Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > General
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General For serious discussions about general Wyvern topics.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:29 PM

Huggz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Well, I disagree with most of what you have said, but thanks at least for taking the time to answer so thoroughly and politely. It is a shame that what I see as wrong decisions have been made, but it isn't my game to manage. Thanks, and bye.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:19 PM
Player Mod

Clubbz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I find it funny how you actually think you're right Huggz. Many people have solved Jewel of Besar, many older than me, many younger. However just because I'm unable to solve it I don't go on a rant about how the game is broken. You're mind is broken, all of the active quests are indeed solvable, and if you can't solve it, its not the quest thats the problem.

The wizards work harder than the game even deserves, they do all that they do for free, and add the changes that need to be added. Not to mention, the direction the game is going, and the rules that are in place are what Rhialto wanted in place. Everyone whine's that 'This rule is stupid' or 'That rule isn't right', but frankly, what you think about the rules and updates mean's very little. The rules are the rules, and if you don't like them, then leave. As for the updates and the direction the game is heading, pay attention, whenever the wizards release and update that makes large changes to the game, they watch how it affects players and look for input onto how to better balance it. Does this mean all the ideas that people have get implemented into balancing an update out? No, but they do listen to more of an extent than they even need to.

If you can't be grateful for Wyvern as it is, then simply don't play. It's free, it is what it is.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:50 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggz View Post
I'm pretty sure if you asked everyone who has done Jewel of Besar, very few will say it was fun. I am all for challenging quests but there is a difference between genuinely challenging and spending 2 hours trying to work out the right phrase to say to someone to continue with the quest. It frustrates me because Wyvern could be great, and popular, but it seems like the Wizard's ridiculous policies preven it from being so, and whenever you complain they insinuate that you are some kind of dribbling retard who deep down wants to be playing Modern Warfare 2 with God mode and infinite ammo. If I didn't like the mechanics and style of Wyvern, I wouldn't keep coming back, but if it wasn't for all the pointless rules, I wouldn't keep leaving. And as for the rule about not swearing, it's funny that you are telling me that I am too retarded to play this game and yet you expect children to play it. If children could play this game, they would have to be a genuine genius.

It seems to me that the Wizards could benefit from reading some books on game design - this one is good, and actually listening to the players rather than pretending they know what they are doing and can never be wrong.
Actually I get compliments on JOB all the time after they solve it and they realize how easy it was lol They love it.

You haven't played in years by your own words. So you really don't have any idea how the game is now. No one said you were retarded at all, just that this may not be the game for you. But again, you havent played in years, so you really have no way of knowing if thats true or not.
We do listen to players, we are players and we get input from players who are testing for us all the time and implement it.
But again.. you havent played in years and have absolutely no idea what the game is like now.
You are still using the same old arguments that were here 7 years ago when no changes were being done at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggz View Post
Well, I disagree with most of what you have said, but thanks at least for taking the time to answer so thoroughly and politely. It is a shame that what I see as wrong decisions have been made, but it isn't my game to manage. Thanks, and bye.
As I told you yesterday, when you returned after years away, make a new character, relearn the game. You have no idea what its like out there anymore, the players that have stayed around do and they can help you relearn.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:15 AM
Player Mod

Irlazy has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default CounterRant!!

Ok well looks like another case of the ole "I claim to like this game but hate how its run and developed"itis. All I can say is this, the game is unique. The way its run, the way it plays, the way we all really do have a say in the development of the game. Everyone complains that the wizzies always shoot them down and say they have stupid ideas and never listen to them. Well I can say for sure that they do listen and they do consider non outrageous ideas. Just because one is harsh in saying that some ones idea is a no go doesn't mean they aren't listening and it doesn't mean we as the players aren't contributing good ideas to the wizards that they either use or use a variation of what the idea was.

And as for the questing I have solved several quests and can say for a fact that when I beat a Tesh quest in particular I kick myself. It isn't easy per say, but it is always all there. If you pay attention and talk to NPC's I guarantee you will solve her quests with a little perseverance. I'm not saying you will get it on the first try and I'm not saying you won't die but throwing your hands up and saying I give up won't get you far that's for sure.

And finally as for the rule I am happy with them. I like getting on the game and not seeing people spamming rude obscenities all the time like I get when playing on XBL or on other games out there. It is nice to see a smallish happy community where people aren't at each others throats. The only reason this is possible is because the people who are the ones who are always harassing others either leave when they find out they are restricted in what they can say and what they are allowed to talk about, or the people mature and obey the rules without a problem.

Also it seems as everyone is calling this game an MMORPG and honestly I have always viewed a MMO as a much larger player base. This game is a role playing game yes. This game is a multi user dungeon yes. The game is massive with all the areas to explore yes. However MMO doesn't really seem to fit the term of what most MMO's are and being thus I don't think that comparing this game to "other" MMO's like WoW and all that is even remotely valid. Compare it with other text based adventures or other games with a role playing aspect sure but keep it in context. This game and WoW type games can't even draw comparisons as there are so few real similarities.

The final part of my counter rant is about the comments on the lack of area development. I will keep this simple. If you want a game where you wanna grind in one area for 10 levels and move on go play another game. Arilou has given people links before to find other games more suited to players preferences look one of them up. Heck I'll help you out and name off a few I have played and enjoyed. Try Shaiya, or Perfect World, or Battle of the Immortals. They are solid games though linear with area progression and player progression going in a straight line with nothing fancy to explore or hidden areas. If you want to explore and find hidden areas then play Wyvern.

All in all my point in all this is no one is keeping you here and no one is telling you to leave, but this game when it comes to rules, questing, and development don't look like they are gonna change and rather then complaining about the few things that you have no control over how about offering insightful feedback and helpful ideas. Anyway I guess I'm done ranting now and please don't take this the wrong way. My intentions here weren't to flame/bash/troll anyone or their ideas I was merely stating my opinions on the recent string of posts on here.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:19 AM

Machuno Besar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Another game you might also like with linear progression is Robot Unicorn Attack. Check it out!
Old 08-01-2010, 01:43 AM

Bouncefox has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I really want to add my two cents here.

Those who have already posted are right - questing isn't for everyone. And I'm one of those people who quests aren't for. It's true, I need to learn them to guild, but I'll stick with the Monks and Mages guild. I can solve those, at least. However long it takes, I'll solve them. You should've seen when I first solved Mist Temple on Katsumaru. I was ecstatic. Same with Samhoc on Enseru. I think some players would scoff at me for getting so happy because I solved those quests. And it took me days, at that. Determination ftw.

Now, it's true, I did leave because of the second (?) healing nerf, which would force me to find a new way of gameplay for Nagas. But I did come back out of curiosity, just to see how the game was doing. The visits grew longer, and now lookie; I'm slowly getting back into my habits of coming on at four in the morning.

I guess I'm just really echoing the others here. Wyvern may be frustrating and challenging, but that's the fun part. As fun as tanking might be, it gets boring eventually, which then leads to leaving. Ya know? I really like the creative spin Wyvern has on it, and those who like the game should probably see this spin on things too.

Jee...all in all, Wyvern is fun in its own way. I guess some people can't see that sometimes. But that's fine. The people who posted before me are right; Wyvern isn't for everyone.

/rant.

Enseru the Pixie Hall of Famer (level 25)
Katsumaru the Naga Hall of Famer (level 27)
Kazuki the Human Sorcerer (level 18)
Kotone the Naga Adventuress (level 8)
Old 08-15-2010, 11:08 PM

Shootout has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Wyvern is a certain type of fun that I have to be in a certain type of mood to want to play. I'm not surprised that people are frustrated by some aspects of it. However, it really is a different type of game than many others out there and I think all critiques have to take that into account. This is not World of Warcraft or MapleStory, and it will never be.