Wyvern Forums

Review Wyvern Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Arcade
Go Back   Wyvern Forums > Archive > Wyvern Forums Archive > Suggestions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chatbox Today's Posts

Suggestions Post any suggestions for new Wyvern content here that is too complicated to explain in the idea log or that you want to first get feedback on from other players.

Old 05-03-2007, 01:06 PM

Jackolantir has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Jackolantir Send a message via MSN to Jackolantir Send a message via Yahoo to Jackolantir Send a message via Skype™ to Jackolantir

I agree with Lordz, that idea is absolutley brilliant.
*cough*

Maybe no xp. But that would just weaken your weapon.
Not saying its a bad idea, just... It would be a little pointless. But pointless isn't always bad.
I always thought an archry range would be nice. Its also pointless, but just having targets out as scenery... Kinda like the wailling-on-dummies(or Fredd) idea. It would just be part of the scenery...
But I'm sure Zifa has better things to do. Making a trainning area with dummies is pointless.
Maybe dummies that fight back, but that's not what's being talked about.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:19 PM

Lordz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

There is an "archery range" in/near the Archers guild.They have targets and such but they are there for display really not for actual target practice,but then again you dont really need any target practice...All you need to do is hold a button and click.. =p

And Zifa....I still want my Brinium statue in my treehouse.Add that to your list =p
Old 05-03-2007, 06:10 PM

Bullfrogz has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via AIM to Bullfrogz Send a message via MSN to Bullfrogz

Well how about this. You can pay the weapon shop owner to practice with his dummies. When you attack them, it lets you know you damage (Money per attack, maybe?). Good for testing different skills and weapons.

I mean, no real big difference form practicing you damage on a friend on the arena, so it won't change the game much, just make it easier.

Last edited by Bullfrogz : 05-03-2007 at 06:12 PM.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jackolantir Send a message via MSN to Jackolantir Send a message via Yahoo to Jackolantir Send a message via Skype™ to Jackolantir

That requires coding... If you could somehow... Well, nevermind. But yea... Your attacks probably to do range between between damage. I think you're givin enough imformation by looking at your skill list, anyways.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:23 PM

Why not an overall damage stat??Lol....Makes it kinda simpler yet more complicated at the same time...like

20-30 Damage
Old 05-04-2007, 12:13 AM

That also requires coding... But how does that make things more complicated, Lordz? It doesnt. It makes it too easy.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:32 AM

Its makes it more complicated due to the coding...Kinda answered your own question.....
Old 05-04-2007, 03:20 AM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

If you're asking for a way to receive the amount of damage you do in numbers, you're not going to get that. We're always going to strive to keep numbers out of your playing experience as much as possible and make it harder for people to try to figure such things out within the current system.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:51 AM

Im not asking for anything...Thats the wrong thing to do...Doesn't get anywhere.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:10 PM

No, asking isn't always bad.
But no numbers are good. It makes it challenging. We're lucky enough to know our skillset and such.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:13 PM

Ploog has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to Ploog

<_< I'm a number cruncher. =) I would gladly take the amounts of damage dealt if at all possible.

Know that I am not asking for anything, but I would definitely take it if provided.

Otherwse...Read the first post, and not much more, but decided to post what I would enjoy in the game.

1. Redone LQ's. Make them longer, non monster bashing only. Make lq's group based, and you need multiple people on your team in order to accomplish the quest. Any LQ now, I can solo without breaking a sweat, as may other players can. I suggest making them like actual quests, with puzzles, monster killing, and different elements such as in the AV slab quest. There you need an archer, and mage, and naga, and some form of melee person. Make the prize given to the group at random(the group that wins) and they can fend the prize for themselves. Give to a friend for cheap, or decide ahead of time who gets the prize. Or make them lesser prizes, and each member in the group gets a share.

2. New training areas for people level 25+. There are not nearly enough training areas for these levels to keep people out of RD's and explore the game. RD's lead to the fastest gain of xp, and I would say that eventually, to take out most of the RD's in the game, unless it is for a quest, or has some goal at the end, such as the Vault RD's. RD's don't really even make sense in the game really, but I use them, because that is the best way to train.

3. Cities need to be refurbished: They are old looking and when I mean old, I do not mean RP wise, and the city just hasn't developed over time. I mean, that for this time period of Wyvern being active, the cities are still in the 'years ago past' for graphics and set-up. The cities look like for the most part. I know the Wizards nowadays can make/clean everything up so much in the cities if they were allowed to. I have heard that only the Wizard that made the city can make changes to it. I think that is sort of silly, as some, well, a ton of the wizards are not active, or just hanve't been seen since they left before. If not changing the cities because only the wizard who made it is the only reason for not changing the city, couldn't the wizards just redo the city, and save the old, in case the other Wizard has a problem with the changes -.- j/w

4. Not that this idea means much, especially under this topic, but making the hurled weapons actually work would be awesome actually. Or even making unarmed work for other races other then raks and nagas, as right now, it really does nothing for humans and other races. 95% of the damage they(non raks/nagas) do while in the monks guild is strength damage. This limits the races to monks guild to only raks and nagas. As far as I know, this is the only limitation not instituted by Rhialto for races going into guilds. Otherwise nagas and raks cannot join the paladin guild, and that is because of the evil alignment. Also, raks with a weapon is a bug from what I hear, so maybe that get fixed somehow too.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:01 AM
Forum Admin

Arilou has disabled reputation

We'd sooner remove a city entirely than redo it if the creator has a wizard account. We've done this many times in the past and you may see it happen many times in the future as it looks less and less likely that the creator will come back to redo them.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:08 AM

Ploog has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower
Send a message via MSN to Ploog

ooooo Good then. Doesn't matter what a time schedule on these projects are(mainly because we all know how those are, LOL); it is nice to know that you would do it though.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:54 PM

Frosten has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

I like some of ploog's ideas, especially the 25+ training spots..
Also, i was thinking of maybe some special training spots you can only go to if you completed a certain quest, for example: complete the history of noir before you can go into a new part of noir that has pretty high leveled monsters, and a random drop at the end of the map..something along those lines, another quest reward i guess, favor of the NPC.

I like the idea of a new coran, i guessed thats what it was after reading your first post..new monsters in store perhaps?

Perhaps more lower leveled RD's in NV, amita, and davos? or maybe change them so that there is a prize like in the bank vaults...except that there is a level cap to get in.

Going back to the spots you get into for completing a quest, maybe make some lairs like the dragon lairs, except make the lairs for higher level monsters, such as monopods, ghasts, shogs, beholders?, etc..but make them a very limited # in the lair (3 or so), and few/no hiding spots, that way its a lil more challenging, especially for those mages that love to fireball, run, fireball, run.

Places to go to help your respective guild, like say a band of liches attack a certain area and the guild needs your help? (guild only training spot, or group guild mini quest??)

These are just a few of my ideas that seemed interesting that i would like to pitch to you guys..

Glacio (Frost Giant Axeman) (level 30)
Then (Human Mage) (level 28)
Shoot (Rakshasa Caveman) (level 26)
Magiz (Halfling Enchanter) (level 26)
Patron (Human Conjurer) (level 25)
Dboss (Halfling Rogue) (level 25)
Old 07-03-2007, 11:07 AM

quijote has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

This topic has been up since january and I haven't even noticed it. Somebody suggested themed RD's(monopods and shogs, plasma wyverns and salamanders and what not) but imo that would be making it simply too easy. Warring cities, group lq's, quests, harder trainingspots - gogogo. I like your quest idea also frosten.

Make a bingo house in Coran so all the elder wyverneers can spend their saturdays there.

Oh and make sure to add a ridiculously big fountain to N-C, you should probably make it priority no. 1

...and street lights for when it gets dark.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:13 PM

themadhobo has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

hahahaha yeah, it needs a really really big extravagant fountain.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:01 AM

Hamel has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

And a tavern with wizard blood wine, wouldn't want lemah to go hungry. :F
Errr.. thirsty.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:11 PM

Nightswift has just set foot in the Tutorial Tower

There should be a wyvern retirement home >_>...