Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Wyvern Help
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wyvern Help Ask, answer, and provide information regarding the game or forum.

Old 07-22-2007, 05:09 PM

Narowa has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Question www.cabochon.com is back, but...

the site of wyvern is working properly now(i think)http://web.archive.org/web/200605272....cabochon.com/
but i cant instal or create a character. it says:

Data Retrieval Failure.

We're sorry. We were unable to retrieve the requested data. We may be experiencing technical difficulties and suggest that you try again later.
See the FAQs for more info and help, or contact us.

could someone help me out plz? or is the site not working properly?

I forgot to mencion, when i start the java web start (http://web.archive.org/web/200606161...webstart.html), it says:unable to launch application.

Last edited by Narowa : 07-22-2007 at 05:14 PM.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:17 PM

themadhobo has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

erm, the games been down for nearly a year. It was going down for some brief maintenance, but turned out to need a bit more comprehensive revamp to be functioning as desired. Check out some of the other threads on the boards to see what going on exactly.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:02 PM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

The website is not back. That is a link to an independent website that works to archive the web by keeping old copies of websites. As such it's just a shell that only has the most basic html for each webpage. Only the actual webpage hosted on the actual server can allow you to make a new character, download material, etc.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:27 PM

Airwing has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

can someone send me the everything of wyvern not the map maker tho
and ty
Trung_le_1@hotmail.com
Old 08-04-2007, 03:45 AM

Hellower has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Question Where can i download Wyvern ?

The official site have a error or what.
The site dont exist. Where can i download Wyvern ?
Old 08-04-2007, 09:53 AM
Player Mod

Clubbz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Can you people not read, the wyvern server is down, and has been for some time....the game is unplayable currently....
Old 08-05-2007, 03:21 AM

Hellower has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

i was on
http://web.archive.org/web/200605272....cabochon.com/
the site exist i go to PLAY WYVERN i click on Create Character and when i click to create the character a error. And when i want download WYVER it dont work.
And when i dowload the Map Editor the instalation dont works.
Please upload wyvern client on rapidshare or so and give here the link.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:07 AM

Raze has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Coffee Mug

Hellower the server is down, the link you give is an archived (non working) version. The game might come back in the future, it might not (you never know what may happen). Find some other stuff to do in the meantime.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:07 AM
Forum Admin

Hellower - I previously replied to the other person who brought it up (see below quote). Even if you have the client you cannot play as the server is offline. The actual website is hosted on the same server which is why it is also offline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arilou View Post
The website is not back. That is a link to an independent website that works to archive the web by keeping old copies of websites. As such it's just a shell that only has the most basic html for each webpage. Only the actual webpage hosted on the actual server can allow you to make a new character, download material, etc.
The game will eventually come back, but it's going to be offline for awhile longer so you just have to be patient. Check the Official Updates thread in the Announcements forums for updates.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:08 PM

WizMan has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Post Wyvern Update

Is the game still updating b/c i just download wyvern again

http://www.os2world.com/games/index....=373&Itemid=65

from there and then i start it and it take some time to update..
Old 09-28-2007, 05:08 PM
Forum Admin

Yes, the game is still offline. No, you cannot login in. The updating thing is messed up. One such example is if you are on dial up, it will say it's updating, but really it will just leave you on that screen either forever or for a very long time (I forget which). To get around that disconnect from the internet, then open the client, (it will go directly to the login screen) then dial back up, and you will be able to try to login only to be told you cannot connect.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:07 PM

Question Wait??

i don't want to be that guy, who cant wait of the game to come back.... i no it may take time to get the site back, get the java and etc, all i want to no how long do it take it to bring it back it been like year.... i last thing i herd was that he was updating something.. i'm just saying why is ittaking some long..

Thax You
Old 10-04-2007, 09:53 PM

Logwad has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Logwad Send a message via MSN to Logwad

The exact reason is speculation, but logical reasons include not having the server set up to his satisfaction, and being busy with real life (He is married and works for Google, those alone tend to eat into "distraction" time. )
Old 10-06-2007, 05:39 PM

i was just thinking why don't he put up parts of the game that done and rdy to play on ..?
Old 10-06-2007, 08:28 PM

Ranuke has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

The reason he doesn't just put up the parts that are ready to play is because it would be incomplete. There may be areas that are complete that he plans to be a couple of seas apart and putting them in early would ruin the plan.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:56 PM
Forum Admin

Err, no changes are being made to the areas within the game. The server which hosts everything, however, is being worked on and it needs to be offline to do that work. If he's puts up the server before he is completed with everything he wants to do, he cannot finish his work without taking it down again.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:26 PM

i was thinking once again what was happend if he didn't update the thing that made him had to drop the game..?
Old 10-08-2007, 03:29 PM
Forum Admin

Getting the game to you before he's happy that he has done all he can is just not going to happen. Doing so would require he take the game down again at a later date to complete what he didn't finish and that would be far worse as he'd be taking it down on a playerbase that had just begun to repopulate itself. When the game went offline and remained offline for so long we lost thousands upon thousands of players forever. So, to risk losing a lot of players again just after the playerbase got another chance to flourish would be deadly and not something you want. It's better to make you hardcore Wyvern fans wait a little while longer rather then to just tease you with an unfinished project that he will have to take away again.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:27 PM

Hamel has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

But, Arilou we never had that many players. O.o Did we? And even if wyvern has a bunch of people "leave" most of them will be back to play. As long as whatever R is doing doesn't take much longer. >.>
Old 10-08-2007, 11:58 PM

Flamingpyrojo has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Flamingpyrojo Send a message via MSN to Flamingpyrojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamel View Post
But, Arilou we never had that many players. O.o Did we? And even if wyvern has a bunch of people "leave" most of them will be back to play. As long as whatever R is doing doesn't take much longer. >.>
Hamel, we had quite a few players actually. Come to think of it only my secret spots were untouched everywhere else was looted and destroyed within minutes of reboots. Most players will be receive an e-mail telling them the server has relaunched. Hence most players ''SHOULD'' be back, atleast the cool ones. R is taking long and peoples patience is running low. But we must consider the following. R has a life he has family, a job, etc.. He has more important things to do then his Wyvern ''Project''. It may be his dream he just has other things to do... Who knows maybe he'll hand Wyvern to someone else...I highly doubt that though.
Yodasoda(Frosty axeman)
Wonka(My prize Rak firemage)