea is more important than the idea itself.
This concept states that you can train certain "advance" magics after getting to a certain skill in the basic elements. It does not mean it has to be death magic, or any particular element.

Blood Magic requires no special elemental training, because each blood spell might be a part of a different element. Also, blood magic requires the use of a sacrifice. Ex. In order to cast one particular blood spell you need to have trained it's element. The element can vary between any of the current exsisting elements. But, you also need a certain monster to sacrifice in order to cast the spell. In a manner of speaking, the monster is the reagent. You capture the monsters in a soul stealing gem (just like a monster soko). Each gem can only hold one monsters soul. Each spell also might require a different monster, or in some of the more powerful spell, more then one.

The ability to lose at LQ Not only the ability to lose a LQ, but a consequence for doing so. Ex. Raze attacks the world, you fail to stop him and NV is temporarily destroyed. There would be an exsisting destroyed map, which would run through several other "more repaired then yesterday" maps, until the city was back to normal.

Varied level of the same type of monstes: Means that creatures such as the lich aren't all the same. You might be fighting a lich one second and kill him in one swing of your weapon. Then in the next second be fighting a new lich who is more powerful then a monopod, this extends to other monsters as well. Some monsters are generally weak, and some strong. But there would always be a chance that the weakest of creatures (goblins) might spawn one as strong as an AD (because no creature has the same powers) Of course, some monstes would be naturally strong. An AD would never be as weak as a goblin. One, they are dragons and those would be stronger then almost any living creature. Two, it had enough power to surpass death, hence, it's already known that it wont be a weak foe.

Random weather generators

The ability to learn other languages: As a human, you often times see signs that say you can not understand the language. There should be quest where the prize is the ability to learn these languages, and read these signs. There might even be special spells made only by certain races, and to learn these spells you need to solve the quest and learn the language.

Making the darkness spell more powerful: with 25 death, a 12 light spell shouldn't be able to penetrate a darkness spell, and yet...

That's all for now, I do not wish you overwhelm you with the contents of my notes. This is barely a dent in the confusing mix of ideas that is my mind.

Last edited by Salkand : 01-14-2008 at 05:52 AM.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:28 AM

Steovanni has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

The whole not wielding a weapon thing is kind of confusing and the void skill only applies to death magic?

Not all specialize in death. Letting LQs destroy cities is a nuisance and should not be implemented. Also, what is the point in darkness? @.@
Old 01-14-2008, 11:02 AM

Unknown has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

i like them all
Old 01-14-2008, 02:53 PM

Steovanni, if you bothered to read the void idea at all, it explains that it is the concept of the idea, and not the idea that is important. Meaning it can be for any element. I simply used void/death as the reference at the time.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:23 PM

xxMASTERFONGxx has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to xxMASTERFONGxx

I enjoyed them, very well thought out, the only problem i could see with the destroyed town is that, what if the town was needed for training, or someone was saved in the town, and Of course the rebuilding. I would recomend a Live Quest to rebuild the town, like harvesting wood and getting stones and things of that nature, and have each race have a part. Dwarfs and Frostys for wood, or even buy guild have a part in it
Old 01-16-2008, 02:31 AM

From the Desk of Salkand part 2:

I would just like to remind everyone once again that each of these represents a failed idea that I did not submit for one reason or another. I am not going to get into why I did not submit them, so please do not bother with questions.

Polymorph is a spell that lets you transform into other animals. The higher your level of it's respective skill, the better the creature.

Sink Hole is a spell that softens the earth around the caster. The earth turns to mod and slows down anyone trying to approach you. It's an earth spell.

Flash of light is a life spell that shots a blinding (yes it actually blinds the victim) flash of light all around the caster.

Ice Bolt is a water spell, at first it works as a normal bolt spell. Does damage, similar to acid dart. But when you get higher water skills it starts to freeze it's victims (turns them into a frozen statue). It doesn't always happen, but there is a chance of it doing an insta death.

Lava spew is a fire spell around lore 17. More powerful then dragon breath, but because the player spits it out of his mouth, it has a short range.

Dragon hoards: This idea is assuming dragons are raised to their full power. That's right, dragons are weak compared to what they need to be. For this idea to be successful, dragons need to be stronger then LQ monsters. It should take a group to vanquish these powerful Beast. That being said, when you defeat a dragon there should be a hoard for you to plunder. Something worth the effort. This I believe makes the game more challenging, and a fair reward.

autographs the idea would be any player can make an autograph and sell it for 1 gp. Just a fun idea to see how many you could collect. of course some would be more rare becase that player would tend to give them out less.

Different strength of spells: The basic idea of this is, by using 3 powdered dragon bones and 3 times the mana you can cast a single dragon breath that is 3 times as powerful. It's just a way to make spells more powerful really.

Quest effected by other Quest: This simply means that some Quest can only be done when you do other Quest, and by doing some Quest, prevents you from doing other Quest. (Meaning, you did Q A, and because of that can not do Quest B. But by Doing quest A or B you can either do quest C or D.

Hurrican is a spell that blows other players around. It doesn't do damage, but it keeps people from getting to you.

Focused Air is a spell that turns air hard and shots it from the caster. it's a lore 20 spell, air spell; VERY powerful. It doesn't take reagents, but theres no way to lower the use of mana on the spell (meaning it'll cost 200 mana per cast)

Absoption is a spell that takes in the collective damage of 3 hits and makes a giant blast around the caster to equal the power of all 3 hits.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:06 PM

From the Desk of Salkand part 3:

Spell of *Insert weapon mastery*: This spell, depending on what version you get, gives you +15 skill points in any weapon skill. It takes 16 lore and while this spell is active you cannot cast ANY other spells Or use mana in any other way. You can't dispel this until it runs its full course which has a base time of 10 minutes.

The advantages would be you could get about 21 skill with rings of the perfect (blank). The disadvantage is, you can't use any spells, healing or otherwise. If you resist run out, too bad for you. (also as a side note: You can't use rods, but you can use wands).

Elemental Wraith of (blank): This spell also comes in different versions. It actually has a version for almost all the elements. The elements being Fire, Water, Air, Earth. The 4 different spells are pretty simply, using your magic you create a void in the world that has to be filled by something, which causes the actual element to come in and replace it. (lore 15 spells)

Ex 1: You cast elemental wraith of air, lightning comes down to replace the void which is several paces in front of you. The lightning isn't magical lightning like lightningbolt or thunderstorm. It's natural lightning and therefor does a significant more damage. Actually, it doesn't do any magical damage, so resist shock is only half effective towards the spell.

The downside of this spell is it isn't evocation, incantation, etc. So you'll lose about 150 mana to cast it once, regardless of what you train in.

Ex 2: You cast elemental wraith of earth; for several spaces in front of you the ground shakes and splits apart causing intense damage to anyone in its path. (This is the only version of the spell where lore is higher than 15, because there is no earth resistance, the lore for this version is 17)

I won't get into an example of the other two, but you get the point.

Shriek Evocation of air, the caster shots a cone of pure air/energy from his mouth. lore 14, this spell does air damage, NOT shock damage. It has a 2% chance of doing an Instant kill.

Undead Army is a summoning death spell that raises several creatures from the grave. The spell works depending on a monsters strength. Lore 9. It only raises monsters that you have killed recently and within a certain radius. The number of monster this spell raises is based off of their strength.

Ex 1: This spell can raise two ghast, 15 Undead skeletons, Etc. Of course the numbers of this spell are exacte, so keep in mind that this is just an example.

Illusionary forest: This is an air and mind spell. The more air the longer it last the more mind the more powerful it becomes. The more mind you have the further the forest extends, also at a certain mind level the trees start to actually block people from going through them, because of how real the feel. The original caster of this spell isn't hindered by the spell at all, he sees them as invisible in a way. While the people around him see the trees as whole. Even though they can't go through the trees, the caster can, as well as hide inside one.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:46 PM

Xae has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Air damage?

I didn't know air did any damage to anyone.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:36 PM

Logwad has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Logwad Send a message via MSN to Logwad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xae View Post
Air damage?

I didn't know air did any damage to anyone.
READ AND KNOW THE TRUE DEPTHS OF AGONY!

Chapped lips man. It's terrible.