Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > General
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

General For serious discussions about general Wyvern topics.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:40 PM

Ghalen has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Hi All! Any news to this?

Hi All, Long time!

I saw this posted on http://www.arcadepod.com/games/details.php?id=3467

(Guest : Rhialto)
Saturday May 19, 2007 02:04 PM

Rating: No Rating

I'm sorry, but the wyvern server has been disbanded and there will be no further gameplay for "Wyvern RPG".

-Rhialto

Just wondering if this was true??
Old 05-23-2007, 10:49 PM

Nightswift has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Cool

Its false it was just some loser posing as him under a guest name.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:51 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

That's funny...Um, let's see where to begin...Rhialto most certainly didn't post anything on arcadepod, I doubt he even knows it exists (someone he knows personally went around promoting Wyvern and she may have been the one to post it there). Also, he doesn't really make any effort to update you guys at all, but he knows that the wizards make an effort to post all the updates that they receive from him on these forums, so if he wanted to make an announcement all he'd have to do is email us rather than go to arcadepod. Speaking of which, I've heard from him within the last few days and I can confirm that while the game may be down for a few more months there is no chance that it will never return.

Oh and the game isn't called "Wyvern Rpg," it's just called "Wyvern." I don't know who used the "Wyvern Rpg" title for arcadepod, but Rhialto has never once called it that, it's not called that anywhere on the official site, and it's not called that anywhere else on the web. One more thing: You have to have an account to register your game on arcadepod. The only way Rhialto would know that arcadepod existed is if he was the one to make that account and so if he did that and he wanted to make an official announcement there () he wouldn't be posting from a guest account.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:02 PM

Ghalen has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Hmm you say that Rhiatlo wouldn't even bother updating "Us" the players, why is that? You'd think he'd take the 2 minutes to send out a quick thanks or something to the folks that have enjoyed his game over the years. I mean, after all it's not just the Wizards that keep the game going. Your comment just struck me as odd. That's all...
Old 05-23-2007, 11:13 PM
Forum Admin

Well there's a lot that you missed out on which has already been discussed, but basically Rhialto originally told Teshuvah and myself that he would find another host for the website while the game server was being worked on so "at least there would be news." He dropped that completely though and the only reason anyone has been updated is because Teshuvah and I have updated players based on the emails he has sent us and because we have made a point to email him telling him that we would like for him to make a brief statement that we could fully copy onto the forums for you all to see. However, the bulk of the playerbase was lost when the website went down so failing to get the website back up for news, there's really no point for him to bother trying to update the few hundred players lurking on the forums (there were thousands of active to semi-active players when it went down). I have considered not doing it myself for that and other reasons, but in the end I have to moderate the forum (where as Rhialto never comes here) so I have to hear the sob stories of players and eventually it broke me down to the point where I felt so bad for them that I begun getting them updates.

Anyway, the only news that he posted which did not go through us was a very brief statement on his programming blog where he explained to his readers why he wasn't blogging lately and addressed Wyern players who might be listening.

Quote:
Another is that I have an obligation to get my computer game, Wyvern, back online: an obligation to some 50,000 players (out of 250,000 who've tried the game) that I dursn't easily turn my back on. Plus I have some pretty cool stuff in store there, for you Wyverneers who may be listening. Once I get this Google project reasonably secured, that is.
As you can see it's very brief and really says nothing much.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:45 AM

dermatolith has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

it does say 'dursn't'... can't quite get that word out of my head...
Old 05-24-2007, 04:14 PM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand

Oh Oh OH. Arilou, on your next email to Rhialto tell him that Salkand Said Hi. Using this smile face.

You must promise!!!!!!
Old 05-24-2007, 04:22 PM

Bullfrogz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Bullfrogz Send a message via MSN to Bullfrogz

Because the knowlege salkand is still hanging around waiting for the game, will really motiviate him to bring it up faster.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:09 PM

Salkand has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Salkand

Naturally!!
Old 05-24-2007, 07:10 PM

dorion has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghalen View Post
Hmm you say that Rhiatlo wouldn't even bother updating "Us" the players, why is that? You'd think he'd take the 2 minutes to send out a quick thanks or something to the folks that have enjoyed his game over the years. I mean, after all it's not just the Wizards that keep the game going. Your comment just struck me as odd. That's all...
It strikes me as odd that you think that we players are really that important. Yeah we contributed, but most was probably to the bill he paid every month while we gobbled up bandwidth.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:01 AM
Player Mod

Clubbz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I don't even know why a topic was made about this. Did you really think Rhialto would go to some random game site where wyvern is featured and post that the game isn't coming back, use some common sense, if there was going to be a message like that of any sort he wouldn't just post it at a random site where people who still care about wyvern aren't likely to find it. From past information he would most likely e-mail Arilou or Tesh giving them the message it's not coming back, and they would respond by either informing us then shutting down the forums, or by shutting down the forums point blank. As arilou has stated before Rhialto has never had an account on any of the wyvern forums, so the chance of him posting the message himself is highly unlikely.

I think I may have started rambling.....but to sum it up, he would not of posted it on some random site(especially a message that serious) he would have gotten it to one of the wizzies who in there own way would inform us....
Old 05-25-2007, 07:30 PM
Forum Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clubbz View Post
As arilou has stated before Rhialto has never had an account on any of the wyvern forums, so the chance of him posting the message himself is highly unlikely.
Well actually I never said that because Rhialto had an account on Peach's original forum and actually posted once. However, this was when he was more active and got a bit more easily excited about players making forums, fan sites, etc. It was also shortly after he started a topic (on the wizard's forum) to discuss making a player forum. Since then he has never made an account on any other forum and I can assure you that he doesn't bother reading anything you guys say.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:54 PM

Logwad has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Logwad Send a message via MSN to Logwad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arilou View Post
... I can assure you that he doesn't bother reading anything you guys say.
He sure is missing out on a lot of intellectual stimulation.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:29 PM

Lanterra has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arilou View Post
Well there's a lot that you missed out on which has already been discussed, but basically Rhialto originally told Teshuvah and myself that he would find another host for the website while the game server was being worked on so "at least there would be news." He dropped that completely though and the only reason anyone has been updated is because Teshuvah and I have updated players based on the emails he has sent us and because we have made a point to email him telling him that we would like for him to make a brief statement that we could fully copy onto the forums for you all to see. However, the bulk of the playerbase was lost when the website went down so failing to get the website back up for news, there's really no point for him to bother trying to update the few hundred players lurking on the forums (there were thousands of active to semi-active players when it went down). I have considered not doing it myself for that and other reasons, but in the end I have to moderate the forum (where as Rhialto never comes here) so I have to hear the sob stories of players and eventually it broke me down to the point where I felt so bad for them that I begun getting them updates.

Anyway, the only news that he posted which did not go through us was a very brief statement on his programming blog where he explained to his readers why he wasn't blogging lately and addressed Wyern players who might be listing.

As you can see it's very brief an really says nothing much.
Well, I don't know about for the others, but personally, I'm glad you're keeping us updated. Thank you.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:07 AM

Valdor the Great has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to Valdor the Great

I just wanted to ask a question without making a post for it.

-How long has the game been down?

I sure do miss it..
Old 06-03-2007, 10:20 AM

Nightswift has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Cool

It went down the 1st or second week of september so you do the math
Old 06-03-2007, 10:02 PM

Hamel has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

um, it went down in july...
Old 06-04-2007, 03:35 AM

quijote has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamel View Post
um, it went down in july...
no, definitely september.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:21 AM
Weezerd

Contrare has disabled reputation

Try looking at the announcements, you can tell the exact date it was taken down.

Contrare
Old 06-04-2007, 11:39 PM

Jackolantir has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Jackolantir Send a message via MSN to Jackolantir Send a message via Yahoo to Jackolantir Send a message via Skype™ to Jackolantir

It will be up soon. Rhialto found a server to host Wyvern, right? The wizards have received work, too, yea? Yea... Anyways...