Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 01-02-2008, 12:29 PM

Hamel has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Clan Houses!

I was thinking..

What this game really needs is more depth. And I really think that Clans could do this for Wyvern. And I mean clans as in those things created by players. But the problem with clans is they seem so distant and not really in the game.
Maybe we need Clan Halls, Something like houses but for clans. Maybe they would be located in "The Valley of the Clans".

=D

Hey i got another idea coming!: Clan coins! maybe Clan house's and stuff for them would cost clan coins. how would clans get these coins you ask. good question..

Maybe the clan coins would be real coins converted into CC at the CC converter, maybe at "The Valley of the Clans! And these CC would NOT be able to be transfered back into coins and would have no use other then for clan purposes. and they would be transferable between players.

Maybe the real coins to CC ratio would be something like this: 1000 SC to 1 CC. 100 GC to 1 CC. 1 PC to 1 CC.

Happy New Year Everybody!
Old 01-02-2008, 12:49 PM
Forum Mod

Cinaeth has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamel View Post
I was thinking..

What this game really needs is more depth. And I really think that Clans could do this for Wyvern. And I mean clans as in those things created by players. But the problem with clans is they seem so distant and not really in the game.
Maybe we need Clan Halls, Something like houses but for clans. Maybe they would be located in "The Valley of the Clans".

=D

Hey i got another idea coming!: Clan coins! maybe Clan house's and stuff for them would cost clan coins. how would clans get these coins you ask. good question..

Maybe the clan coins would be real coins converted into CC at the CC converter, maybe at "The Valley of the Clans! And these CC would NOT be able to be transfered back into coins and would have no use other then for clan purposes. and they would be transferable between players.

Maybe the real coins to CC ratio would be something like this: 1000 SC to 1 CC. 100 GC to 1 CC. 1 PC to 1 CC.

Happy New Year Everybody!

Hmmmm...now let me see if I understand this and then I will give my take on this.....

You want a Clan....and in this Clan you want your own currency (separate from that of the general economy) and you want Clan Stuff which you can buy with Clan Currency.....

My first question would be why have clans when there are already guilds? Clans are really nothing more than a Guild by a different name. Only real difference that I can see is that your Clan would be populated by your Friends List. Then you will be asking for "Clan Chat" - "Clan Shout"....

Clan Money to buy Clan Stuff. I will tackle this in one, I think. Firstly the Clan Stuff. Is it to be normal stuff: Armor, Weapons, etc. If so then there is absolutely no reason to have Clan Stuff for everyone will also have access to such items through the general economy.
Clan Money in exchange for Wyvern Money would open itself up to all kinds of abuses. For instance, suppose a very rich player powerful player wanted to transfer some of his stuff to an alt or even another lower powered clan member, what is to stop this Powerful Player from buying on the economy a cloak of Agility +10 with Wyvern Money and selling it to his clan buddy for 1 Clan Unit of Money? Simply put, any idea which by implementation circumnavigates the rule of transference of property or wealth is against the rules.

I don't think this idea is going to fly at all. Sorry.

Oh and a happy new year to you, too
Old 01-02-2008, 12:56 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

An arch wizard has a document written up for clans. It's just a matter of it being got to and it's not on the top of the list. Since said document exists we do not need suggestions as they will only conflict with what is written there.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:13 PM

Umm. Cinaeth, I think you might need to read the post again. I didn't mean stuff as in weapons and armor i meant as in furniture and clan halls themselves, and if you read it again then maybe you might see the part about "CC would NOT be able to be transfered back into coins" I don't see how that could have been abused as such. Clans are not always populated by the leaders friends list and don't give you skills as they are made by players.
And Clans have already been made, Ever heard of the DE?

Arilou: Well thats good to know arilou, I look forward to seeing whatever the arch wizard has in mind. ^_^

Last edited by Hamel : 01-02-2008 at 01:17 PM.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:36 PM
Forum Mod

Cinaeth has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Hamel..I did see the part where you said:

"CC would NOT be able to be transfered back into coins"

However, your original post did not make it clear what "Clan Stuff" was specifically. My argument still stands that if it were regular stuff then transference of high value weapons, armor etc. could be effected with the system you propose.

As I said in my post:
For instance, suppose a very rich player powerful player wanted to transfer some of his stuff to an alt or even another lower powered clan member, what is to stop this Powerful Player from buying on the economy a cloak of Agility +10 with Wyvern Money and selling it to his clan buddy for 1 Clan Unit of Money?

Nevertheless, I wish no argument...As Arilou has said:
An arch wizards has a document written up for clans. Since my status does not permit me access to Arch Wizard plans, I stand by my original post inasmuch as I think there is a possibility for abuse.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:52 PM

who said anything about item transferring? But like you said theres no point in arguing, this is my last post on the subject.