Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 01-09-2008, 06:23 PM

Voarin has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Mage's Guild

I was just thinking about some possible way to give the Mage's Guild a bit of specialization. Read it all before saying omgz *** overpowezerdedzz.

My idea is elemental bracelets. At the current time, no bracelets offer real benefits to mages. I suggest mage-only bracelets that would give +10 to one element of the user's choice.

Similar to the Axeman's Guild, this item would be the reward for beating the guild quest and only one would be obtainable and binded to the user. My thought was that mage's guild needed a re-vamped quest that truly tested mages, similar to the tournaum and jewel of besar upgrades. And this bracelet would be a great reward for mages only.

But this leaves an obvious overbalance in favor of those who melee in the Mage's guild using magic whip. I suggest -20 in all forms of combat for mages. And you're probably thinking "omgz kno i kneed maghic wip!" Join the guild meant for whip users then, lol.

I know you guys will probably hate this idea, but it's my shot at specializing for mages. Leave negative feedback and why.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:29 PM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand

Love the idea except for one thing, Mages can not train over their skill in magic. It does nothing until we are also of that level.

So all this would do is make it so we don't have to train 10 skills in one element. In which case you might as well just give us 10 free skill points to use and do less coding.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:28 AM
Forum Mod

Cinaeth has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Reasonable idea. but I would rather favor bracelets - similar to the Mage only staffs which give bonus in one element with a reduction in others
Old 01-12-2008, 03:52 PM

ennal has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

i love the idea, if they want to use whip then they should be a ranger like
krayzee instead of mage