Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 01-12-2008, 06:06 PM

Xae has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Item Bank

As the title says..item banks..

for anybody whos ever played runescape you know what im talking about. I have too much to carry around all the time and bags dont always satisfy. Im a pally and i can bearly imagine what its like for mages to carry things around. anyway its a simple concept theres no need for me to explain any further

thoughts?
Old 01-12-2008, 06:18 PM

Auryn has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Auryn

I think its a good idea, and you could do what runescape does and add an item limit in your bank as well. Which would prevent hoarding (possibly) but would allow for some storage rather then carrying everything around.

This would be a great addition!
Old 01-12-2008, 06:31 PM

Unknown has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

you could make a new skill that let you have a biger item bank space... so for example, normal players have 5 slots, but if you train 1 point you get 2 extra slots in the bank.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:47 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

No. We've had vaults in the game, we removed them already, and we're not going back to it. At best you may get ever so slightly better bags that are harder to get ahold of, but you're not going to get vaults back no matter what. First of all, I highly doubt there's any game out there that lets you bag as many items as we do and gives you bank storage to boot. I think this is just a case of you being extremely spoiled and wanting more. Second of all, the fact that you're finding it harder to get around with all your bagged items and the fact that certain races have it even harder is by design. We want you to make hard decisions based on what to keep and what not to. Chances are you are hoarding too much right now and need to dump some of it, but are holding out hope that you can keep going on like you are until something like an item vaults come along (that's not happening).

Further more, Wyvern is about providing you with unique challenges and experiences. Being a mage that cannot carry as much is a disadvantage that is put into the game by design. If we wanted them to be able to carry as much as you we wouldn't bother with setting everyone to have different weight capacities and wouldn't bother with having strength as a skill which provides a second advantage to those who fight in close combat. Your statement just goes to show you don't understand that as you're suggesting a loophole in an aspect of the game that had to be coded specifically to make it work the way it currently does.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:11 PM

Karrah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Karrah Send a message via Skype™ to Karrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arilou View Post
No. We've had vaults in the game, we removed them already, and we're not going back to it. At best you may get ever so slightly better bags that are harder to get ahold of, but you're not going to get vaults back no matter what. First of all, I highly doubt there's any game out there that lets you bag as many items as we do and gives you bank storage to boot. I think this is just a case of you being extremely spoiled and wanting more. Second of all, the fact that you're finding it harder to get around with all your bagged items and the fact that certain races have it even harder is by design. We want you to make hard decisions based on what to keep and what not to. Chances are you are hoarding too much right now and need to dump some of it, but are holding out hope that you can keep going on like you are until something like an item vaults come along (that's not happening). Further more, Wyvern is about providing you with unique challenges and experiences. Being a mage that cannot carry as much is a disadvantage that is put into the game by design. If we wanted them to be able to carry as much as you we wouldn't bother with setting everyone to have different weight capacities and wouldn't bother with having strength as a skill which provides a second advantage to those who fight in close combat. Your statement just goes to show you don't understand that as you're suggesting a loophole in an aspect of the game that had to be coded specifically to make it work the way it currently does.
Amen to challenges. I love that I have to make hard decisions to become a stronger player, it keeps me from getting bored :]

This goes to the "how this game is so wonderfully designed" list...

Karrah the Unlikely