Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Miscellaneous
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Miscellaneous For anything related to Wyvern that does not fit into the other forums (this is not a place to goof off and post whatever nonsense comes to mind).

Old 11-06-2009, 12:53 PM

Beckhan has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Bow and arrow Wow.. everything's so different

I'm not even sure where to start. The school I work at is shut down for H1N1 paranoia day and the wife and little ones are all out.. That leaves me with absolutely nothing I have to do for the next three hours. So I log into Wyvern and find like a gabillion changes so I am going to spend the rest of my afternoon figuring this stuff out.

Looks like Archers have been given two very important changes! 1. Dungeons don't spawn on staircases. 2. Enchanted Bows actually work. Cheers! Ima go shoot something now.. oh wait no I'm not... I'm going to drunkenly search for food for the next half hour.

Anyway, thanks for all the hard work wizards, I've enjoyed this game so much in the past, can't wait to see what tricks, traps and puzzles have been added.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:37 PM

Bow and arrow

Followup:
So I went on a binge of playing for a few days back when I posted the above note. I died. Then I used my res scroll.. ?? No longer a res scroll. Bummer. Used my nerf scroll to get some xp back and proptly died again. Both times to fire. Like what? Wow. BAD fire. Was not expecting that one. All in all I lost half my XP in just a few days.

Gehh...

This game is too difficult for me. I'm not gonna say it's unbalanced or that the wizes did not work hard enough or listen intently enough or plan well enough . They rock. I'm putting this one squarely on my inabillity to be patient or smart enough to actually gain an appreciable increase in xp to make any inroads on obtaining my HOF level. I swear.. If I ever made one more level I would never care about XP again I would just play for fun and die as often as I pleased. But this last level is nagging me like a bad toothache. I believe I will never obtain my final level for HOF. But I will pop back in from time to time just to play around.

So cya then.
Peace.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:43 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckhan View Post
Followup:
So I went on a binge of playing for a few days back when I posted the above note. I died. Then I used my res scroll.. ?? No longer a res scroll. Bummer. Used my nerf scroll to get some xp back and proptly died again. Both times to fire. Like what? Wow. BAD fire. Was not expecting that one. All in all I lost half my XP in just a few days.

Gehh...

This game is too difficult for me. I'm not gonna say it's unbalanced or that the wizes did not work hard enough or listen intently enough or plan well enough . They rock. I'm putting this one squarely on my inabillity to be patient or smart enough to actually gain an appreciable increase in xp to make any inroads on obtaining my HOF level. I swear.. If I ever made one more level I would never care about XP again I would just play for fun and die as often as I pleased. But this last level is nagging me like a bad toothache. I believe I will never obtain my final level for HOF. But I will pop back in from time to time just to play around.

So cya then.
Peace.
First, the game is very different. So if you try to play with your old set up you are going to definitely have struggles. No doubt in that. You can't play the way you used to. Totally new way of doing things now.
Spirit Travel is a must-have now a days, as it always should have been.
It allows you to decide how much XP you lose. Most players now a days run around with at least 10 or so.
So Id recommend you start a new character and re-learn the game, it will help you adapt and then you'll do fine.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:00 PM
Player Mod

Rarkvar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

And possibly read all of the updates. You probably would have seen where scrolls give less resistance and fireball destroys...
Old 03-20-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teshuvah View Post
First, the game is very different. So if you try to play with your old set up you are going to definitely have struggles. No doubt in that. You can't play the way you used to. Totally new way of doing things now.
Spirit Travel is a must-have now a days, as it always should have been.
It allows you to decide how much XP you lose. Most players now a days run around with at least 10 or so.
So Id recommend you start a new character and re-learn the game, it will help you adapt and then you'll do fine.
Not a bad idea, I think I will do that this summer. It'll give me a chance to explore all the new areas as well.