Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:24 PM

CasualCrisis has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Xerxes' Ideas

Just a few ideas I have, all could be explained in more detail, but just skimming over them right now. Tell me what you think. No flaming, thanks. - Xerxes

- Cast Delay
The game loses RP value over being able to activate "incantations" and "conjurations" and "enchantments" without delay. There should be some sort of cast delay to those arts, because you actually have to say the words, right? I bet Wyvern's got chronic sore throat by now.

- Dual Weapon Guilds
Since we have no guilds for staves or polearms, it would be cool to attach bonuses to existing guilds already. For example, let Axemen use polearms (and give them the bonuses), and have Monks use staves. That way people can make polearm/staff builds while gaining the guild bonus advantages.

- Player-Activated LQs
Make a new monster, perhaps a special type of a dragon, and have it occur in Random Dungeons rarely. Whenever the kill count of those dragons hits 1,000, or some other high number, a dragon LQ is activated, perhaps similar to the one Salkand suggested, and the count is reset, and not started again until after the LQ is destroyed.

- Quest-Prize Only Skills
Make quests that have a trainer at the end of it that will train you up to 1 level in a skill where you cannot train anywhere else, so it will be like you have it, or you don't. There could be a choice of trainers, too, so you can only get one of the skills, and none of the others, ever, for that character. Examples of neat skills could be supercharged healing/meditation, that do +5 the normal amount, or skills that let you wear certain items that you wouldn't be able to before, or an overall "Weaponry" skill. You get the point...the quest would be ridiculously tough, though, because these are good rewards.

- Resists
Resists should be much, much harder to get. For example, all values should be halved. However, to compensate, certain guilds will grant certain resistances/weaknesses. Example: Axemen now have 25% Cold Resist, and -25% Fire Resist, and an Axeman using two Rings of Fire Resistance will get 30% resistance (15% each) and a scroll will give only 40%, so a total of 45%. This will help provide a challenge to RDers and PvPers alike. Also, resist mages, which are nearly unheard of at the moment, will become much more...valuable. If this went my way, however, I would not touch poison, death, petrification, confusion, fear, slow, or paralyze resists.

- Magic Damage
Magic damages are too rare; all spells should deal 10% magic damage, since it has been pulled from another dimension after all, and 90% of its elemental damage. That will help mages kill elemental immunes and make it a tougher fight for meleers in PK.

- Bungle Resistance
Certain items geared towards spellcasting should decrease your rate of bungling by a value. For example, a value of 0 means you do not bungle, and anything positive means you do not bungle, but negative values bungle. A platemail would give -3 Bungling, so you would bungle...often. Maybe 3 out of 5 times. If you wore a Shield of Power, Imperial Crown of Samhoc, and Fancy White Gloves, however, your bungling will become 0 again, balanced out by spellcasting gear. This will let people wear bungling gear while casting spells by limiting their choices of items.

- Unresistable damage
There needs to be some sort of damage that no one can resist, so you have to be smart and evade it, else you'll get seriously damaged. For example, a god LQ could deal holy damage through a destruction-like spell, that will have a screen-wide range, and a 50/50 chance of hitting you, but when it does hit, it always does 90-110 damage, no matter what kind of resists you have.

- Locking Art Files
The Wyvern download should come under lock, without key. Players should not be able to access pictures, et cetera, or move the Wyvern files at all unless uninstalling. That way, people who edit their files to unlimited Xray and Darksight won't be able to gain an advantage over people who choose to play truthfully, and for the fun of it.

- HoF Picture Payments
Many artists play Wyvern, but there are no ways to repay them for drawing an HoF picture, legally that is. I think that artists should be able to register with Wyvern, and people who would like an HoF picture can in-game mail them, depending on if they're accepting requests at the time. If a player chooses that artist's picture, they have to pay something like 10,000 gold to them right away. But the artist can't be given any gold through that system unless a Wizard has applied the picture already and given the artist a redeemable token at their own payment machine in the bottom floor of NVA, which will be filled with artist payment boxes.

- Archers: Melee Attacking with Bows
Bows should be made to double as weapons, so that you can melee with the same skill you use ranged in. Of course, they'll be a little bit weaker, but weapons like the Horned Bow could be put to use in melee in awkward situations. And you can't shoot arrows within 1 second of meleeing anything, because your character has to get ready. Bows would be a two-handed weapon with mediocre damage, but high accuracy and critical hits.

Edits:
Please post which idea(s) you're talking about, not just "I agree."
Nightswift: Comment deleted.
Please don't just read the title of each suggestion, read the explanation, that way you don't assume anything.

Last edited by CasualCrisis : 01-03-2008 at 11:43 AM.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:33 PM

Revenge has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

interesting..
but the archers should be able to shoot multiple arrows, that way they wouldnt need to melee.
ex: every 5 levels of range traning = 1 more hit per arrow.
lvl 5, 2 hits
etc..

OR (for archers still)
arrows can hit and go through multiple monsters.

they need to implement something to get more people to play archers.

Last edited by Revenge : 01-06-2008 at 05:35 PM.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:34 PM

Nightswift has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

More then half of these have been brought up dozens of times before...
Old 01-02-2008, 05:34 PM

Iro has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Spell delay and resist effects halved should only be in effect for non-mages.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:04 PM

AGuy has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

How about for a lq, ppl will have to kill a giant version of rhialto before he shuts down servers again
Old 01-02-2008, 07:32 PM
Player Mod

Jacksparow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuy View Post
How about for a lq, ppl will have to kill a giant version of rhialto before he shuts down servers again
Zeik is Rhialto's image if im correct.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:40 PM

Hamel has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasualCrisis View Post
- Cast Delay
The game loses RP value over being able to activate "incantations" and "conjurations" and "enchantments" without delay. There should be some sort of cast delay to those arts, because you actually have to say the words, right? I bet Wyvern's got chronic sore throat by now.
I've already suggested this Idea, The Wizzys didn't go for it.

Archers: Melee Attacking with Bows? Wouldn't it just be better to use a sword? and come on, attacking with bows? :P
If you ask me ranged weapon just need to do a lot more damage.

HoF Picture Payments? The wizards would have to keep this up, and they hate to have to keep things up.

Bungle Resistance? Now THIS is a cool idea. =D

And Revenge, the Idea had been suggested before, And I don't think the wizzys went for this one either. And frankly it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Last edited by Hamel : 01-02-2008 at 07:50 PM.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:58 PM

Tanm has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Actually Xerxes, once upon a time bows *could* be used to melee, but it was surprisingly unbalanced, and removed.

I don't know that this really affects your idea, but food for thought, I suppose.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:50 AM

CasualCrisis has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I would like more opinions, in case I get asked to expand one of these a little farther than a paragraph.

To Silico: Spell Delay wouldn't exactly effect Mages because evocations are often one-word catch phrases so it's spammable. And what's wrong with 1 second wait on your little resistances?

To Tanm: I know that bows used to be melee'd with, but the trick is to not let a player melee and shoot arrows at the same time, so that no one does x2 the damage of a single character, because that's what would be unbalanced.

To AGuy: You obviously have no reason to post in my thread without a brain.

To Revenge: "I agree" isn't exactly the most specific phrase you can give after reading (or not reading) more than a single idea. Change it, please, so that people reading it won't be stuck.

Jacksparow: Not only have you failed to spell your name correctly, but your comment is completely off topic with no real relevance to my post. Please change it to an actual comment on something I wrote.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:51 PM
Wizard

Arisu has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Cast Delay - From an RP aspect it makes sense, but one could argue spells can also come instantly from magical energy within. I'm not a big fan of this idea, since it sounds like the mage version of an archer's arrow lag (which is downright awful). It's just annoying when you can't cast a spell the moment you mean to, especially in PK when your opponent can already outrun your spell at the current speed.

Dual Weapon Guilds - I like the guilds how they are, specialized in one thing. Do you mean use one weapon at a time or both at once? Because I can see these guilds being too powerful. Monks are really meant for unarmed.. give them a weapon and it kind of negates that. And if it's only one weapon at a time.. an axeman using a polearm just doesn't seem like an axeman.

Quest-Prize Only Skills - I like the idea of quests ending in something more/different than points or an item, and I don't think this idea's half bad as long as the skill isn't a supercharged version of an existing skill. I mean, if it ended in a novelty skill like, say, the ability to instantly identify the value of emeralds.. I think people would still go for it.

Unresistable damage - If this is meant as a player skill, it's just way too powerful. Even as a monster skill, it's pretty hardcore. A great number of high leveled people don't even have 90-110 hp (I've got like 120 at lvl 26) and a unresistable spell that does that kind of damage means.. it would instantly kill. I agree that resists are a little bit out of hand, but there are better ways.

Locking Art Files - I don't like the idea of having no access to the files. But you're right that it's an unfair advantage when you give yourself darksight. I think this is a problem for the coders. Like, perhaps the ground is tiled black (indicating darkness) and when these ground tiles are stepped on the player's image itself disappears.

HoF Picture Payments - In the time it takes me to make 1 image, i could make waayy more than 10k by just playing the game. As much as it hurts me to say this (picture a chainsaw) I think the wizards have got it right by not allowing compensation. Over time I've cranked out a great deal of images and if I had a nickel for every... well, I'd be wearing some different armor. The reward is seeing your art ingame (or not seeing it in my case because I'm scared of my high level monsters). HoF images are a bragging right and keeping them rare makes them slightly more impressive. Without "hof artists" then people would be forced to make their own HoF images, which along with zifa, is what got me started on stuff in the first place and might possibly get others started too.

Archers: Yay! More beef-up-archers ideas please. Most archers have adapted to a dual-weapon combat by now, and allowing melee bows would make us revert back to our '03.. or '04 skillsets, I dont remember. I feel like a melee delay would make the already-awkward Wyvern archery even more awkward and we'd be the most combat laggy characters in the game (oh wait, we already are). But yes, the range skill could use a push.. and honestly I think the problem could be solved by simply making the skill more powerful.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:05 PM

Tanm has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisu View Post
I mean, if it ended in a novelty skill like, say, the ability to instantly identify the value of emeralds.. I think people would still go for it.
Hehe, already exists as Jewelry.

But I too like the idea of a novelty skill as a quest prize.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:25 PM

Nandar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via Yahoo to Nandar
Post Items when to buy and not to buy restrictions

When you buy items you don't always know if you can use them until it is after the fact you bought them. Such as guilded items or character race issues. You can look at an item and tell what lvl you have to be to wear or use the item. But you can't tell if the item in question is a guilded item.
For instance:
a Robe of Magi is for Magicuser Guild you can buy it, but if you are a non-guild member you cannot wear it.

There are other instances that I have come across and there will probably be more to the fact.

My Chars:
Nandar - Panther Rak Lvl 19
Snix - Hafling Lvl 6
Merliz - Pixie lvl 14