Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Wyvern Development
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wyvern Development Here you can discuss anything and everything involving creating your own content for Wyvern. Have a problem with an arch file or a map? Want to show off something you've been working on? If so this is the place for you.

Old 01-20-2015, 02:42 AM

Enerath has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default Game art inspired by Wyvern

Well, it's been roughly four or five years now, and it seems my thirteen year old dreams of "becuhming wizurd" are gone. I've been dedicating my time to programming and spriting, and would like to put some of my art up for critique. It's not the exact style as Wyvern at all, a little more cartoon-y, but hopefully it isn't too painful on the eyes.

Update: 1/21/2015
I attempted to make this the same style as Wyvern's characters. I actually used the same palette from my very first character, the male mage, to make this one's clothing.

Will work on changing the splash screen.

Last edited by Enerath : 01-22-2015 at 01:37 AM. Reason: adding more content
Old 01-20-2015, 07:49 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Concerning the purple mage creature - I'd suggest giving it a hood (or at least a hat) to distinguish between the darkness of his face and the darkness of the background. It would also make more sense that way - You seem to be able to see the (bone?) hands, so I'm uncertain as to why it has no face as things stand. However, if its face was hidden under a hood then the darkness would work.

Also, I'd try making the shade of red in the center of its eyes lighter than the shade of red around it and work a bit more on the staff wielding hand (it looks quite awkward).
Old 02-15-2015, 02:14 PM
Player Mod

Nodlove has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

The right arm (our left) of the wizard character at the bottom looks a little rigid - try making it look like his elbow is a little bent, perhaps?
Old 09-01-2015, 06:20 PM

SlothyJoe has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Hey man you still frequent the forums by chance? I'm looking to create a wyvern like program, and one of the breaking parts is in game art. Would you be interested in helping on this?
Old 11-22-2015, 11:39 AM

Enerath has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Hey all, thanks for the critique. I've been busy with the military and all so I haven't been able to pop in.

Slothy, I'm not the best artist out there, far from it, but if you'd like I can see what I can do in my spare time. PM me what you need.