Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Off Topic
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Discuss anything unrelated to Wyvern here, within reason.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:06 PM

Bullfrogz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Bullfrogz Send a message via MSN to Bullfrogz
Default Guild Wars 2

Will you be playing?

What class: Guardian, Theif, Engineer, Elementalist, Ranger, Warrior, Necromancer, Mesmer.

What Race: Human, Charr, Norn, Asura, Sylvari.

What Server: Not officially announced, but assuming all beta weekend servers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally I finally decided on a Charr Guardian. I, as well as a bunch of friends from in real life and Wyvern of years past, will be playing on the server Fort Aspenwood. You are all welcome to join a guild with us if you aren't annoying.

I'm real excited for the game. Everything looks fresh and very well done. It is the first MMO 2.0 in my opinion. If you have any questions about the game feel free to ask, I played the beta weekends. Basically I'm bored and excited for the game and feel like talking about it.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:36 PM
Player Mod

Clubbz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Personally I won't be playing. Nothing against the game in particular, but as far as my recreational time goes, I'm rather swamped with unfinished games and new releases. I still haven't even finished Starcraft 2 yet, I have to play Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 still, I've yet to really play Heroes 6 even though I've had it for ages, among several others for my PC.

Aside from the PC I still have oodles to play, Kingdom Hearts for the 3ds(actually the older ones for the DS as well), Etrian Odyssey, Etrian Odyssey 2, Valkyria Chronicles 2, Final Fantasy 4 The complete collection. Holy, I can't even name all the portable titles I have still unfinished, not to mention I still have a throng of PS3 titles to whittle down, as well as eagerly awaiting Borderlands 2(come on september!).

People think I'm joking when I say it, but the reality is, I probably own more Video games than the majority of the people who use this forum own in clothing. I've actually run out of shelving space for all my games.

Haha, anyways sorry to ramble aimlessly, I'll restate my summed up answer though: No, I probably won't be playing it.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:15 AM
Player Mod

Dracco has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I'll have a new computer in October so I'll probably check it out even though I'll be a bit late to the party.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:39 AM

Best thing about the game is you can be as late as you want and its no disadvantage. There is no gear tread mill and you can level yourself to max level with equal gear and stats temporally if you want to do competitive PvP.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:57 PM

Kama has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullfrogz View Post
Best thing about the game is you can be as late as you want and its no disadvantage. There is no gear tread mill and you can level yourself to max level with equal gear and stats temporally if you want to do competitive PvP.
No gear treadmill? That actually sounds quite refreshing.

I've read a bit about Guild Wars 2, and it looks interesting, but unfortunately I'm in the same situation as Clubbz at the moment. 50 games on my Steam account alone, most of them sorely neglected..
Old 08-09-2012, 03:48 AM
Player Mod

Jacksparow has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Hahahaha had this preordered months ago. I played guildwars 1 since it was in Beta, and plan to keep the "prestigous" name that I aquired though playing so long ago (The Lord). Just like how he played healer role in GW1 (monk), I'll end up making him the healer role in GW2 (guardian).

Long story Short. Heck Yes I will be playing.

Guardian
Asuran
Yak's Bend

Last edited by Jacksparow : 08-09-2012 at 03:53 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:51 PM
Player Mod

I have zero experience with Guild Wars 2 and my knowledge of it is next to zero but from the bit of information I looked at this morning I'll probably be a Norn Necromancer.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post
Hahahaha had this preordered months ago. I played guildwars 1 since it was in Beta, and plan to keep the "prestigous" name that I aquired though playing so long ago (The Lord). Just like how he played healer role in GW1 (monk), I'll end up making him the healer role in GW2 (guardian).

Long story Short. Heck Yes I will be playing.

Guardian
Asuran
Yak's Bend
While you can spec for support with you traits and armor you can't just be heals. There is no holy trinity (tank, healer, dps) in this game.

I plan to also run a support guardian by building more survivable with traits that give allies buffs and some heals. I'll be making much use of the insane crowd control they have.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:38 PM

Cuchulain has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I'll definitely be playing. Currently know just a few people that I'll be able to play with and am looking for more. I have a few things that I'm thinking of playing, Thief for sure which was my first choice, but then now a few others are interesting me, especially after swapping between classes to try things out in PvP, which I want to get into.

Necro worked pretty well for me but Guardians are quite fun. Hammer guardians were almost too fun, using banish to smack away downed targets away from allies trying to finish them off is hilarious, as well as using the spirit hammer and making people your baseball. Necros are definitely strong though, corrupt boon, plague signet and epidemic lets you just smack teams hard by spreading 10 bleeding or more easily and many other conditions in a huge aoe as well as ripping boons from your target. Not to mention the flesh golem charge to knock back targets in a huge line serves as good CC AND it applies cripple on atks making it great for holding the trebuchet at Kyhlo as your elite.

I'm going to be trying to get into more competitive PvP but haven't even joined in any guilds that are up before launch yet though so I'm not sure how that's going to go, prob just start by stomping people in pubs.

Last edited by Cuchulain : 08-09-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:01 AM
Player Mod

Halloween has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I've looked at GW2, and I am currently on the fence. I'll make my final decision on whether or not to purchase the game based on reviews from friends and my level of interest at that time.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:31 AM
Player Mod

Frogz I know about no direct healing, but guardians have the most indirect healing in the game, and I just want to have a midget that's invincible. hence why I'm going with an Asuran Guardian. during my half year stint in wow I played a Gnome Deathknight, and thought it was hilarious having the smallest guy in the raid being the tank and have the most HP.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuchulain View Post
I'll definitely be playing. Currently know just a few people that I'll be able to play with and am looking for more. I have a few things that I'm thinking of playing, Thief for sure which was my first choice, but then now a few others are interesting me, especially after swapping between classes to try things out in PvP, which I want to get into.

Necro worked pretty well for me but Guardians are quite fun. Hammer guardians were almost too fun, using banish to smack away downed targets away from allies trying to finish them off is hilarious, as well as using the spirit hammer and making people your baseball. Necros are definitely strong though, corrupt boon, plague signet and epidemic lets you just smack teams hard by spreading 10 bleeding or more easily and many other conditions in a huge aoe as well as ripping boons from your target. Not to mention the flesh golem charge to knock back targets in a huge line serves as good CC AND it applies cripple on atks making it great for holding the trebuchet at Kyhlo as your elite.

I'm going to be trying to get into more competitive PvP but haven't even joined in any guilds that are up before launch yet though so I'm not sure how that's going to go, prob just start by stomping people in pubs.
I haven't joined a competitive PvP guild either but I am also looking to get into it. Right now it is Mr and a lot of real life friends and some ex wyverneers in our own guild on Fort Aspenwood. We are going to do a lot of PvP so you're welcome to join. Since you can be in multiple guild I plan to apply for a more competitive PvP guild after I get better. But your right, hammer guardians were fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post
Frogz I know about no direct healing, but guardians have the most indirect healing in the game, and I just want to have a midget that's invincible. hence why I'm going with an Asuran Guardian. during my half year stint in wow I played a Gnome Deathknight, and thought it was hilarious having the smallest guy in the raid being the tank and have the most HP.
I'm on my phone sorry about multiple posts. I usually tend to agree with you and always run the midget race, but the armor in this game is do beautiful that I felt it was wasted on such a small framed race like the halflings... err I mean Asura.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:55 PM

Cuchulain has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Release tomorrow night guys, what world will you be playing, etc?
Old 08-25-2012, 12:18 AM

Servers are up for head start players. We are on Northern Shivepeaks now if you want to join. Server transfers are free for a week.

EDIT: Still on Fort Aspenwood with Blackbeard now.

Last edited by Bullfrogz : 08-31-2012 at 12:44 PM.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:28 AM
Player Mod

already joined fort aspenwood since that was the original plan. name is "the lord".
Old 08-25-2012, 08:12 AM

Server transfers are free if you wanna come over.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:35 PM
Player Mod

nah already have a guild set up with friends and so forth on this one. its working on a guild bank right now.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:12 PM
Player Mod

Still another 6 weeks before I get a PC that can run Guild Wars 2.

I'm piecing together my own selection of parts, hopefully it turns out well.

Last edited by Dracco : 08-25-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:15 PM

Penny has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to Penny

Hm I thought I had posted here already. I play on Black Gate but not often because nobody plays with me... The reason I started playing was because that's what everyone I knew irl wanted to play. O.o
Old 11-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Player Mod

Clubbz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Haha, I lied. I'm playing it now. I play on the gate of madness server. :P Don't really know anyone that plays it, but I'm coolio with it.