Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 08-18-2007, 09:10 PM

Zeofar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Endurance and Willpower

Okay, this idea may have been thought up by Wizards before. It may have been posted by players before as well, but heres my take on it.

The basic idea is to add Endurance and Willpower bars (about the size of the food bar, maybe even smaller) that can be drained through certain actions. Endurance can be drained by attacking, which would be the main use of that, and Willpower could be mainly drained by casting spells. In addition to attacking, Endurance could also be drained by movement (Albiet much slower, maybe at a rate of 100 steps to one attack to begin with) and possibly some spells. Willpower could be drained by the same things endurance is, although at a MUCH slower rate (Attacking 100 times might drain the same amount of Willpower as casting a low lore spell to begin with).

The main point of this would be to limit players ravaging areas nonstop, as well as a solution to spam healing, which are basically one in the same.

Now, for a little more detail.

Endurance and Willpower could be defined by race, level, and perhaps guild. Obviously, Giants would have the most Endurance and Pixies the most Willpower. They would also have the least Willpower and least Endurance accordingly. The amount of Endurance used per attack depends on skill level with the weapons skill, as well as a slight modifier from level. The amount of Willpower used by a spell would depend upon the skill(s) in the element(s) of the spell, as well as the art, also with a slight modifier from level.

Okay, so I thought this idea up earlier and some of the details which were clear to me are a bit fuzzy now, so I'll need some time to think them up, to flesh the idea out a little more. I also have a few things I think would be interesting to add so until I have more for that area I'll just put them here.

Giants lose Willpower in dwarf mode.
Nagas lose Willpower instead of Mana?
Pixies lose some Endurance and Willpower while flying.
Mana shield also damages willpower.
(I've already lost the other things I was thinking of from my mind, so I'll just stop writing for right now.)

Okay, so theres MOST of the idea.

Last edited by Zeofar : 08-23-2007 at 12:34 AM.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:35 AM

WyvernXa has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Pretty good. But how would one recover endurance/willpower? And what happens when you run out of endurance/willpower?
Old 08-19-2007, 10:20 PM

Hamel has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Sleeping and meditating perhaps?

Very interesting idea, but I think you'll need to smooth it a bit.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:42 PM

Ellavyn has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Lol yea sleeping is good idea, like the inns actually charge you money so you can use the bed and recharge, while also players can be in charge of inns and make money that way like jobs? Lol i doubt it will be that easy to put into the game but it would be way cool if there was jobs and such..
Old 08-20-2007, 09:42 PM

xxMASTERFONGxx has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to xxMASTERFONGxx

But then where would you save and enter the game at?
Old 08-20-2007, 11:13 PM

Bullfrogz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Bullfrogz Send a message via MSN to Bullfrogz

Theres other beds beside the save beds.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:56 PM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand

So your saying someone can buy an Inn and get money for doing pretty much no work, except owning a building.

That would either make money too easy to get, or such a coastly item that no one would buy it...

or Everyone would have one, making them worthless. They wouldn't pay anything, so no one would bother buying one, because in the long run it wont pay off.

This idea actually was suggested before, I looked for it's URL to post but couldn't find it..we'll I gave up after 5 minutes, can't say I cared very much.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:11 AM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Your job title is adventurer. You can own an inn when you've retired because you're too old or whatever to fight like you used to in your youth. However, it's unrealistic for you to own any fixed business in one town, run all the way across the world to fight monsters in the Frozen Wastelands, Southern Jungles, etc., and still be able to get back to an inn in time to service customers or order your help around.

Oh and fyi, there aren't enough towns in the world to offer thousands of players the opportunity to own their own inns or businesses in general.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:58 AM

Logwad has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Logwad Send a message via MSN to Logwad

You can, however, slaughter everyone in the inn, and sleep free. :D

Of course, the suggestion of force is often more powerful than acting with it.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:49 PM

xxMASTERFONGxx has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to xxMASTERFONGxx

Or Charm Them and make them let you sleep for free, mindless bloodshed isnt the answer.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:06 PM

sirslash has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

or you could just pay up and get into the inn without the hustle of the town guards ambushing you when you leave the bathroom at like 4am >_>
Old 08-22-2007, 11:43 PM

Tanm has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logwad View Post
You can, however, slaughter everyone in the inn, and sleep free.

Of course, the suggestion of force is often more powerful than acting with it.
In a fantasy setting it's likely that

1) You would suggest said force and sleep free

2) The innkeeper would either be very very fat, jolly, and slightly cowardly, or skinny, reminiscent of a rat, and very cowardly

3) The innkeeper would make an attempt on your life while you slept because he would believe you were going to kill him
Old 08-23-2007, 12:09 AM

Logwad has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Logwad Send a message via MSN to Logwad

Called mana shield silly, keeps you from being KO'd.

And once he makes the first move, then whatever happens next is self defense as far as the law is concerned. ^_^
Old 08-23-2007, 12:38 AM

Zeofar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

You regain Endurance as well as Willpower just the same as health and mana. Willpower regeneration should be effected by meditation, and Endurance might be just completely governed by level or something. The only thing is, I wouldn't want to have players just sitting around doing nothing so they can adventure, I wanted it to be more for in dungeons and such, but it SHOULD still function in the same way for realism, there are a few kinks there. When you run out of Endurance you start moving extremely slowly, as if you were almost unable to move with from encumbrance. If you continue like this the Endurance bar will start getting red, and if it fills all the way with red you collapse and find yourself back at a church or the temple of life. With Willpower, you'll move like you were just over the first encumbrance bar and you can't cast spells. Also, I think this would help stop item hoarding as well, as the more you carry, the faster your endurance drains, from moving especially. I put that somewhere in there, didn't I? Oh well, I'll just have to integrate all that stuff.

Last edited by Zeofar : 08-23-2007 at 12:44 AM.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:22 AM

quijote has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I will never like this idea. I don't want to stop adventuring whilst fully in the mood. God why can't it just stay the way it is.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:25 AM

WyvernXa has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by quijote View Post
I will never like this idea. I don't want to stop adventuring whilst fully in the mood. God why can't it just stay the way it is.
You shouldn't worry so much. None of these ideas will ever be implemented.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyvernXa View Post
You shouldn't worry so much. None of these ideas will ever be implemented.
wasn't really worrying, perhaps mildly : p
Old 08-23-2007, 10:38 PM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand

Oh poor baby wants it to stay the way it was. Change happens, get use to it. What you really don't want to happen is the game to become more challenging, making it harder on you.

See, people want a challenge, but only one that they can actually do and beat. No one wants to fail at something and have to work for victory.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salkand View Post
Oh poor baby wants it to stay the way it was. Change happens, get use to it. What you really don't want to happen is the game to become more challenging, making it harder on you.

See, people want a challenge, but only one that they can actually do and beat. No one wants to fail at something and have to work for victory.

Challenging? Fine by me. But not challenging in this way please. What got up your behind(if you will), I was just voicing my opinion about THIS TYPE of change. Whoah here come the big men telling me about change and to get used to it. Don't get ahead of yourself.

Though I really am sorry for not expressing myself clearly enough.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:35 AM

Hamel has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I'm starting to think that too many bars would clutter up the client.
The willpower bar seems unnecessary to me, perhaps you could get rid of willpower and make casting spells cost endurance? But wait isn't there already SP that you use when casting spells?

And what on earth do you mean by "Item hoarding"?

Last edited by Hamel : 08-24-2007 at 09:39 AM.