Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:14 AM

Hamel has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

hhm? yes brain..... good brain. hes not speaking so loud right now <.>
*cackles*
Old 07-13-2007, 08:53 PM

orionsbane has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

cool ideia hamel

i noticed a earlier post saying how bolt spells are weak as well
i liked that too.

i have an ideia for both

if u have a warm up time i think it should be more of a charge up time.

as it is currently a bolt spell dose a certian ammount of dmg per hit

but if u had the spell charge, u could put more power into a bolt spell
mabye even more for the mana than a fireball etc.

that might would also make a mage want to do something other than just spam spells on say a paly he would want to take them out with one hit. and charge up a really powerfull spell to one hit him then mabye while say lvling he want to spam spells to weaken mutiple monsters.

soo basicly its an ideia that spells would charge up if say u hold down the button or something (wither u have to stand still or not i dont know thatd be up to wizzards anyway)

also this might be easier to implememt cause all a wizard would have to do is make a spelll charge up when u hold down a cast buttion.

mabye there could be another modifier like the spell fail rate would go up if u charge it with too much dmg for the ammount of skill u have for that spell or something else

anyway i like the ideia of a warmup time or charge up time, anything is better than spammed spells

cool down only makes sense if its a powererfull instant spell
like u mentioned evocation or something like that should be instant or close to it.

As to meleers umm we die too mages can spam spells and kill more mons we have hp and live longer soo i think thats not too unbalanced. but every game has issues with balancing melee and mage types.

Last edited by orionsbane : 07-13-2007 at 09:01 PM.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:24 PM

Tanm has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Haha, so easy to forget that this game is still in beta. Actually, I hadn't even remembered until Arilou said something =O

Anyway, back on topic I guess
Old 07-14-2007, 02:45 PM

themadhobo has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

charge up on a bolt type spell would be sweet! Maybe have like a damage modifier? it could add x1 per second you wait so if you wait like 10 seconds, youll get beaten into a pulp but your one chance for attack might kill your enemy just fast enough.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:03 AM

Robbeh has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arilou View Post
In fact, we hope some of you will remain with the game when beta is over.
Wait what? Wyvern's going to come out of beta?

I remember when I was a mere toddler on a broken down Pentium II. After installing the client (mind you, the browser one not the stand alone one) and creating a dwarf - because stocky smash-em-axe characters seemed much more fun than thinking - I ventured through the lever held rats and the goblin and orcs in the dungeons until my axe broke. I wept. But after my hands were bruised from destroying graveyards of skeletons, I decided to pick up orc axes. But after brief experimentation, coupled with my littering of the ogre room with my gravestones, I decided a new way - the WHIP! So there I was venturing out of New Verden, bearing a magic whip along with my all sorted armor heading to eastern port city (my my, I've forgotten her name) where there were encaged elves and giants. Much to my delight, I was slaughtered by them all.

Ahh the good ol' days. It's been a few years since then. Ever since I have invested my time into a HoF fire turn enchanter (wept as enchants were weakened and you couldn't drop items anymore) ArchMagi Human, HoF 'Holier-than-thou' Paladin perfecting in dodge abilities and finally a HoF Halfling Fire Mage turn Cleric (wept for the Resurrection turn back) turn Fire/Ice Mage. Then my naga was stuck on level 19 as I wondered if there was anyway I could survive the onslaught of spells casted onto my mostly naked Dragon body...

Oh! My point!

Can't wait until Wyvern's back. I'm going to focus more on RP, never liked PK, and going to start a new. Can't wait to see the crowded NV houses.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:42 PM

Narhalles has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

stone golems can take a pounding and you use them to keep monsters at distance while you blast them with your bolt spell. simple, effective, easy.

Narhalles - Rak Tiger - Cavies - level 22
Sihon - Stone Giant - Unguilded - level 21
LifeLine - Pixie Swords man - Unguilded - level 12
EgoMachine - Halfing Whipper - Unguilded - level 19
IC - Frost Giant - Unguilded - level 10
StaticS - Storm Giant - Unguilded - level 16