Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > General
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General For serious discussions about general Wyvern topics.

Old 09-20-2010, 12:09 PM

pruflas has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Default 3 years later....

It's been approximately 3 years since I left Wyvern, can I have my characters unbanned? I'm ready to play by the rules.

-Toe
-Pruflas
-Punchdrunk
-Javanite
-Courtneycox

Last edited by pruflas : 09-20-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:47 PM
Wizardess

Teshuvah has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruflas View Post
It's been approximately 3 years since I left Wyvern, can I have my characters unbanned? I'm ready to play by the rules.

-Toe
-Pruflas
-Punchdrunk
-Javanite
-Courtneycox
Apparently you arent since you didnt follow the forum rules *points to forum rules* This is not the place to discuss player punishments.

Feel free to ingame mail the wizard that banished your character. It should tell you who that is when you attempt to log in. If there was some mistake the wizard may reconsider your banishment, albeit unlikely. But discuss it with them in ingame mail.
At least one of the list you just gave isn't banished.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:47 PM

themadhobo has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Hey javanite, welcome back. There have been a crazy pile of changes in the last 3 years and to be honest, its almost impossible to jump on an old character and play well. If you want to really enjoy the game again your best bet is to start a fresh character and build some new strategies. Anyways, nice to see you around.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:22 PM

pruflas has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

@TheMadHobo

Yeah I heard a bunch of stuff got changed. I was just bored and figured maybe 3 years was long enough to have a banishment removed. I'm not dying to play or anything but I thought I'd at least see what the game is like after all this time.

Got a few friends who want to try the game, but I told them it might not be worth it with all the changes, so I came back to see firsthand.

If memory serves, the admins aren't too keen on unbanning people, so this was really just a big shot in the dark.

@Teshuvah

I just listed all my characters assuming they were all banned. Haven't actually tried logging in.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:32 PM

Ploog has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to Ploog

Pretty sure your paladins name was Pruflus >.> Not Pruflas. I have a weird memory like that for some reason. Anyways I got nothing else to add but that!

Edit: I lied, HI to you as well. I tried the game out recently, and it is definitely doable, just, to get setup again, it is a monster grind, and I don't mean killing things lol. Also finding items in the Auction House is hard as well, so be prepared to buy from shops.

Ask around for the changes, everything has been changed pretty much so don't be surprised when you are like O SNAP and can't do something you used to be able to, or something happens that never happened before. Main 2 things I can think of is Fear resist, and Unicorn Horns. Need more then just a simple spell or even a potion to prevent fear, and Unicorn Horns no longer recharge over time and are more expensive. 25k now and not 10k.

1 more thing. Always fly, it is the most annoying thing to NOT fly in the game anymore, just saying. "You are stuck in the pit - Keep Trying." Etc.

Last edited by Ploog : 09-21-2010 at 03:57 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:42 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploog View Post
1 more thing. Always fly, it is the most annoying thing to NOT fly in the game anymore, just saying. "You are stuck in the pit - Keep Trying." Etc.
You are stuck in the net - Keep trying.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arilou View Post
You are stuck in the net - Keep trying.
Yes, that one is equally as bad, as well as anything that resembles something like that. Pits, spiked pits, spider webs, what was it, Honey traps? I don't even remember all of them, but I do remember cursing a bit irl. Lol.

I lied again. It took me a few minutes or so to remember this, because I was already repressing these thoughts.

Starting off new again, with a very poor economy in game, meaning you will probably end up buying most of your gear from a store or finding it, and with all the changes, was very challenging, but there are a lot of easy fixes should you get those few precious items.

I will say this: Aside from now flying, and those..those traps, ugh...You need to avoid every spell in game, with 1 being at the very top in particular...Slow.

That spell had to have been redone or rethought up or something associated with Binyamin I would imagine, maybe Arilou. It slows you down, obviously, but also your attack speed. So not only are you a sitting duck, especially if you got slowed over something that makes you move slowly to begin with(like if you aren't flying, and you are on mud), you don't attack the mob but like once every 5 secs. It's pretty much like this. *gets slowed* *waits for death* That is about all you can do.

Also along with that, Rings of Free Action /sigh. They are not 5k gold anymore. They are the same price of an LQ ring haha, 150k. And it gets better. That ring won't even prevent you from being slowed all the time. You need something else as well, like a free action potion.

So here we have just 1 spell causing so much trouble already and a lot of mobs have it >.>' The money issue is another thing. Limited Mobility, spells like that preventing you from running past things. The early stages of gathering money is as follows: Collect 150g from a pile, collect an item worth 400 in a store(if you are lucky), collect 75silver, 50 silver, etc. That is where dieing comes into place. It isn't a bad thing to die anymore for money, because xp isn't the issue. Having 12 untrained skill points or more at level 10-11 with no real way to fix that AND get gear at the same time lol.

And also when I say spells, I mean all spells. Touch any spell, I dare you. It's a kick to the face, literally. You think you can survive maybe 1 or 2 hits. Nu uh. Not anymore lol.

Healing. You cannot cast most spells from what I've heard, unless you have at least 1 in the element. 1 lore and 1 life usually got you around pretty far back in the day for a lil minor healing to add with your healing skill. Forget it. 1 life Minor heal is a 15 sec wait for like 7-11 hp. I heard you can get this delay down to 2 secs with enough life skill, but starting off on a low level again, limits my options. Can't cast in combat, need to not hit or be hit for like 3-4 secs to cast, and if you cast and hit/get hit, it gets canceled.

Halflings don't auto hide anymore. You touch a mob, you are visible again and need to wait to 'be out of combat' to hide again.

A lot of items were revamped, some upped in price. All the spells do more damage to you, and Petrification / Death / Fear / Slow/ Paralyze are going to be there to stop you for a very long time until you can afford some gear and potions.

That is about all I can think of atm, but, it is doable despite all that. >.>' Just be patient, die a lot and gather money. Pretty much save up to get your gear first, as that will relieve all your stress, then worry about leveling, because monster killing is pretty much the same still.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:08 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploog View Post
Yes, that one is equally as bad, as well as anything that resembles something like that. Pits, spiked pits, spider webs, what was it, Honey traps? I don't even remember all of them, but I do remember cursing a bit irl. Lol.
*chuckles* I don't think you understand. Net traps were designed to catch flying players.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:47 PM

O god. That is truly evil. But at least it is only 1 trap instead of like 10 =/ Less chances to get into it lol.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:09 AM

I despise how long it takes to get out of traps...
Old 09-22-2010, 02:36 AM
Wizardess

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadhobo View Post
I despise how long it takes to get out of traps...
You have how much strength?

It truly is wonderful that traps are finally traps and something to consider instead of being just non-consequential things.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:28 PM

Traps have always been rough on me, even when I play with high strength levels. They are my arch-enemy.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:30 PM
Wizardess

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadhobo View Post
Traps have always been rough on me, even when I play with high strength levels. They are my arch-enemy.
lol It's good to know you have one!
Old 09-22-2010, 05:35 PM

Machuno Besar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

The only real change is cthulu >_>
Old 09-23-2010, 08:41 PM

kiez has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

When I first started back up after about 8 months of absence, it was a mess. I lost 2/3 of my xp in three days. Just be prepared to explore much more carefully. Hang around edges and corners of walls and let the spellcasters come to you. They are much easier when drawn away from groups and when they start casting spells that hit you only when they are close. Just be careful, and maybe downgrade the monsters you fight for a while until you get used to things. Also, if you weren't a kiter before, become one now.

Last edited by kiez : 09-23-2010 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Embarassing Grammar and Spelling I could not ignore.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:58 AM

Zeofar has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Hey Toe, I haven't seen any of your characters on, but I'd like to see you back here. I still have the logs from the day you decided to quit "due to peer pressure," and it'd be great if you were back. I'll tell you, Wyvern is still worth it and a stronger community will make it better yet. Hope I see you ingame sometime.