Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Off Topic
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

Off Topic Discuss anything unrelated to Wyvern here, within reason.

Old 01-06-2008, 03:57 AM

Shinjari has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to Shinjari
Default Intro and Q's

Hello everyone,
I'm Shinjari. New to the forums.

I played Wyvern waaay back.
Eventually I guess I kind'a, lost it I s'pose.

I'm back now.
Greetings everyone, from Shinjari!

I've a couple questions as well.
How is Wyvern now? What's changed since eh, .. '01, '02-ish?
Old 01-06-2008, 05:09 PM
Wizard

Arisu has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Wow so you stopped playing before i started? Well that's pretty awesome you've come back after all this time. Haha your "what's changed" question is going to need someone a lot more willing to write than I am. But hey! Welcome back
Old 01-06-2008, 07:54 PM

Logwad has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Logwad Send a message via MSN to Logwad

Trade system: The good: Players can't pass things easily to their alts. The bad Players can't pass things easily to other players (cept torches :3). You have to use the auction house to sell things to players now. There is a minimum and a maximum you can charge. Don't sell something for max and then buy it again for min and so on. That will be detected, and is basically nothing more than transferring money, which is ban-able now. However Wyvern's economy needs to be completely redone (not much of a change here), but don't expect that to change anytime soon.

Enchanting: Player enchanting was nerfed. Before, a +1 would cover your entire body, but that was changed so it only covers that part of you. I can't be sure that it isn't even just plain broken. People will enchant armor because they hope it might make a difference (now or in the future), but not because they KNOW it will. It was also made a lot harder to enchant things, so you never see +8 anymore. You also almost never see enchanters advertising either, but when you do, you'll also notice people getting quiet and hanging their heads in sadness.

Smithing: Weapons smithing was added. If you are a higher level meleer, then you are probably going to be using a smithed weapon.

Maps/NPCs: Maps being put in game have to be a much higher standard than before. Much higher. Not only do they tend to be more pleasing to look at, they are much more balanced. Older maps are also slowly being changed. NPC's are slowly gaining more to say. Before, the only time NPCs said something was when they where part of a quest. Now they are slowly adding to the stories of whatever town they are in. So if you're like me and would accidentally solve a quest by looking for a NPC that said something and going from there, well yah can't do that anymore.

Quests: Quests are also smarter-ish. Randomization of various things within them has made it hard for Quest Info to actually be useful to someone who obtains it. Even if you did a quest, and now are doing it with an alt, you still have to DO the quest. You cannot assume the item you needed is in the same place. However quests still involve far too much "guess the word to continue the conversation" when dealing with NPCs. But here the wizards are fairly limited in what they can do.

Guilds: Guilds now have levels. When first joining a guild, you get a bunch of negatives and a few bonuses. But at the top of the guild you have a better array of bonuses than you had before. They still require 100k, and to complete a specific quest.

Those are some things off the top of my head. Feel free to ask me (Logwad/Lagwod) any questions you might have. I'm an old fogey as well, but not as much as you.

Last edited by Logwad : 01-08-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:20 PM

Shinjari has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to Shinjari

Thanks for anwering my questions guys,
It really helped me.

Feels old now.