Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Wyvern Help
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

Wyvern Help Ask, answer, and provide information regarding the game or forum.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:53 PM

Ellavyn has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default general question

Hey guys, just wondering, im gonna make a stonie caveman, so what kind of rings shoul i wear? Gpro? Also, while on this topic, what should I wear for rings in every character? I know it depends on your build and way you play, but I was wondering if you guys can just give a few items/rings that would help out any build. Thanks
Old 09-01-2008, 03:01 PM

peacemaster has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to peacemaster

as you said yourself... the rings depend on your build and character. In general, you try to get the things you lack with the use of rings. So a mage can use a ring of giant strength to get some strength, so that he does not need to train as much/any, or a ring of omnimagic if he can get his hands on one for the lack of money. A stone giant caveman might want to use a ring of enhanced protection or perhaps rings of fire resist or even the mentioned greater protection if he wishes to rd at lower levels.
Take rings as a bonus to make your training easier. make a build and look how you could improve it. You will be changing things around as you level up, but the rings you can get might eventually get useful again.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:23 PM
Player Mod

Jacksparow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

The rings you want to use all depend on many factors.

Do you have an efficient way of healing. if so you can use more movement reducing rings, because you can outheal most damage (spell healers).

But if you are a potion healer I would recommend getting more resistance rings then movement reducing rings, or if you are a spell healer and wish to use potions for free action and so forth. Then use that.

Since you're a Stone giant. If you have many pieces of platinum armor then I would highly suggest investing the time to get a ring of enhanced protection.

Suggested rings for certain things

ring of fire resist x2. RD grinding for someone who will use potions for free action, and doesn't have many platinum items/time to get e-pro ring.

E-Pro ring + Free action rings. someone who can heal effectively and has platinum pieces.

E-Pro ring + Fire resist ring. Someone who has platinum items, and wishes to use more time watching for Free action pots to expire, or prefers to be safe about damage, then about how fast they're moving along.

Well that's just my 2 cents on what you can expect. These are mostly basic RDing ring sets, because that's what most people infer when they ask for rings. But if you have a different use in mind for what you're going to do then don't hesitate to ask.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:54 AM

themadhobo has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

if you want to make the game more fun, wear 2x ring of akcire!