Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 01-02-2008, 08:20 AM

fikolmij has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Wink My General Ideas

Firstly - Non Exclusive guilds and sects.

A non-exclusive guild would be nice for blacksmiths, perhaps with even a small blacksmith boost as this is almost useless to anyone but blacksmiths. Obviously cost of joining is negotiable but I think it should perhaps be something like (level of char * 10000gp) and get a +1 or +2 bonus in blacksmith and maybe a small oratory bonus.

I also think some form of religious sects would be pretty cool in game. It would allow for a monster to be aggressive or not dependant on the Religious sect you are part of, allowing for whole new training and quest areas based around a storyline. Obviously Paladins are banned from joining anything purely evil, but the rest of this idea is open for general interpretation. Might be handy to add this instead of player run clans for now as it will be controlled by the wizards. Would allow for religious wars in wyvern and other fun inter sect games.

Secondly - Apothecary skill

(Probably suggested before but can't really remember)
An apothecary skill for potion making, with such a large reagents base in Wyvern it seems a shame to use them just for spells. Obviously the Wizzes would need to sit down and discuss levels certain potions become available, and of course it should be approached with caution and be balanced on the weak side to start so as not to flood the market with elixirs at 500gp each or something silly.

Thirdly - Shopping for cheap things

A shop which will sell on demand items. Now I know that some of the fun of wyvern involves searching the shops for what you need (and I myself love hunting for decent agi gear). But those really cheap scrolls and a few other bits and pieces could be setup in a shop that sells at perhaps 200%-300% of normal shop price but will have unending supplies of certain products (resist scrolls, potions of bravery, mana potions etc etc etc) I think perhaps reagents should be banned from this list. At least until someone has repriced the reagents in line with Wyverns economy.

Fourthly - The Economy

Some form of council for the economy. As with all online RPGs the economy fluctuates as certain things become more or less common. We also know the only real way to keep an economy stable is to tax certain transactions and keep the prices changing in line with supply and demand. Perhaps we could tax all sales in NVA say like 1%, then every other week Wyvern has a lotto draw to see who gets the money.
As for the economy it would of course needs Wizards and HIGHLY trusted players (if such a thing exists) to be in constant contact over price changes. Perhaps maybe setting up a private forum or section in the Wiz forums.

Comments welcomed, critical or not.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:11 AM

quijote has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

The economy idea is simply asking too much from the wizards and I doubt any ableminded economists want to spend time dealing with price fluctuations. I quite like the shop idea but then again I'm rather content with the current situation where you have to race for scrolls etc.

I really do like the apothecary skill and I wouldn't mind carrying it further in creating a whole new alchemist class a bit based on the current summoner. Being able to make potions, even new ones for fighting like potions of destruction, summon, etc. That's what the alchemists in RO are kind of like.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:05 AM

fikolmij has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

The point of the matter is once you find the balance the only things that will need to be conferred over is new additions to the game. Currently pricing has no balance (as no-ones ever sat down with everyone else and decided a decent price for anything), people keep hold of items they can't use just because of what it is and what the maximum they can sell it for.

I'm fairly sure as an example Diamond Swords and Massive Diamond Swords were never intended to be for sale at 10k each to players. If the economy is to support some form of min/max pricing then the pricing needs to be correct in line with the rest of the economy.

Sure it will take some time and will definately need input from players on prices in the market today, and what they should be to support a decent economy. But once there everyone will be able to make their 2 pennies.
The only people ever likely to complain are HOF's.... But don't we complain about any change
Old 01-02-2008, 11:12 AM

CasualCrisis has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Unlimited resist scrolls already exist.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:25 PM

quijote has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by fikolmij View Post
The point of the matter is once you find the balance the only things that will need to be conferred over is new additions to the game. Currently pricing has no balance (as no-ones ever sat down with everyone else and decided a decent price for anything), people keep hold of items they can't use just because of what it is and what the maximum they can sell it for.

I'm fairly sure as an example Diamond Swords and Massive Diamond Swords were never intended to be for sale at 10k each to players. If the economy is to support some form of min/max pricing then the pricing needs to be correct in line with the rest of the economy.

Sure it will take some time and will definately need input from players on prices in the market today, and what they should be to support a decent economy. But once there everyone will be able to make their 2 pennies.
The only people ever likely to complain are HOF's.... But don't we complain about any change
Well if you talk about diamond swords then there already is a min/max system. I do agree with you on the point that some prices are way off and just like you said, people hold onto stuff that they don't really need simply because they can't sell them at a price that's high enough. I would suggest rethinking some max prices (maybe some mins too) for stuff like rings of melee resistance. BUT then again in a situation like that everybody might soon be running around with items that are substantially hard to get. I quite like how challenging it is (for people without contacts) to get really rare stuff. And this coming from a person who has never owned an LQ prize, save for the occasional ring of nothingness of course.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:06 PM

Tanm has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

re:Apothecary Skill

I *strongly* suggest you take a look at Crossfire (http://www.crossfire.real-time.com/), which was part of the basis for Wyvern. While not perfect, the game entertained me for some of the 15 months that Wyvern was down. While it is fraught with things you may (rightly) consider to be unbalanced and/or not as good as Wyvern, one thing it has is a fully functioning, massive alchemy system. It consists of several different branches (alchemy, woodsman[food creation], tanning, smithing, bowyery, jewelery, thaumaturgy[wand/rod creation]) and a large amount of recipes. Recipes contain common items, or sometimes not so common items, anything from booze bottles to unicorn horns to dragon hearts, and are found mostly randomly.

I certainly do not suggest that this system be copied directly, or even at all. But if you want to organize a full-fledged apothecary skill idea, this is something that might inspire you.