Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 07-07-2007, 09:22 PM
Player Mod

Clubbz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Alignment....

Idea 1

Before I get into explaining this idea, I would just like to say I do not think this would necasarily affect overall gameplay, or really intend for this to be added at some point. This is just an Idea I thought of and figured I'd post it.

Ok,so a lot of people complain that keeping alignment on the bad side and rding don't work.....actually killing a lot of things with bad alignment only ruins it. My solution to this would be changing alignment from being affected by what you kill, instead being affected by mini-quests. These things have to be nowhere near spectacular, they could just be simple things such as delivering a letter(good), or stealing something of importance for someone(bad).

The way I think it could work is there could be several mini-quests for each alignment in the wyvern world. Players have to search out these places and choose which alignment they want and do those tasks. For each of these "mini-quests" that a player completes, their alignment moves one title in the direction of the alignment the quest was meant for.

Yes I know this would be a lot of work, which is why I stated previously that I don't actual for this idea to be put to use....I just wanted feedback as to what you guys think.

Idea 2

This is another idea I thought of while typing out the previous idea, again, I do not intend for this idea to be put to use. In fact this idea is even more complex, I just like the way it sounds.

This idea sort of branches off of the above idea. My actual idea was to split the two alignments into a set of four alignment paths, which could possibly affect your gameplay. Instead of just have "good" and "evil" I was thinking more of:

Lawful- The tasks for this alignment would be tasks which would help kings, guards, and enforce the rules of kingdoms.(killing monsters, collecting "taxes", etc. )

Citizen- The tasks for this would consist of things that help out townsfolk and peasants.(delivering letters and such)

Mischievious- This alignments tasks would be things which are bad but not neccasarily disruptive or destructive.(stealing artifacts, planting a "trap" for gurads, etc.)

Destructive- This alignment would have tasks which while evil, are also very disruptive and destructive to townsfolk and such.(attacking a small village and other various things)

I was thinking for the mischievious and destructive alignments that for every "level" you are in that alignment there is a higher chance that a guard will try to arrest. Maybe 1% per level for mischievious and 2% per level for destructive.(say your the fourth level in the destructive level, everytime you enter a map controlled be laws you have a 8% chance of being attacked by a bounty hunter)

I haven't thought up a whole list of titles yet, but there should be ten titles per alignment. The titles i do have are in no particular order.

Lawful- obedient, enforcerer, Bounty Hunter, royal guard,

Citizen- citizen(duh), noble, peasant, (Wo)Man of the People,

Mischievious- Mischievious, outsider, outlaw,

Destructive- Lord of destruction, Warlord, Attacker,

I'll update this list of names and organize them into ranks if I can think of the rest.

Well that all for now.....I hope I didn't forget anything....If I did, I'll put it in later
Old 07-08-2007, 11:18 PM

Airwing has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

nice idea i would not mind this stuff